Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run gives Star Wars fans the chance to actually pilot the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy — Han Solo’s Millennium Falcon, of course. This is a thrilling attraction, where guests can choose one of three roles (pilot, engineer, or gunner) and fly
the ship courtesy of a simulator that makes you feel like you’re actually in the midst of all the action.
- Location: Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Height Requirement: 38 inches
- Description: Guests get behind the controls of the Millennium Falcon in one of three flight crew roles.
- When to Visit: At park opening.
- Recommended: Yes, especially Star Wars fans.
- Tip(s): A Single Rider line is available here.
- Genie+, Individual Lightning Lane Selection, or Virtual Queue: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run is available with Genie+
- Scheduled Refurbishments
Everything You Need To Know About Smugglers Run
You can find Smugglers Run in Galaxy’s Edge. Here’s the location on the map.
The height requirement for Smugglers Run is 38 inches. We also have guides on other WDW thrill rides and height requirements for attractions at other theme parks and water parks.
Rider Switch & Single Rider
You can use Rider Switch for Smugglers Run. This is Disney’s system that allows guests with small children to take turns riding bigger rides, while another person/people wait with the little one.
There is also a Single Rider Line available, which means you’ll ride alone and enter this queue, instead of the Standby Line.
On Aug. 29, 2019, the same day as Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Smugglers Run opened to the public for the first time.
In August 2015, Disney first announced at the D23 Expo that Star Wars-themed lands were coming to both Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World and Disneyland Park in California.
They also revealed two new attractions would be built, including one that gave fans the chance to pilot the Millennium Falcon.
The name of the matching lands weren’t officially announced until July 2017. As for the names of the attractions, Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, they were shared during Destination D in November 2018.
The queue for Smugglers Run is indoors and lengthy, so be prepared to walk. That said, it’s super immersive and filled with many details.
One of the best views from the line is when you get to see the very top of the Millennium Falcon. Keep those eyes peeled — you can’t miss it!
There is an also interactive queue that guests can enjoy courtesy of the Play Disney Parks app. Make sure your datapad (smart device) is charged and ready to go!
Smugglers Run is a simulator that has intense moments and life-like sensations of flying. We have a guide on motion sickness that’s filled with information and tips.
There are multiple ride vehicles that resemble the actual cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. Each cockpit has six seats, each with their own job (either pilot, engineer, or gunner).
The pilot and co-pilot are upfront, the two gunners are directly behind in the middle section, and the engineers are in the back. Each guest has their own individual seat with a safety belt.
Is It Kid-Friendly?
Smugglers Run can be intense at times. If little ones don’t like being enclosed or the simulation of flying and other quick moments, you may want to avoid. We have a full guide on things that might scare little ones at WDW.
Your photo isn’t taken on Smugglers Run.
If you want more information on this, be sure to check out our PhotoPass and how Memory Maker works guides.
Watching a video of Smugglers Run is very different than experiencing it in real life. But, if you want to get a feel for how the ride operates and what you’ll see, here you go.
Other Fun Details
- Easter Eggs: Both Smugglers Run and the land have a lot of Easter Eggs, including unlocking “Chewbacca Mode” when you’re piloting the ride and being able to sit and take photos at the famous holochess table before entering the cockpit.
- Play Disney Parks: Yes. This free mobile app is only available for select attractions and allows guests to pass the time as they play games, trivia, and earn achievements along the way.
- Movie Connections: Smugglers Run is inspired by the Star Wars franchise.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Opening Memorial Day Weekend
- Salt & Straw Officially Opens At Disney Springs
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue Will Have 3 Drop Times
- TRON Lightcycle / Run Will Have a Virtual Queue, an Individual Lightning Lane, and a Locker System
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023