Onsite resort guests have 2 new options for enjoying the parks outside the official park operating hours: Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Theme Park Hours.
But, while all onsite guests have access to Early Theme Park Entry, only guests staying at a Disney Deluxe or Disney Deluxe Villas Resort (plus a couple other select hotels) have access to the new Extended Evening Theme Park Hours.
Here’s everything you need to know about this new onsite benefit.
What are Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?
Extended Evening Theme Park Hours allow eligible guests to stay in Magic Kingdom or Epcot (and on rare occasions, Hollywood Studios) for 2 hours past official park closing.
For years and years, the onsite benefits you got from staying at a Walt Disney World Resort were fairly consistent. You had access to Extra Magic Hours, use of the free Magical Express service, and even perks like complimentary MagicBands.
But, after the parks reopened and with the big 50th Anniversary Celebration kicking off, Disney has opted to make some changes.
Magical Express is being replaced, you now have to pay for MagicBands, and the once popular Extra Magic Hours have been retired, with 2 new options for enjoying the park past official park hours taking its place:
- Early Theme Park Entry (which is open to any onsite guests, plus guests at other select nearby resorts)
- Extended Evening Theme Park Hours (open to only guests staying at a Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa resort, plus a couple other select resorts)
Who can go to Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?
Unlike the old Extra Magic Hours and the current Early Theme Park Entry, eligibility for Extended Evening Park Hours requires that you be staying at a Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort.
Note: These are typically the most expensive resorts, but you can save some money when staying at the Deluxe Villas by renting DVC points.
Disney Deluxe Resorts
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Other Select Hotels
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Shades of Green
Extended Evening Theme Park Hours Schedule
Early Theme Park Entry is available every day, at every park.
But, Extended Evening Theme Park Hours are only available at 2 parks (Magic Kingdom and Epcot) and only for a couple of nights per week. (Note: Hollywood Studios occasionally hosts Extended Evening Theme Park Hours, such as for 2 dates in December 2022, but this is the exception, not the rule).
Disney isn’t publishing the schedule too far in advance, but as you can see by the list below, Epcot Extended Evening Hours are for 2 hours on Mondays and Magic Kingdom Extended Evening Hours are for 2 hours on Wednesdays.
|Date||Theme Park||Extended Hours|
|Monday, Feb 6||EPCOT||9:00 PM to 11:00 PM|
|Tuesday, Feb 7||Magic Kingdom park||11:00 PM to 1:00 AM|
|Monday, Feb 13||EPCOT||9:00 PM to 11:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Feb 15||Magic Kingdom park||11:00 PM to 1:00 AM|
|Monday, Feb 20||EPCOT||9:00 PM to 11:00 PM|
|Tuesday, Feb 21||Magic Kingdom park||11:00 PM to 1:00 AM|
|Monday, Feb 27||EPCOT||9:00 PM to 11:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Mar 1||Magic Kingdom park||10:00 PM to midnight|
|Monday, Mar 6||EPCOT||9:00 PM to 11:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Mar 8||Magic Kingdom park||10:00 PM to midnight|
|Monday, Mar 13||EPCOT||9:00 PM to 11:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Mar 15||Magic Kingdom park||10:00 PM to midnight|
|Monday, Mar 20||EPCOT||9:00 PM to 11:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Mar 22||Magic Kingdom park||10:00 PM to midnight|
|Monday, Mar 27||EPCOT||9:00 PM to 11:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Mar 29||Magic Kingdom park||10:00 PM to midnight|
|Monday, Apr 2||EPCOT||9:00 PM to 11:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Apr 5||Magic Kingdom park||10:00 PM to midnight|
Which attractions are open during Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?
While not every attraction will be open, you’ll find many of your favorites available:
Magic Kingdom Attractions Open During Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- “it’s a small world”
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
(Notably missing: Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, & The Hall of Presidents)
Epcot Attractions Open During Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- Beauty and The Beast Sing-Along
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind (available via virtual queue — learn more here)
- Mission: SPACE
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Hollywood Studios Attractions Open During Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
How do Extended Evening Theme Park Hours work?
On regular nights, when the parks officially close, Cast Members also “close” the lines to attractions (if you are in line when the parks close, you’ll be allowed to ride) and, as people exit attractions and restaurants, they slowly move them towards the front of the park by forming loose human walls that only let you move out, towards the park exits, and not back deeper inside the park.
But, on the select nights when there are Extended Evening Theme Park Hours, the lines remain open and Cast Members confirm at the attractions (by scanning your MagicBand or ticket) that an individual is allowed to ride.
Do you need a ticket for Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?
You don’t need to purchase a separate special ticket, but you DO need a park ticket for the day you plan to attend Extended Evening Theme Park Hours.
According to Disney:
Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours–or, guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation.
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Special 2023 Disney World Rates & Tickets Available For U.S. Military Members
- TRON Lightcycle / Run Will Have a Virtual Queue, an Individual Lightning Lane, and a Locker System
- Disney After Hours: Is It Really Worth It? - March 20, 2023
- Where to meet Moana at Disney World - March 15, 2023
- Mirabel and Moana meet & greets coming soon (plus lots more updates) - March 15, 2023
Tuesday 8th of February 2022
When you say ‘avoid the park hosting these extended hours’ is that because you expect long lines during extended hours or just earlier that day? I am wondering if shorter wait times are expected during the extended hours allowing attendees to get in several rides during the two hour window or not. Thanks!
Sunday 9th of January 2022
For my December 2021 trip, I used the Epcot extended evening hours, they scanned your magic band at the beginning of the ride to ensure you qualified.
Tuesday 31st of August 2021
Do you think Disney plans to add more parks to the Extend Hours benefit at some point in the future? And if so, when would you expect them to do so?