Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster is a fast indoor roller coaster at Hollywood Studios featuring the music of classic rock band Aerosmith.
This isn’t for the faint of heart and is quite the intense ride, but also a fun one. If you like twists, turns, going upside down, and a themed-coaster, then you might just like Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.
- Location: Hollywood Studios, Sunset Boulevard
- Height Requirement: 48 inches
- Description: This high-speed, takes-off-really-super-fast coaster features the music of Aerosmith. The story line is that you’re headed to a red carpet event and don’t have much time so you’re in a fast-paced limo that takes you through twists and turns (some parts are inverted) and delivers you to the red carpet.
- When to Visit: Right at opening or within the first hour.
- Recommended: Yes
- Tip(s): Single rider line is available here.
- Genie+, Individual Lightning Lane Selection, or Virtual Queue: Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster is available with Genie+
- Scheduled Refurbishments
Everything You Need To Know About Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
You can find Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster at the end of Sunset Boulevard to the left of Tower of Terror. Here’s the location on the map.
Rider Switch & Single Rider
You can use Rider Switch for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. Rider Switch is Disney’s system that allows guests with small children to take turns riding bigger rides, while another person/people wait with the little one.
There is also a Single Rider Line available, which means you’ll ride alone and enter this queue, instead of the Standby Line.
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster first opened on July 29, 1999 and debuted with a dedication ceremony that included Aerosmith.
This was the first coaster at Walt Disney World to feature multiple inversions. Believe it or not, but the ride vehicles have 120-125 speakers and 24 sub-woofers. As for the entire attraction, there are more than 900 speakers.
What makes the ride so thrilling is that the super-stretch limo goes from 0 to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds.
Each vehicle also features a different Aerosmith track, including: “Nine Lives”; “Sweet Emotion”; “Back in the Saddle”/”Dude Looks Like a Lady” medley; “Love in an Elevator”/”Walk This Way” medley; “Young Lust”/”F.I.N.E.””Love in and Elevator” medley.
The queue for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster is both outdoors and indoors. Even though it doesn’t have an interactive queue, there’s a lot to take in theming-wise.
There’s even a pre-show with Aerosmith themselves (previously recorded, of course) and actress Illeana Douglas and actor Ken Marino.
Motion Sickness is definitely likely, especially with Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster going upside down and having sharp twists and turns. We have a guide on motion sickness that’s filled with information and tips.
Each limo fits 24 guests. The ride vehicles for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster allows for two guests to sit side-by-side in each row. Each guest also has their own over-the-head harness for safety, which rests on the shoulders and the waist.
Is It Kid-Friendly?
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster is one of the bigger thrill rides at Disney World. It goest from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds, has two loops and one corkscrew. The coaster also is indoors and in the dark. It’s fast and intense. Your little one may want to try an easier coaster first. We have a full guide on other things that might scare little ones at WDW.
Your photo is taken on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. The camera goes off right after the limo launches, so be ready!
Keep in mind that when you ride with a MagicBand and a linked Memory Maker entitlement, your photo will automatically be uploaded to your My Disney Experience account. The same can be said if you’re a WDW Annual Passholder.
Watch and see how fast you go on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster (and jam to some Aerosmith tunes).
Other Fun Details
- Easter Eggs: One of the best Easter Eggs for Rock ‘n’ Roller coaster has to do with the license plates. If you know the code, you’ll also be able to tell which song(s) will play during your ride. Here’s the key:
— 1QKLIMO: “Nine Lives”
— 2FAST4U: “Sweet Emotion”
— BUHBYE: “Young Lust”; “F.I.N.E.”; “Love in an Elevator”
— H8TRFFC: “Back in the Saddle”; “Dude Looks Like a Lady”
— UGOBABE: “Love in an Elevator” (Rollercoaster); “Walk This Way”
- Play Disney Parks: N/A
- Movie Connections: There aren’t any movie connections to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Opening Memorial Day Weekend
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Will Pause Its Virtual Queue
- Expedition Everest Reopening In April, Will Be Added To Genie+
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure At Epcot Dropping Virtual Queue In January
- Disneyland Testing Hybrid Standby & Virtual Queue For Rise Of The Resistance