Jack and Sally are eerily adorable and super fun, and if you love meeting characters, these two are definitely some you’ll need to add to your bucket list.
The bad news is they don’t meet year-round, but you can meet Jack and Sally at Disney World from about mid-August through mid-December.
Here’s what you need to know…
Get ready to party
This adorable couple from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas are only available to meet during Magic Kingdom’s 2 main parties: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP).
Attending one of the parties is the only way to meet Jack and Sally at Disney World.
Meet Jack and Sally at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is one of the most popular of all the premium events you can attend at Magic Kingdom.
Held several times each week between mid-August and the end of October (and sometimes even until November 1), this fun (and family-friendly) party celebrates all things Halloween, in a not-so-scary way.
The party includes all sorts of cool stuff like special entertainment and firework shows, themed food, trick-or-treating, and even characters you can’t find anywhere else.
All of this comes at a cost, however.
In 2023, ticket prices for MNSSHP range from $109-$199 (plus tax) for adults and $99-$189 (plus tax) for children.
Meet Jack and Sally at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party
From the beginning of November up through the week before Christmas, several times during the week Magic Kingdom is transformed into a holiday wonderland complete with festive decorations, fun seasonal entertainment offerings, exclusive fireworks and stage shows, and even cups of hot cocoa and cookies.
Ticket prices for MVMCP range from $149-$199 (plus tax) for adults and $139-$189 (plus tax) for children.
Just like with the Halloween Party, if you wait to buy your ticket the day of the event you’ll usually pay $10 more per ticket.
Where do Jack and Sally meet?
Jack and Sally greet guests at the front of the park inside Town Square Theater (at the spot where Tink usually meets).
What’s the best time to visit?
Even though the parties don’t start until 7 p.m., your ticket will get you in starting at 4 p.m.
And, although things don’t officially kick off until 7 p.m., the most popular characters (including Jack and Sally) will start meeting earlier.
In Jack and Sally’s case, they typically start meeting around 4:30 p.m.
Line up at 4 p.m.
For the shortest waits, we recommend you line up for them as close to 4 p.m. as you can so that you are at the front of their line.
If you do that, you’ll be able to head over to line up to see another one of the more popular characters (like Elvis Stitch) or line up for party exclusive merchandise before the rest of the party even starts.
That way you can focus the actual party time on some other characters and experiences instead of spending it standing in line.
Try to arrive at the front entrance of Magic Kingdom around 3:00 p.m and jump in the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party entrance line. That should put you at the front of the pack, heading to meet Jack and Sally.
Important note: before you can get in line, you’ll need to make sure you get your party wristband. You can do that at the front of the park (if you are entering around 4 p.m.) or there are wristband stations inside the park where you’ll be able to get one.
Line up at 11 p.m.
If, by chance, you can’t get there to hop in line right at 4 p.m., your next best option is to hop in line towards the end of the night.
Because the line can get cut off before the party ends, we don’t recommend you wait until any later than about 11:00 p.m. to do that. Expect your wait around that time to be about 1 to 2 hours.
Because the line for these characters can be so long (which eats up valuable party time), we don’t recommend you line up outside the recommend times above.
Do Jack and Sally sign autographs?
Jack and Sally are too busy entertaining guests to sign autographs BUT they do hand out pre-signed cards to guests after you meet them.
Plan to try to meet the Seven Dwarfs and Jack and Sally in one night?
If your plan is to meet both Jack and Sally and the Seven Dwarfs, you’ll need to be more strategic, and you’ll probably need to make some sacrifices and plan to spend some time in line.
Here are some ways to do that:
Getting your wristband at the entrance (Meet Jack and Sally First – recommended)
- Arrive to the front entrance of Magic Kingdom around 3:00 p.m and jump in the party entrance line. That should put you at the front of the pack, heading to meet Jack and Sally.
- Get your wristband right at 4:00 and head directly to Town Square Theater.
- Jack and Sally begin meeting at 4:30. If you are towards the front of the pack, you should be done by 5:00.
- After you are done meeting Jack and Sally, head directly to Storybook Circus and line up for the Seven Dwarfs. You’ll likely have a bit of a wait, but you should be close to being done by the time the party officially kicks off at 7:00 p.m.
Getting your wristband in Fantasyland (Meet Seven Dwarfs first)
- Line up for a wristband at the PhilharMagic wristband location around 3:30-3:45.
- Option 1:
- Head over to Pete’s Silly Side Show to line up for the Seven Dwarfs. Keep in mind that they do not start meeting here until 6:15, and you will need to wait outside in the elements until they let people in (which may not be until 6:15). If you do this, you’ll be at the front of the line to meet the Seven Dwarfs
- Option 2:
- Ride nearby rides until about 4:45-5:00 p.m., and then go and jump in line for the Seven Dwarfs. You’ll have a longer wait for the Dwarfs, but part of that wait should be inside in the air conditioning.
- Get in line for Jack and Sally no later than 11:00 p.m.
Note: Seven Dwarfs returned in 2023 to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. It’s unclear if they will also return to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP). We will let you know once we learn more.
Tips for meeting Jack and Sally
- Do you consider yourself a huge fan? Don’t be afraid to dress up! Here are some costume tips to help you with that.
- The interactions here are especially fun, so consider asking the Cast Member stationed there to capture video of it on your phone while the PhotoPass photographer takes the still photos.
- If you don’t have Memory Maker you can purchase Memory Maker One Day which will let you download and save all of your party pics.
- Get nervous meeting characters? Here are some things you can talk about:
- ask Jack if he’s got any plans for Halloween or Christmas this year
- ask Sally if she has any advice for growing Nightshade
- ask Sally for her Worm Wort Soup recipe
- ask Jack about Zero
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2024 Guide to Easter at Disney World - February 23, 2024
- How to Ship a Package to Your Disney World Resort (w/ Addresses) - February 21, 2024
- 2024 Kids Guide to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - February 20, 2024