Formerly known as "Holidays around the World," the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays runs from November 29 - December 30 in 2019. Like other festivals at Epcot, it is included with the price of your admission.
During the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays you can expect to find seasonal entertainment, festive foods, fun merchandise (and a dash of magic!).
Ready to learn more? Check out our overview below!
Probably the most well known piece of the Festival of Holidays, the Candlelight Processional is one of those traditions that many families return to see year-after-year.
You'll find the Candlelight Processional in the outdoor American Gardens Theater, which is located in the American section of the World Showcase.
There, celebrity narrators read a presentation of the Christmas Story while joined by a huge choir and fantastic 50-piece orchestra.
Trust us: the entire thing is quite moving.
This 40 minute show takes place 3 times a day (5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m) and in 2019, you can see the Candlelight Processional from November 29 through December 30th.
There is no cost to attend, although it is very popular so securing a seat can be a challenge.
Our favorite way to guarantee a seat is to book a Candlelight Processional Dining Package.
A Candlelight Processional Dining Package pairs a meal with a ticket for a seat at the Candlelight Processional.
Without a ticket, your only option to see the Candlelight Processional is to try for a standby seat, which for some performers can mean standing in line for 2 hours (or more).
And for the busiest times of the year (or the most popular narrators like Neil Patrick Harris), since your seat isn't assigned with the dining package, you'll still want to get there early.
45 minutes ahead of the performance is generally fine (except for NPH; you'll want to get there earlier for him!), unless you are extra particular about your seat.
Here are the restaurants and meal services available:
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner:
- Ale and Compass (Yacht Club)
- The Garden Grill Restaurant (The Land pavilion)
- Trattoria Al Forno (Boardwalk)
Lunch and dinner:
- Biergarten Restaurant (Germany pavilion)
- Chefs de France (France pavilion)
- Coral Reef Restaurant (The Seas pavilion)
- Nine Dragons Restaurant (China pavilion)
- Restaurant Marrakesh and Spice Road Table (Morocco pavilion)
- Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room (United Kingdom pavilion)
- San Angel Inn Restaurante (Mexico pavilion)
- Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining (Japan pavilion)
- Tutto Italia Ristorante & Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria (Italy pavilion)
- La Hacienda de San Angel (Mexico pavilion)
Prices will vary (depending on the restaurant) but in 2019 the Candlelight Processional Dining Packages prices start at:
- Breakfast: $40 adults / $23 kids (plus tax)
- Lunch: $52 adults / $16.99 kids (plus tax)
- Dinner: $57.50 adults/ $24 kids (plus tax)
For that price you will receive:
- Meal with appetizer (for lunch and dinner), entree, dessert, non-alcoholic beverage (or, if the meal is a buffet, you get 1 buffet meal)
- Reserved section (but not assigned seats!) to sit in during Candlelight Processional
- People using the Disney Dining Plan can use 2 Table Service credits to pay for the package.
Here is the list of narrators for the 2019 Candlelight Processionals.
- 11/29-12/1 - Ming-Na Wen
- 12/2-12/5 - Neil Patrick Harris
- 12/6-12/7 - Whoopi Goldberg
- 12/8-12/10 - Isabella Rossellini
- 12/11-12/12 - Alton Fitzgerald White
- 12/13-12/15 - Gary Sinise
- 12/16-12/18 - Pat Sajak
- 12/19-12/21 - Geena Davis
- 12/22-12/24 - Steven Curtis Chapman
- 12/25-12/26 - Edward James Olmos
- 12/27-12/28 - Marlee Matlin
- 12/29-12/30 - Lisa Ling
For reference, bookings for 2019 Candlelight Processional Dining Packages began on July 3 and the best reservations do go fast, but people cancel reservations all the time, so don't give up.
Flexibility and perseverance are key.
Reservations for the Candlelight Processional Dining Packages can be made on the Disney World website or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
Take a look at a sampling of a show that was hosted by my pretend BFF, Neil Patrick Harris, who normally narrates CP for a couple of nights.
For most people, a trip to Epcot and the Festival of the Holidays isn't complete without sampling food and drink from around the World Showcase.
And, just like the other festivals at Epcot, the International Festival of the Holidays also serves up sweet and savory treats (and beverages) in kiosks scattered throughout the World Showcase section of the park:
- Feast of the Three Kings (near the Mexico Pavilion)
- Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen (in the Mexico Pavilion)
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen (in the Germany Pavilion)
- American Holiday Table (in the American Adventure Pavilion)
- L'Chaim! Holiday Kitchen (between the Morocco and France Pavilions)
- Refreshment Port (near the Canada Pavilion)
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen (in the Canada Pavilion)
- Holiday Sweets & Treats (at Promenade Refreshments)
- Le Marché de Noël Holiday Kitchen (in the France Pavilion)
- Sapphire Holiday Kitchen (in the Morocco Pavilion)
- Tuscany Holiday Kitchen (in the Italy Pavilion)
- Shanghai Holiday Kitchen (in the China Pavilion)
- Shi Wasu Holiday Kitchen (in the Japan Pavilion)
Each booth and kiosk will have different food and beverage items representative of the countries of the World Showcase, and since portion sizes are small, you can easily try a variety without getting too full.
Prices for items vary, and some options are even available as a Snack Credit on the Disney Dining Plan.
You can read all about the booths and see the menus on the Disney Food Blog Festival of the Holidays menu and booth index.
Chip and Dale's Christmas Tree Spree
Chip and Dale's Christmas Tree Spree invites guests to search out special ornaments as they traverse the World Showcase.
To participate, guests simply need to pick up a map (available from many of the shops in Epcot, including Pin Central, Disney Traders, and World Traveler, for $6.99) and then keep their eyes open for the ornaments.
Once spotted, there are special stickers you can add to your map. After complete you can take your map to Disney Traders or World Traveler to exchange it for a special holiday-themed surprise!
Holiday Cookie Stroll
This fun addition from 2018 is making a return for 2019.
The Holiday Cooke Stroll invites guests to the Festival of Holidays to try tasty cookies from around the World Showcase.
Cookies are available to purchase at specific "Cookie Stroll" locations and with every cookie you try you'll be given a stamp.
Collect 5 stamps before the Festival of the Holidays ends and you'll receive a complimentary cookie.
Special entertainment during Festival of the Holidays at Epcot
Joyful! A Celebration of the Season
Located at Showcase Plaza (check the Times Guide for performance times), celebrate Kwanzaa and Christmas through spectacular Gospel and R&B vocals
Voices of Liberty
The popular a cappella group becomes the "Dickens Carolers" and can seen daily performing charming holiday melodies. Check the Times Guide for performance times.
Living with the Land: Merry and Bright Nights
When the sun has set, take a fantastical journey through this fan-favorite all decked out for the holidays with lights galore!
World Showcase Storytellers
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the nations of World Showcase, as each country’s holiday heritage comes to life amid joyful music and time-honored traditions.
Tip: Keep an eye out for the "Epcot SCROLLS" that tell the story of each country's holiday traditions.
- Mexico: Las Posadas Celebration - Feliz Navidad! Join the fun and pageantry of Las Posadas with dancers, piñatas and the music of Mariachi Cobre
- Norway: A Mischievous Magical Barn Santa - Celebrate the season with laughter as a mischievous Barn Santa visits Sigrid, an unsuspecting Christmas storyteller
- China: Chinese Lion Dancer - Catch a glimpse of this colorful performance that brings good fortune and happiness in the Lunar New Year
- Germany: Chilli Da Mur - NEW! - Join as this accomplished German vocal group celebrates the season with folk music, pop and original songs
- Italy: La Befana - Listen to the tale of La Befana, a kind-hearted witch who visits sleeping children on the eve of the Epiphany
- The American Adventure: Santa and Mrs. Claus - Enjoy a visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, who have slipped away from their workshop at the North Pole to bring good cheer to you this holiday season
- Japan: Daruma Storyteller - Hear the fascinating story of the Daruma doll and the Japanese customs of the New Year!
- Morocco: Festivity in Morocco - Join in as a lively band recreates the fun of street festivals and the holiday season across Morocco
- Between France & Morocco: Hanukkah Storyteller - Join the storyteller Zachary as he shares legends, tells tales and sings songs, highlighting Hanukkah celebrations throughout the world
- France: Père Noël - Visit with Père Noël and rediscover the magic of Christmas through the letter of a delightful child
- United Kingdom: Father Christmas - Join Father Christmas as he rings in the season, sharing the traditions of the United Kingdom and good cheer
- Canada: Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - Explore holiday customs from across the vast regions of Canada on a musical tour of the Great White North
Green Landing - Family Play Zone
If you have a little one that needs to work off some energy, this fun Wall-E and Eve-themed play zone is a great place for that.
You can find this play spot located near the back of Mouse Gear.
Epcot Festival of the Holidays merchandise
Every year it feels like the festival merchandise gets cuter and cuter, and this year is no different.
You can find this cute merchandise at many of the shops located throughout the park.
Love this adorable spirit jersey!
And this hoodie, too - so soft!
You can also find Magic Bands, pins, and this funky purse shaped like a bulb!
There's cute merchandise for you, too!
GET THE MAP!
Here's the map for the 2019 Festival of the Holidays.