(Article last updated: June 23, 2017)
The Food and Wine Festival is held at Epcot every fall for several weeks and includes special events, food booths where you can sample items from various countries, celebrity chefs and more.
Here's an overview of the festival and how you can plan your time there.
In this article
When is Food and Wine?
Although this event has always started in September and ended in November, Disney has extended the time span in recent years.
In 2017, the Food and Wine Festival will be held August 31 through November 13.
What takes place at the Food and Wine Festival?
In 2017, there will be a record number of 35 food booths sprinkled throughout the World Showcase which allow you to sample many foods from various countries (there's a free passport available that you can apply stickers to as you visit the various booths). You can read all about the booths and see the menus on the Disney Food Blog Food and Wine menu and booth index.
The appetizer-sized portions available at the booths usually range in price from $4.00 - $8.00 (with drinks ranging from $3-$6), and Disney Dining Plan credits can be used for many items.
Eat to the Beat concerts
Throughout F&W, musical acts from my childhood the 80s and 90s perform at the America Gardens Theater, a stage located in the American Adventure section of the World Showcase. These concerts take place 3 times per evening (at 5:30pm, 6:45pm, and 8:00pm) and don't cost any extra.
This is the concert lineup for 2017:
- Aug. 31-Sept. 1 - Delta Rae “Bottom of the River”
- Sept. 2-3 - The Hooters NEW! “And We Danced”
- Sept. 4-5 - Baha Men NEW! “Who Let the Dogs Out”
- Sept. 6-7 - Fuel “Shimmer”
- Sept. 8-10 - STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
- Sept. 11-12 - Lauren Alaina NEW! “Road Less Traveled”
- Sept. 13-15 - Plain White T’s “Hey There Delilah”
- Sept. 16-17 - Sister Hazel “All For You”
- Sept. 18-20 - Air Supply “All Out of Love”
- Sept. 21-22 - David Cook “Light On”
- Sept. 23-24 - Everclear “Santa Monica”
- Sept. 25-27 - Sugar Ray “Every Morning”
- Sept. 28-29 - 38 Special “Hold On Loosely”
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1 - Mark Wills NEW! “19 Somethin’”
- Oct. 2-3 - American Authors NEW! “Best Day of My Life”
- Oct. 4-5 - Christopher Cross “Sailing”
- Oct. 6-8 - Devon Allman NEW! “Ragged and Dirty”
- Oct. 9-11 - Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX “Come Sail Away”
- Oct. 12-13 - Taylor Dayne “Tell It to My Heart”
- Oct. 14-15 - Jeffrey Osborne “On the Wings of Love”
- Oct. 16-17 - Postmodern Jukebox NEW! Various Hits
- Oct. 18-20 - 10,000 Maniacs NEW! “Because the Night”
- Oct. 21-22 - Toad The Wet Sprocket “Walk on the Ocean”
- Oct. 23-24 - Kenny G NEW! “Songbird”
- Oct. 25-26 - Billy Ocean “Get Outta My Dreams”
- Oct. 27-29 - Tiffany “I Think We’re Alone Now”
- Oct. 30-Nov. 1 - Hanson “MMMBop”
- Nov. 2-3 - Blue October NEW! “Into the Ocean”
- Nov. 4-5 - Living Colour “Cult of Personality”
- Nov. 6-8 - Boyz II Men “End of the Road”
- Nov. 9-11 - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy “Go Daddy-O”
- Nov. 12-13 - Squeeze NEW! “Black Coffee in Bed”
Disney will offer an Eat to the Best Concert Series Dinner Package in 2017 as well. Basically, you could pick 1 of several places to dine before the concert, and then get an appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink (or 1 buffet) as your meal. Afterward, you'd get a guaranteed seat for the Eat to the Beat concert that night. These packages can be booked online beginning July 2017.
Free or cheap events/activities
These are items that are available during F&W that don't cost anything/much extra.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak Scavenger Hunt - special maps and stickers will be available to use as you make your way through the World Showcase looking for hidden statues of Remy
- Chase Lounge - Chase cardholders will have access to this private area to relax with complimentary refreshments
There are a few premium offerings (translation: they cost extra money) during this event. Tickets for 2016 went on sale on July 21, 2016, by calling 407-WDW-FEST.
These were the options in 2016:
- Party for the Senses
- Grand Floridian Brunch with a Twist
- Culinary Adventures with a Master Chef
- Behind the Scenes at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto
- The Secret of Flavor
- Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! Hands-On Workshops
Get details on each event (including dates and prices) in the Disney Food Blog Food and Wine event overview.
Celebrity chefs appear during the festival at demonstrations and special events. In 2016, the list of chefs included Cat Cora, Norman Van Aken, Masaharu Morimoto, Elizabeth Falkner, Buddy Valastro, and Jamie Deen.
The festival center is located in Future World near Mission: Space and Ellen's Energy Adventure, and it features some experiences and opportunities for shopping.
You can see the full list of welcome center events in the Disney Food Blog Food and Wine seminar overview.
Planning your time at the Food and Wine Festival
When to go
Though the Food and Wine Festival takes place 7 days a week during the festival dates, the weekends are when it gets really busy due to the influx of locals who come to enjoy it. For that reason, I would choose a date Monday - Thursday if you can.
A touring plan
If you have 1 day at Epcot, I'd spend the first part of the day in Future World using Epcot touring plans to ride rides, and then use the last part of the day for Food and Wine Festival activities.
Here's what I'd do for Food and Wine, beginning in early afternoon:
- Visit the Festival Center to browse merchandise and enjoy various demonstrations/events that are held in the afternoon
- Pick up a festival passport so you can apply stickers as you work through the World Showcase
- Stop by kiosks, enjoying various food and drinks (my preference is to visit the food booths that don't have a permanent presence in the World Showcase)
- Attend 1 of the Eat to the Beat concerts at 5:30pm, 6:45pm, or 8:00pm
- On your way out of Epcot, stop by the Festival Center to pick up any merchandise or wines that you'd like to take home with you
Get the map!
2017 map will be posted when it's available. This was the 2016 Food and Wine Festival map (PDF)
Need more details and info?
You can order the Disney Food Blog bundle to the 2017 Food and Wine Festival for $24.95.
Disclosure: I get a commission on sales of DFB guides.
Will you be attending the Food and Wine Festival? (I will!)
Do you have questions or comments to add? Feel free to share in the comments.