Skip to Content

12-year-old Annabel’s big family Universal/Disney World trip – PREP 396

12-year-old Annabel’s big family Universal/Disney World trip – PREP 396

Annabel led the planning and execution of an 8-day Universal Orlando and Walt Disney World trip for 12 people – and she is 12 years old! She walks Shannon through each day of the January trip and shares how she and her family navigated touring with a large group of varying ages and interests.

The Basics

Annabel was the primary planner for her family’s Walt Disney World and Universal Studios trip. The party was family members and included Annabel, her sister, their parents, her cousins, aunt, uncle, and two sets of grandparents.

Their trip was from January 12 through 20 and included time at Universal Studios and Disney World. The whole group has traveled together previously in January of 2020.

One set of grandparents are living in Florida and are joining them for various portions of the trip. The rest of their party is traveling from Pennsylvania. They have the Disney Dining Plan and 6 day park hopper tickets for Walt Disney World.

The whole group will spend their first two nights at Universal at Hard Rock. They moved to Disney after that and they stayed at the Beach Club which is where they stayed last time as well.

Arrival (January 12)

Originally their flight was going to be all together leaving at 6:30 p.m. However, due to bad weather in the Philadelphia area, they opted to move their flight earlier in the day. 

They were through security and had some time to shop and eat before they got on their plane. It was delayed some and they did have to fly through the storm, which wasn’t ideal. 

They landed at 7:20 p.m. in Orlando. They were delayed again and didn’t get to their gate until 7:40 p.m. When they got off the plane, Annabel wasn’t feeling well, so they got their bags at baggage claim.

They took an Uber at 8:30 p.m. and arrived at Hard Rock at 9 p.m. Annabel went immediately to bed. Their rooms were connected on the 5th floor. 

Everyone else went to eat and swim while Annabel rested. Thankfully, Annabel was starting to feel much better and met her family down at the pool. 

They stayed down by the pool until 10 p.m. when it closed. Annabel went back up to her room with her mom and had room service for dinner. Everyone else also went upstairs to bed. 

Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios (January 13)

Annabel’s dad woke up at 5:45 a.m. to get everyone breakfast at Starbucks at the hotel. The last time they all did Universal Studios most of the kids were too young to be into Harry Potter. Annabel went with just a few adults while the rest of their party stayed at Disney. 

This time, the kids were much more excited about Universal, so they stayed at Universal. This was Annabel’s family’s first time staying at a Universal Hotel.

They left their room at 7:10 a.m. and arrived at Islands of Adventure to ropedrop Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. The park opened at 8 a.m. but the gates were opened at 7:50 a.m. 

Everyone went straight to Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. Annabel and her family had the Express Pass but it doesn’t work for Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. They were off of Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure by 8:27 a.m.

It was mixed responses from everyone – some thought it was too fast and too much but some loved it. Their next stop was Jurassic World VelociCoaster. They got in line at 8:40 a.m. but the Express Pass doesn’t open until 9 a.m. Annabel LOVED VelociCoaster and it was well worth the wait. 

They split up so those that didn’t wait held the bags of those who did ride. They left Islands of Adventure and went to Universal Studios. They went back to the Harry Potter area to do the Harry Potter activities in order. 

When they arrived at the Harry Potter area, they went to the wand show and Annabel’s sister was chosen to be in the show, which was really amazing. Her cousins picked out their wands in the shop. 

They wanted to use their interactive wands, but they opted to go to Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts Ride instead before the line got too long. They arrived in line at 10:30 a.m. Annabel’s cousin opted not to ride this one so Annabel and some of her family got to ride a second time thanks to rider swap. 

They split up to do the things they wanted to do. Some of the family got ice cream and some went to use their wands around Harry Potter land. Then they all met up again and got ice cream and butter beer. The ice cream in Diagon Alley was the best ice cream that Annabel has ever had! 

At 11:40 a.m. they split up again to do different rides. They watched a show and then only waited about 10 minutes for Transformers. They all liked this ride but Annabel says if you don’t know Transformers, the plot doesn’t make much sense.  

After that, they went to Race through New York. Everyone thought this ride was interesting but it made everyone motion sick. They got off the ride at 12:30 p.m. and everyone was ready for lunch.

Annabel’s sister wanted to get a churro from every park on their trip and compare them. After getting a churro, they went to Minions Cafe because it was near where they were. A few of them were still in Harry Potter area and ate there.

They did have some trouble ordering through the app but Annabel’s dad and uncle figured it out. Annabel got a noodle bowl and said it was interesting. The winner meal was Chicken Stuart’s Szechuan Surprise and the swiss roll. 

Annabel said the service wasn’t great but the food was cute and really good. They left lunch at 1:15 p.m. and went to see if Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit was open, it had been closed earlier in the day. They enjoyed this ride but they didn’t hear the songs that they chose. 

The express pass was working really well for them. They had their park tickets in a lanyard, which made it really easy. It also gave them the opportunity to walk on every ride. 

Before going to do the rest of the Harry Potter things, they did the Simpsons Ride. They waited over half an hour for the ride and it was very disappointing. 

They groups met back up together at 2:30 p.m. in Simpsons land to walk over the bridge to Harry Potter land together. They all got in line to ride the Hogwarts Express. The line was long, but it was something they all wanted to do.

All of the kids used their wands during this trip. When they got off Hogwarts Express, Annabel and her dad went on Forbidden Journey. No one else wanted to ride because they were worried about motion sickness. 

While she was doing that, everyone else tried to ride Flight of the Hippogriff. The posted wait time was 95 minutes. They assumed it wouldn’t possibly be that long, but they ended up not even riding because the line wasn’t moving at all. 

Annabel’s cousin wanted to ride The Incredible Hulk Coaster so they went over there, but he wasn’t tall enough. He was very upset about this, but he handled it well.

Part of the group went back to the hotel to rest. The rest of the group went to Jurassic World VelociCoaster. It was a longer wait – about 30 minutes. 

When they got off, they used the walking path to go back to their hotel. Annabel says that the rides were amazing but the theming wasn’t as immersive. 

It was too cold to swim, so they rested in the hotel. After resting, they left for their 7:30 p.m. The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium reservation. They were running a bit behind and were given the option to sit inside but wait 30 minutes or sit outside. 

They opted to sit outside but it was pretty chilly. They got chocolate bread and entrees. They shared the ice cream shakes that were like sundaes. The food was pretty good but the restaurant was very busy. 

Half of the group was very tired and went back to the hotel. The other half of the group wanted to see CityWalk so they explored that area before going back to their hotel. 

Move to Disney (January 14)

They woke up before 7 a.m. to get Genie+ and lightning lanes for Epcot that evening. Annabel’s other grandparents would be joining them as well, so there were 12 people total she was planning for. 

For the whole group, it was $420. Annabel’s father helped from his phone, but primarily Annabel is the one booking all of the lightning lanes.

They were also trying to get the virtual queue for Cosmic Rewind. However, they were unable to get a return time and opted to not get the individual lightning lane.

Annabel was able to get a 5:20 p.m. lightning lane for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. They got some breakfast and packed up their rooms. Annabel’s parents weren’t quite ready, so Annabel and her sister went with the rest of the family at 10 a.m. to go in an Uber to Beach Club.

At 11 a.m. Annabel got a lightning lane for Soarin’ but it was at a time they couldn’t make. She continued to modify the time until it was a time they could make.

Everyone arrived to the Beach Club and they checked in. The cast member that helped them check in was Blair and was so incredibly helpful. 

One of their rooms was ready at 11:15 a.m. but when they went to the room, they were unable to open the door. However, they realized they were at the wrong room. They finally got to the correct room, but the room had a queen bed and a pull out couch, which is not what they asked for. 

Eventually it was all sorted out. They were all in different areas, but all on the ground floor. Annabel’s room had two queen beds. They also had a Hey Disney device in their room and loved listening to the soundscapes on it. 

Annabel was able to get a lightning lane for Spaceship Earth but it was too early. She modified that to a time that worked better for them. However, they ended up not using it.

For lunch, they went to the Boardwalk Bakery. They had the dining plan but their trip was the very beginning of the dining plan being back. They had some issues because cast members were still learning how to use it.

They also had gift cards that they could use exclusively for dining. Each room had a $1200 dining gift card to use. They used a gift card for lunch and got sandwiches and pizza.

Grandma went back to the room to rest while everyone else went to play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens. Annabel made a reservation because she’d wanted to play this course on their last trip but they weren’t able to.

Annabel really loved this course. When they were done they went back to their rooms and changed their clothes because they were really wet. They got their refillable cups and went right to Epcot. 

When they scanned in at Epcot, a couple people in their party didn’t have their tickets linked, so they had to go to a blue umbrella. That was actually an easy process.

The family met up with Annabel’s other set of grandparents in front of The Land at 5 p.m. They went on Living with the Land together. They really liked this ride and finding the hidden Mickeys.

Annabel and her extended family at Living with the Land

At 5:20 p.m. they went to their lightning lane for Soarin’. Everyone but Annabel’s grandma rode on this so they filled a whole row. It was really nice. Annabel hasn’t seen Soarin’ over California. 

They got off Soarin’ and went immediately to their Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure lightning lane. A few people, including Annabel’s sister, opted not to ride Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. Everyone who did ride it, really liked it.   

Annabel and her sister at Garden Grill

When they got off Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure it was time for their Garden Grill reservation. They arrived at 6:40 p.m. for their 6:50 p.m. They were seated in separate areas of the restaurant. Annabel’s group wasn’t seated until 7:15 p.m. but the rest of the group was seated much quicker.

They really liked that the restaurant rotates and you can see Living with the Land. They also had incredible character interactions. They liked the mac and cheese and steak especially. 

After dinner, they got a spot on the bridge in France to see the fireworks. They enjoyed the fireworks but Annabel wished there was more Disney represented.

They picked up breakfast that night because they had an early morning the next morning. They got in bed around 10:30 p.m.

Animal Kingdom (January 15)

They woke up at 6 a.m. to get Genie+ and lightning lanes. They got an individual lightning lane for Flight of Passage and got a lightning lane for Expedition Everest. They planned to rope drop Kilimanjaro Safaris

By 6:50 a.m. they were ready to go in the lobby. They took two Minnie Vans to Animal Kingdom. Annabel’s driver was Jamie and she was so bubbly even that early in the morning.

They entered Animal Kingdom at 7:15 a.m. and went immediately to Kilimanjaro Safaris. Some of them opted to run over to Expedition Everest to ride before Kilimanjaro Safaris opened at 8:15 a.m. 

Annabel’s sister was a little worried about riding Expedition Everest but they convinced her that she’d like it. Unfortunately she did not and opted not to ride it again. They were able to walk on two times in a row! 

Right at 8 a.m. they went back to Kilimanjaro Safaris but they’d lost their place in line. It started raining but they eventually got on the Kilimanjaro Safaris. The driver was really good and they saw a lot of animal activity. 

They got off the safari at 8:45 a.m. and took a quick break before going to their Flight of Passage individual lightning lane. They got in line at 9 a.m. and only waited about 5 minutes. Unfortunately once they were on the ride vehicle, they were waiting for about 20 minutes because there was a hair stuck in the sensor.  

Their next stop was to use their snack credits at Starbucks. They changed their Expedition Everest lightning lane for the 11 a.m. showing of Festival of the Lion King. This was just so much fun! 

When they got out of the Festival of the Lion King, they took the train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Annabel hadn’t done this since she was little and doesn’t remember it. 

They went to the Animation Experience and painted Dante the dog from Coco. They went to the Affection Section and saw some animals. They didn’t stay too long. They mobile ordered from Harambe Market and took the train back to get their food. 

It was a warmer day but a storm was coming in, so they knew they would need to leave Animal Kingdom before too long. They went to Na’vi River Journey next. Annabel was mesmerized by the animatronic at the end of the ride. 

It was beginning to rain so they decided to leave the park. They took the bus and were back at the Beach Club by 3 p.m. They got snacks and the rain had stopped. 

They decided it was warm enough to go to the pool for a while. It was chilly so they spent most of their time in the hot tub. They had a dinner reservation at Raglan Road so at 5:30 p.m. they get out of the pool and got ready for dinner.

At 6:35 p.m. their cars arrives to take them to Disney Springs. They took their Ubers to Disney Springs. Annabel’s cousin is a huge fan of Stitch and wanted all of the Stitch merchandise. She was on the look out for Stitch Ears. 

After doing some shopping, they all went to Raglan Road. Their party included both sets of grandparents so they were up to 12. The tables were very far apart and one table was right in the front close to all of the entertainment. The other table was blocked by a column and was all the way in the back. 

Annabel was very disappointed that she was seated at the table all the way in the back. Annabel didn’t enjoy her Shepherd’s Pie but everyone else enjoyed their meals. The night turned around when the kids were able to switch and move toward the entertainment. 

When they left dinner, they went over to Gideon’s and there was almost no wait at all. They were a little weirded out by the photos in Gideon’s but the cookies were delicious. They took Ubers back to the Beach Club and got in bed at 11:30 p.m. It was a long day! 

Magic Kingdom (January 16)

Annabel and her dad were up at 6:45 a.m. to get Lightning Lanes. Their priorities were TRON and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. At 7 a.m. they got lightning lanes for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Peter Pan’s Flight. They also got a Lightning Lane for TRON. 

They stopped for breakfast at the Marketplace. Annabel and her sister went to pick up their cousins and they recreated a photo from 2020. The adults met the kids in the lobby and they got on a bus to the Magic Kingdom. 

Annabel and her extended family at the Magic Kingdom

They arrived around 9 a.m. and took photos at the castle. Their first stop was to go to it’s a small world. The posted wait time was 10 minutes but they had no wait at all. They went over to Haunted Mansion but the line looked really long so they went to Pirates of the Caribbean

They got on at 9:55 a.m. and were off by 10:15 a.m. Everyone in their party went on Pirates of the Caribbean. After they went to Pirates of the Caribbean, they realized that they individual lightning lane for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train conflicted with their dessert party reservations. They ended up moving it to after the fireworks. 

Annabel, her sister, and cousins in front of the train station

Annabel also moved their TRON reservation when they took Annabel’s mom off their party. Several folks opted not to ride TRON. Those that rode on TRON really enjoyed it. They got off TRON at 11:07 a.m. and they had an Ohana reservation at 11:30 a.m.

They took the monorail to the Polynesian and arrived just in time for their Ohana reservation. Annabel’s cousin was able to get her Stitch ears just before their reservation, so it was a wonderful time! She was so excited to meet Stitch! 

Annabel's cousin meets Stitch

This experience was the highlight of Annabel’s cousin’s trip. She just loved it. They did some shopping after their meal before taking the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom. They arrived at 1:40 p.m.  in time for their Lightning Lane for Peter Pan’s Flight

It started raining, so they put on their ponchos before getting in line for Peter Pan’s Flight. Unfortunately it broke down right as they were getting on and again right as they were getting off. 

After Peter Pan’s Flight they went over to Space Mountain. A few folks opted not to ride, but everyone else scanned in at 2:40 p.m. and were off by 2:50 p.m. 

They’d done most of the rides they wanted to do so they waited for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor next. They were out by 3:25 p.m. and took some photos.

Their next stop was Carousel of Progress. After that, they changed their Jungle Cruise lightning lane for an Under The Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid lightning lane. At 4:35 p.m. they went to Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. Unfortunately this one also broke down. 

They got dinner at Cosmic Ray’s for dinner before their dessert party. Annabel’s parents got dinner from Casey’s Corner. They had some time before they needed to check in for their dessert party, so they went to Tomorrowland Speedway

They’d never been on Tomorrowland Speedway, so they wanted to try it. The posted wait time was 5 minutes but they waited about 15 minutes. 

They split up after Tomorrowland Speedway. Some just relaxed while others shopped. Annabel and her family went to take photos by the castle before splitting up. Annabel and her dad went to the Swiss Family Treehouse

They went to the dessert party. There were several desserts that they all really liked. They enjoyed just relaxing and chatting. They got to their viewing spot at 7:45 p.m. and waited for the fireworks. 

While they waited, it started to rain. They put on their ponchos and thankfully the rain stopped shortly before 8 p.m. Annabel says that the fireworks were much better than Epcot. 

Following the fireworks they had lightning lanes for Haunted Mansion and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. They got some magic shots taken before Haunted Mansion. Annabel says Haunted Mansion isn’t her favorite. 

Annabel and her sister with lantern

They went from Haunted Mansion to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. They scanned in at 9 p.m. and everything was great until they got to the big hill. They were stuck for 3 minutes. They really liked the ride, it is one of their favorites. However, being stuck on the ride wasn’t fun. 

When they got off of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Annabel’s grandparents went back to the hotel. They waited a bit for some magic shots. They got some amazing photos that Annabel’s mom was really excited about. 

Annabel and her sister in front of the castle at night

They took a few more photos on the way out of the park before taking the bus back to their resort. They were in bed by 11:30 p.m.  

Hollywood Studios (January 17)

Annabel woke up at 6:45 a.m. to get lightning lanes. They got Rise of the Resistance but they had trouble getting a lightning lane for Slinky Dog Dash. Annabel had trouble selecting the people from her party that she wanted to get lightning lanes. 

By the time she was able to get the Slinky Dog Dash lightning lane, it was pushed out too late in the day. Annabel didn’t want to rope-drop Slinky Dog Dash because she knew that the line would be really long.

Some of Annabel’s family opted to go to Hollywood Studios early while the rest stayed back to sleep. They met at 7:55 a.m. and walked to Hollywood Studios. They arrived around 8:30 a.m. and went right to Smuggler’s Run.

They passed a very long line at Rise of the Resistance. The posted wait for Smuggler’s Run was about 10 minutes. This was everyone’s first time on this ride except for Annabel and her dad so it was a big priority. 

When they got off Smuggler’s Run they took some photopass photos in Galaxy’s Edge. Their next stop was Star Tours because they wanted to do rides that the rest of the group wouldn’t want to do. There wasn’t a wait at all and they were on and off quickly.

Annabel’s cousin got a churro while they waited for the rest of the family to join them. They also got to meet Goofy right outside of Galaxy’s Edge. 

When the rest of the family arrived, they went to Rise of the Resistance to use their lightning lane. They scanned in and went right through. Thankfully it didn’t break down while they were on the ride. They were off the ride at 10:20 a.m. 

Everyone walked around Galaxy’s Edge and saw some of the characters walking around. They got some blue and green milk. Annabel liked the blue milk better because it is fruity.

At 11:15 a.m. they were in line for Muppet*Vision 3D. They were out by 11:50 a.m. The theater was very crowded and almost full. They were hungry for lunch so they got food at ABC Commissary. Annabel really enjoyed this experience. 

After lunch it was time for their lightning lane for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. This was the first time for everyone. They all really loved it but it did break down while they were on the ride. They were stuck in one section for 7 minutes. 

They went to Indiana Jones next because there was a show starting immediately. Annabel said this show was awesome. Their next stop was to meet BB8. They waited about 20-25 minutes. They waited even longer to meet Darth Vader next. 

Annabel and her family at Darth Vader

The remote photos weren’t a win for Annabel’s family. They got a lot of photos, but they didn’t get photos of what they really wanted. It wasn’t very efficient. 

They walked to Toy Story Land and waited for the time to go to their Toy Story Mania lightning lane. As soon as it was time, they went and got in line. Annabel’s grandma really loves this ride. They were off by 3:45 p.m. 

As they were leaving the ride, Annabel’s mom realized she lost her magic band. Everyone else waited for her as she went to the ride to see if she could find her magic band. She wasn’t able to find it, but she did fill out a form.

Annabel’s mom, grandpa, and sister took the ferry back to the Beach Club while everyone else used their Slinky Dog Dash lightning lane at 4:15 p.m. Annabel’s cousin really loved Slinky Dog Dash and said it was even better than Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

At 5 p.m. the group split up. Some of the group went back to the resort. Annabel’s aunt and uncle took her cousin to pick up a droid. Annabel and her dad went to Starbucks and got a carrot cake pastry. Annabel says it was just okay. 

Annabel and her dad went to the Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage. Annabel really liked this because she has an interest in musicals. At 5:30 p.m. they met up with the rest of the family that wanted to ride Tower of Terror

Annabel was a little scared about this ride, even though this was the 3rd time on it. After Tower of Terror, they walked back to the resort. Annabel’s dad didn’t want to wait for the boat, so they walked.

Everyone changed and got ready for their dinner reservation at Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. They took Ubers to Fort Wilderness. When they arrived, they took a bus to Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

They arrived at Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at 8:30 p.m. just in time for their reservation. They were on the floor in the middle of the action. This was everyone’s first time and everyone loved it! 

They got back to the Beach Club at 11:10 p.m.

Epcot (January 18)

They woke up at 6:45 a.m. with the priority of getting Cosmic Rewind. They got an Individual Lightning Lane for Cosmic Rewind and a lightning lane for Frozen Ever After. After getting lightning lanes, Annabel went back to sleep. 

They met up and walked over to Epcot, arriving at 10:15 a.m. They took some photos and made their way around the World Showcase to Norway for their Frozen Ever After lightning lane. 

Annabel and her family at Festival of the Arts

They went immediately to Cosmic Rewind for their individual lightning lane. Annabel says it is hands down the best roller coaster at Disney World. (Currently because Rock N Roller Coaster is down) Their song was Disco Inferno. 

Their next stop was their dining reservation at Space220. While they were on their way in, they saw Donna Kelce waiting to get into the lounge. Some of them had been before and wanted to have the experience again.

Annabel’s family used their gift cards for this meal. They enjoyed the food but especially enjoyed the space elevator! 

After their meal, they went to Spaceship Earth. Unfortunately, it broke down and stopped several times, including one time for 20 minutes! 

Everyone met up at the Creations shop. They got some shopping done before going to Club Cool. Royal was the favorite of the group. Annabel really liked the Sprite Cucumber from Russia. 

At 3:50 p.m. they went to Deconstructed Dish and got the Key Lime Pie. Everyone loved it. Their next stop was Journey of Water. Everyone loved it and especially enjoyed the wall of water.

They had a lightning lane for Turtle Talk with Crush. This is one of their favorites. Annabel and her cousin both got to ask Crush a question. After that, they went on the Seas with Nemo and Friends. This isn’t their favorite but they were there, so they rode it.

They got off and Annabel’s mom got a text that her magic band had been found. She went to Hollywood Studios to retrieve it. 

They split up and some stayed at the aquarium while the rest went to their lightning lane for Test Track. It didn’t break down but it was raining so when they went outside it was very wet. 

Everyone was hungry so they decided to eat around the world. They started with the rainbow cake – started with dessert! Annabel’s cousin got her churro. 

They continued walking around the world, trying different food. It was raining so they were wearing their ponchos. After their food, they went to Cosmic Rewind again. They booked everyone who didn’t ride earlier and switched magic bands to ride again. 

They got off Cosmic Rewind at 8:15 p.m. They really loved it. Some of the group went shopping while others did some magic shots. They got some more food and wanted to ride Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure during the fireworks. However, the ride shut down so they opted to leave the park. 

They were in bed by 10:30 p.m. 

Magic Kingdom (January 19)

Annabel woke up at 6:45 a.m. and went to the lobby to do the lightning lanes. They got Individual lightning lanes for TRON and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. They also got a lightning lane for Jungle Cruise.

After getting their lightning lanes, Annabell and her dad got breakfast and went back to their room. They met up with the family at 8:30 a.m. and were on a bus to the Magic Kingdom by 8:45 a.m. 

By 9:05 a.m. they were entering the Magic Kingdom. Their first stop was to get Cheshire Cat Tails – they really liked them. After that, they went on Barnstormer before their individual lightning lane for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 10 a.m. Thankfully it didn’t stop! 

They saw the Step Sisters wandering around, which was fun. They went on the PeopleMover next but found out that TRON was currently down. Their lightning lane was converted to be used anytime on TRON

On their way to Adventureland, they saw Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire. There was still a little time before their Jungle Cruise lightning lane so they did the Tiki Room first. 

It was time for their Jungle Cruise and they got Rachyl as their skipper. She was great. Annabel wanted to find Club 33 in Adventureland after they got off. She finally found it! 

They had a 12:45 p.m. reservation at Skipper Canteen. They were seated about 5 minutes after their reservation and had two tables in two separate sections. Everyone enjoyed the Brazilian cheese bread appetizer.

They split up after that and some of the group went to Tom Sawyer Island while the other went to their TRON lightning lane. Annabel really loves this ride. They were off of TRON by 2:55 p.m. 

Their next stop was to go to their lightning lane for Space Mountain. They were in line at 3:10 p.m. When they were done with Space Mountain, they got some Mickey bars, did some shopping, got photos in front of the castle before leaving Magic Kingdom.

Annabel and her family in front of the castle at night

They went back to the resort and spent the evening at the pool, which was really nice. They got dinner at the pool and spent the evening there. At 9 p.m. they went back up to their rooms to pack up. 

After saying goodbye to the cousins who were leaving in the morning, everyone went to bed.

Departure (January 20)

Annabel and her family got up at 8:30 a.m., mobile ordered breakfast, and packed up. They were out of their room by 11 a.m. 

Annabel’s grandparents picked them up to have lunch at Disney Springs. It was Annabel’s grandpa’s birthday. Their first stop at Disney Springs was World of Disney. 

At 12:45 p.m. they went to Wine Bar George for lunch. It was a nice lunch but definitely wasn’t Disney, which was sad.

Annabel and her family left Disney Springs and went straight to the airport. They were on the plan right on time at 5:10 p.m. Thankfully the flight wasn’t turbulent this time, which was nice. 

They landed at 8 p.m. and got their luggage. Unfortunately, their battery was dead when they got home.

Get a Quote for:


Leave me a message(including trip report submissions)

Please use the SpeakPipe link below to leave us a message with your first name, location, and trip info.

You can do that using your computer or phone at

Subscribe to get new episodes

There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep to Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)

Follow on social media

Become a Patron

Get a quote request for a future trip from Small World Vacations

Podcast Episode Finder

WDW Prep Merch

Visit the site

Things we recommend

Affiliate Links: