One of the highlights at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are all of the unique characters you can see — and meet!
But, Disney doesn’t always make it easy to know who you can find where.
That’s where we come in!
Here’s which characters you can see, and where you can find them at the 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
MVMCP Character Tips
Here are some of our favorite tips for meeting the fun characters at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party:
- Jack and Sally: begin meeting between 4 and 4:30 (can line up as early as 4:00)
- Pooh & Friends: begin meeting around 6:30 (we suggest you line up by 5:30)
- Seven Dwarfs: begin meeting between 6:15 and 7 (start lining up around 5:00)
Important: This only works if you have at least 1 person who isn’t interested in meeting/taking pictures with the characters AND if you are respectful of the people behind you and keep it to 1 meet and greet. Don’t have your group of 6 join you in line and then split up into 6 different meet and greets. That’s really frustrating to the people behind you.
So, for example, let’s say 2 characters meet right next to each other (like Alice and The White Rabbit do next to the Tweedles) — and have 2 separate lines. Have the placeholder person jump in the longest of the 2 lines, and the other group can join them after they finish meeting the character with the shorter line.
MVMCP Character Map
The map Disney hands out at the party marks character locations, but it doesn’t tell you who is located where.
So, to make it easier for you, we’ve added character names to the map below.
Important Note on Wait Times:
The wait times noted below are just averages and are more typical for the beginning of the party. Wait times will drop during the parades, fireworks, and at the end of the evening.
Main Street, U.S.A.
Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws and Sally
Mary Poppins (NEW in 2023)
The Toy Soldiers (NEW in 2023)
Stitch (NEW in 2023)
Peter Pan (RETURNED in 2023)
Captain Jack Sparrow
Aladdin with Abu
Jasmine with Genie
Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen (NEW location in 2023)
Seven Dwarfs (RETURNED in 2023)
Donald and Scrooge McDuck
Daisy and Minnie
Ariel and Prince Eric
Cinderella and Prince Charming
Rapunzel and Flynn Rider
Snow White and The Prince
Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip
Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
Alice and The White Rabbit (NEW in 2023)
Mirabel (NEW in 2023)
Characters at Dance Parties
In addition to being able to meet lots of characters, there are others that you’ll be able to catch at one of several dance parties throughout the park.
You won’t be able to get autographs or take pics with these characters, but you will be able to dance and boogie to your favorite tunes.
All the dance parties happen throughout the event, so they are perfect to pop into when visiting nearby characters.
Character Dance Party at Club Tinsel (NEW location in 2023)
Disney Junior Jingle Jam (NEW location in 2023)
Characters in A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show (not returning In 2023)
This show used to play 5 times nightly for about 20 minutes on the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland (between Space Mountain and The Carousel of Progress) — and featured some fun characters dressed up!
Keep this MVMCP character checklist handy when traveling around the party!
Characters in Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
One last place you can spot characters is in the extremely popular and festive Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.
Shown twice nightly (usually at 8:30 p.m. and 11 p.m.), the parade is loaded with all your favorites.
The parade is divided into separate sections or “units”.
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime parade
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
- The Reindeer Wranglers
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks
In addition, the attractions with special overlays (Tomorrowland Speedway, Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, and Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor) are also usually available.
As for the holiday parade, here’s who you can see:
- The Jingle Crew opens the parade
- Pluto, Peter Pan, Wendy, Donald, Daisy, Pinocchi, Geppetto, Tigger, Pooh, Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Bert — all walking
- Mickey and Minnie on float with Christmas tree
- Olaf on float
- Anna and Kristoff walking with ice harvesters
- Elsa on Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post float
Baking and Gingerbread Section
- Vanellope driving a gingerbread car
- Chip and Dale in baking outfits walking with gingerbread men and bakers
- Clarice on gingerbread house float (NEW in 2023; she replaced Wreck-It-Ralph)
- Clarabelle on gingerbread float
- Candy cane dancers
- Goofy bicycling on a gumball machine float
- Seven dwarfs walking
- Snow White and The Prince on gazebo float
- Cinderella and Prince Charming in her coach
- Ariel and Eric, Tiana and Naveen, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, Belle and the Beast, Jasmine and Aladdin, and Aurora and Prince Phillip, and Fairy Godmother on princess float
- Royal dancers
Santa’s Workshop and Toy Story Section
- Elf on toy horse
- Elves and bears walking with wooden letter blocks and other props
- Green Army men in jeep and walking
- Elves walking with Pixar luxo balls
- Float with Jessie, Bo Peep, Woody, and Bullseye
- Toy soliders marching
- Reindeer prancing
- Santa in his sleigh
Are the Seven Dwarfs meeting at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
Yes! Just like they did for the 2023 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, the Seven Dwarfs are returning for the 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
These are the characters that aren’t returning in 2023:
- Princess Elena
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2024 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Food (exclusive treats, dining options) - November 10, 2023
- Where to find the Characters at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - November 10, 2023
- Gingerbread houses at Disney World for Christmas 2023 (plus resort trees and other decor) - November 3, 2023