Onsite resort guests have 2 new options for enjoying the parks outside the official park operating hours: Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Theme Park Hours.
But, while all onsite guests have access to Early Theme Park Entry, only guests staying at a Disney Deluxe or Disney Deluxe Villas Resort (plus a couple other select hotels) have access to the new Extended Evening Theme Park Hours.
Here’s everything you need to know about this new onsite benefit.
What are Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?
Extended Evening Theme Park Hours allow eligible guests to stay in Magic Kingdom or Epcot (and on rare occasions, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom) for 2 hours past official park closing.
For years and years, the onsite benefits you got from staying at a Walt Disney World Resort were fairly consistent, including Extra Magic Hours – which was a perk that allowed all onsite guests (no matter which Disney hotel they were staying in) to get some extra time in 1-2 parks per day.
But, after the parks reopened, Disney opted to make some changes, and the once popular Extra Magic Hours have been retired, with 2 new options for enjoying the park past official park hours taking its place:
- Early Theme Park Entry (which is open to any onsite guests, plus guests at other select nearby resorts)
- Extended Evening Theme Park Hours (open to only guests staying at a Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa resort, plus a couple other select resorts)
Who can go to Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?
Note: These are typically the most expensive resorts, but you can save some money when staying at the Deluxe Villas by renting DVC points.
This change signifies a move towards a more curated experience. While it narrows the pool of guests who can take advantage of these hours, it also means a quieter and more leisurely park experience for those who do. It’s about quality over quantity.
The parks during these hours are less crowded, making it a bit easier to enjoy popular attractions. For those who have access, it’s a chance to enjoy the parks in a distinctly unique and less hectic setting, adding a different kind of magic to the end of your day
Disney Deluxe Resorts
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Other Select Hotels
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Shades of Green
Extended Evening Theme Park Hours Schedule
Early Theme Park Entry is available every day, at every park.
But, Extended Evening Theme Park Hours are only available at 2 parks (Magic Kingdom and Epcot) and only for a couple of nights per week. (Note: Hollywood Studios occasionally hosts Extended Evening Theme Park Hours, and even Animal Kingdom sometimes has them, but this is the exception, not the rule. Be sure to check the schedule ahead of time to see what’s available.)
Disney isn’t publishing the schedule too far in advance, but as you can see by the list below, Epcot Extended Evening Hours are for 2 hours on Mondays and Magic Kingdom Extended Evening Hours are for 2 hours on Wednesdays.
Which attractions are open during Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?
While not every attraction will be open, you’ll find many of your favorites available:
Magic Kingdom Attractions Open During Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- “it’s a small world”
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- TRON Lightcycle / Run (available via virtual queue — learn more here)
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
(Notably missing: Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, Jungle Cruise, & The Hall of Presidents)
Epcot Attractions Open During Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind (available via virtual queue — learn more here)
- Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana
- Mission: SPACE
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Hollywood Studios Attractions Open During Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance*
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
*May not be available during Extended Evening Theme Park Hours.
Animal Kingdom Attractions Open During Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Na’vi River Journey
- TriceraTop Spin
(Notably missing: Kilimanjaro Safaris)
How do Extended Evening Theme Park Hours work?
On regular nights, when the parks officially close, Cast Members also “close” the lines to attractions (if you are in line when the parks close, you’ll be allowed to ride) and, as people exit attractions and restaurants, they slowly move them towards the front of the park by forming loose human walls that only let you move out, towards the park exits, and not back deeper inside the park.
But, on the select nights when there are Extended Evening Theme Park Hours, the lines remain open and Cast Members confirm at the attractions (by scanning your MagicBand or ticket) that an individual is allowed to ride.
Do you need a ticket for Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?
You don’t need to purchase a separate special ticket, but you DO need a park ticket for the day you plan to attend Extended Evening Theme Park Hours.
Extended Evening Theme Park Hours Tips
After attending several Extended Theme Park Hours, here are some tips we have:
- Plan Ahead: Before your visit, check which attractions and areas of the park will be open during the extended hours. This will help you prioritize and plan your evening accordingly.
- Rest Up: Extended hours often mean a long day at the park. Consider taking a break or a short nap in the afternoon so you’re refreshed and ready to enjoy the evening.
- Dine Strategically: Have an early dinner so you won’t have to spend precious extended hours eating.
- Dress Appropriately: Evenings can be cooler, especially in winter months, so bring along a light jacket or sweater. Comfortable footwear is also a must, as you’ll likely be on your feet for extended periods.
- Target Popular Attractions: Use this time to visit the most popular rides and attractions, as lines are generally shorter. It’s an excellent opportunity to experience rides that usually have long wait times during regular hours.
- Capture the Moments: Evening hours can offer unique photo opportunities with special lighting and fewer photobombers. Don’t forget to capture these moments.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2024 Guide to Easter at Disney World - February 23, 2024
- How to Ship a Package to Your Disney World Resort (w/ Addresses) - February 21, 2024
- 2024 Kids Guide to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - February 20, 2024