The Refreshment Outpost isn’t your typical Food & Wine booth, but we think it is worth the stop.
This is actually a permanent Quick Service spot that you can find in the Africa outpost area between the China and Germany pavilions.
But, just like at every other Epcot festival, during Food & Wine there are exclusive festival menu items sold here in addition to the daily menu which includes things like soft-serve ice cream, frozen drinks, and a range of beers.
This year’s festival items include a plant-based Spicy Githeri with white beans, pigeon peas, quinoa and ancient grains medley, and kachumbari slaw and an all-spice hard cider from 3 Daughters Brewing.
Not only do you get your bang for your buck here, but they both taste fantastic. Two great options!
Here’s everything you need to know about the Refreshment Outpost festival items, including reviews, photos, and our must-trys.
Location: Between the China and Germany pavilions (the Africa outpost)
Nearby booths: Kenya, Germany, The Alps, India, China
Nearby seating areas: Tables by the Outpost, outdoor seating area in the Germany Pavilion
Not to miss: Both the Spicy Githeri and the 3 Daughters Brewing Allspice Hard Cider (great as individual items, but they also pair well together)
Refreshment Outpost Menu
Disney Dining Plan Snack?
Spicy Githeri with White Beans, Pigeon Peas, Ben’s Original Quinoa & Ancient Grains Medley, and Kachumbari Slaw
Made with Alcohol?
3 Daughters Brewing Allspice Hard Cider, St. Petersburg, FL
Photos & Reviews
Githeri is a Kenyan dish traditionally made with corn and beans. This spicy githeri is made with white beans, pigeon peas, Ben’s Original Quinoa & Ancient Grains Medley, and kachumbari slaw.
Special Diets: Plant-based
Shannon: Decent portion, fantastic combo of flavors, great plant-based option.
Heather: I’m gonna call this one a sleeper…lots of flavor, great texture and a huge portion. Win. Win. Win.
Felicia: I don’t love this. It has a nice spice to it but not a flavor I appreciate. It’s also dry and just not for me overall.
Allyson: As a vegetarian, this is fantastic. The flavors are phenomenal and a very good portion.
3 Daughters Brewing Allspice Hard Cider
Allspice Hard Cider is a refreshing hard cider with tastes of the Fall and is brewed by 3 Daughters Brewing of St. Petersburg, FL.
Made with Alcohol?: Yes
Shannon: Very generously sized, light, fantastic allspice flavor.
Heather: So crisp and refreshing. Nice balance between giving you flavor without being over powerful.
Felicia: This has a strong apple flavor, is rather sweet, and finishes with a light spice. I don’t love it but I’m sure it’s good for a cider.
Allyson: So so so so good. I love 3 Daughters and you can’t go wrong with them.
Food & Wine Booth map
Check out all of the booths for the 2021 Food and Wine Festival on the map below, including our favorite overall booths, favorite items at each booth, and locations for indoor seating.
Save to your phone to easily reference later.
Food & Wine Festival Booth links
Ready to explore more Food & Wine Festival booths? Take a look at the links below for menus and reviews.
- Kenya – NEW!
- Lobster Landing – NEW!
- Mac & Eats – NEW!
- The Noodle Exchange – NEW!
- Refreshment Outpost
- Refreshment Port hosted by Boursin® Cheese
- Rotunda Bistro – NEW!
- Shimmering Sips hosted by CORKCICLE®
- The Swanky Saucy Swine – NEW!
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina – NEW!
Food and Wine Festival data
Want to see all our reviews in 1 spot?
Clicking on the link below will allow you to copy our data into a Google Sheet that you can then use for your Food & Wine planning purposes.
Read more about this year’s Food & Wine Festival
Be sure to check out the following links to our Epcot Food and Wine Festival posts, where we provide all kinds of information, tips, and much more.
Here’s everything we’ve put together so far!
- 2021 Food & Wine Festival Map (interactive & with all our favorites)
- Complete Guide to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
- Our favorite Epcot Food & Wine booths
- Best seating areas at Food & Wine (with indoor and outdoor options)
- The best vegetarian options at this year’s Food & Wine Festival
- How we prepared for Epcot Food & Wine 2021
- Best values at Epcot Food and Wine 2021
- Best kid-friendly options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021
- 9 Epcot Food and Wine Tips to Help You Navigate the 2021 Festival
- PODCAST – Our favorite Food & Wine Festival Booths (with daily updates)
- 2021 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Menus Are Here
- 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays Foodie Guide Is Here
- 2021 Taste Of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Menus Are Here
- Passholders Receive Discount At Select Festival Of The Holidays Kitchens
- 2021 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Will Begin In July