Catch up on all the news for the week of November 23, 2018!
- We now have names for the new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attractions.
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run puts guests behind the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy in one of three unique flight crew roles. Check out the video preview – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssgGCjpFP4Q
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance puts guests in the middle of an epic battle between the Resistance and the First Order. Watch the video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSxE-b2YDAQ
- And then a new “Wonderful World of Animation” nighttime show is coming to Hollywood Studios in May 2019. It will “take guests on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation, all beginning with Mickey himself.”
- In fall of 2019, a nighttime show called “Epcot Forever” will begin with a spark of imagination that swells into an epic spectacle of fireworks, music, lighting, lasers, and special effects kites.
- And then in 2020, Epcot Forever will be replaced by a nighttime show focusing on music from around the world. The preview included music from Moana and Hercules.
- A new Beauty and the Beast sing-along will be coming soon to the France pavilion at Epcot.
- And we have a name for the Ratatouille attraction currently under construction: Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
- Updates to both the O Canada! and Reflections of Chinamovies are in the works.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration is coming to Magic Kingdom January 18. This will include Mickey and Minnie meeting in new outfits at Town Square Theater, a guest book for guests to sign, a new song that will play during the Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party, and Pluto greeting guests at Pete’s Silly Sideshow.
- The new resort being built on an island near Wilderness Lodge will be called Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge. It will be a deluxe, nature-inspired resort that will feature more than 900 hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas.
- Reservations for the new Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs Resort open up on November 27.
- The trailer for the new live action Lion King movie (which comes out next summer) was released yesterday. Watch that – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CbLXeGSDxg
- Ralph Breaks the Internet is out in theaters now (it’s fantastic – go see it if you haven’t!). Here’s all of the Ralph and Vanellope you can find at Disney World, including the 1 spot where you can meet them.