Ever since Walt Disney World introduced Disney Genie+ in 2021, there’s been a lot of information to digest.
Even more so, details continue to change and new strategies to develop. We, ourselves, are still absorbing the ins and outs of the new FastPass+ system, too.
Because we know it can be overwhelming, we wanted to try to make it as easy for you as possible, especially if you’ve never used the service before to tour the parks.
Since the launch of the infamous Genie, we’ve written a lot of articles to help you navigate it all. So, we thought it would be a good idea to put these links in one easy-to-use place.
Disney Genie+ is the new FastPass+ system at Walt Disney World. For $15.98 per ticket per day (with tax), you can purchase Genie+ and skip the Standby Line for select attractions at all 4 Disney World theme parks.
It’s built directly into the My Disney Experience app. When your return time is called, you’ll enter the attraction via the “Lightning Lane,” the new name for FastPass lines.
Learn more about Genie+
Individual Lightning Lane Selections
This pay-per-ride option allows you to purchase a time to ride select popular attractions at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood, and Animal Kingdom. Once your return time is called, you can board the attraction using the Lightning Lane.
The Individual Lightning Lane attractions selections are not included with Genie+. They are sold separately and are pay-per-use. If you opt to pay for it, you’ll schedule a time to arrive at up to 2 “highly demanded” attractions each day using the Lightning Lanes.
Learn more about the pay-per-ride option
Touring Plan Strategies
If you want the best chance of navigating not only the parks in general, but also when booking Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lanes selections, you’ll need a strategy before entering the parks. We’ve compiled a couple helpful guides that will help you devise touring plan strategies with and without Genie+ and another noting which Lightning Lane attractions you should book first.
Learn more about the best strategies to tour the parks with Genie+
Disney Genie is the new digital planning tool built in the My Disney Experience app that gives you a personalized itinerary and recommendations to help you map out an entire park day, including attractions, dining, entertainment, and more. Unlike the systems above, regular Disney Genie is simply a free planning tool with no special line access.
Learn more about Disney Genie
Genie+ at Disneyland
If you want to know how Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lanes work at Disneyland, go no further. There are many similarities, but also some big differences, including pricing, when you can book, and how many attractions are available.
Learn more about Genie+ at Disneyland and how it compares to Disney World
- Select Individual Lightning Lane Attractions Moving To Genie+ At Disney World For Limited Time
- Genie+ Adding Festival of Fantasy & Hollywood Studios Character Meet & Greet
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure At Epcot Dropping Virtual Queue In January
- Expedition Everest Reopening In April, Will Be Added To Genie+
- Disneyland Testing Hybrid Standby & Virtual Queue For Rise Of The Resistance
- Discovery Island at Animal Kingdom (Nomad Lounge, Trails, Mickey & Minnie) - October 7, 2022
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Opens January 2023 at Disneyland, Plus More Disney100 Celebration Details - October 6, 2022
- Walt’s Main Street Story & Holiday Guided Tour Returning to Disneyland Resort - October 5, 2022