Jack and Sally are eerily adorable and super fun, and if you love meeting characters, these two are definitely some you’ll need to add to your bucket list.
The bad news is they don’t meet year-round, but you can meet Jack and Sally at Disney World from about mid-August through mid-December.
Here’s what you need to know…
Get ready to party
This adorable couple from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas are only available to meet during Magic Kingdom’s 2 main parties: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP).
Attending one of the parties is the only way to meet Jack and Sally at Disney World.
Meet Jack and Sally at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is one of the most popular of all the premium events you can attend at Magic Kingdom.
Held several times each week between mid-August and the end of October (and sometimes even until November 1), this fun (and family-friendly) party celebrates all things Halloween, in a not-so-scary way.
The party includes all sorts of cool stuff like special entertainment and firework shows, themed food, trick-or-treating, and even characters you can’t find anywhere else.
All of this comes at a cost, however.
In 2022, advanced ticket prices for MNSSHP started at $109 and went all the way up to $199 depending on the day. Stay tuned for 2023 prices.
Meet Jack and Sally at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party
From the beginning of November up through the week before Christmas, several times during the week Magic Kingdom is transformed into a holiday wonderland complete with festive decorations, fun seasonal entertainment offerings, exclusive fireworks and stage shows, and even cups of hot cocoa and cookies.
In 2022, tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party started at $149 and went up to $199 per ticket. Stay tuned for 2023 prices.
Just like with the Halloween Party, if you wait to buy your ticket the day of the event you’ll usually pay $10 more per ticket.
Where do Jack and Sally meet?
Jack and Sally greet guests at the front of the park inside Town Square Theater (at the spot where Tink usually meets).
What’s the best time to visit?
Even though the parties don’t start until 7 p.m., your ticket will get you in starting at 4 p.m.
And, although things don’t officially kick off until 7 p.m., the most popular characters (including Jack and Sally) will start meeting earlier.
In Jack and Sally’s case, they typically start meeting around 4:30 p.m.
Line up at 4 p.m.
For the shortest waits, we recommend you line up for them as close to 4 p.m. as you can so that you are at the front of their line.
If you do that, you’ll be able to head over to line up to see another one of the more popular characters (like Elvis Stitch) or line up for party exclusive merchandise before the rest of the party even starts.
That way you can focus the actual party time on some other characters and experiences instead of spending it standing in line.
Important note: before you can get in line, you’ll need to make sure you get your party wristband. You can do that at the front of the park (if you are entering around 4 p.m.) or there are wristband stations inside the park where you’ll be able to get one.
Line up at 11 p.m.
If, by chance, you can’t get there to hop in line right at 4 p.m., your next best option is to hop in line towards the end of the night.
Because the line can get cut off before the party ends, we don’t recommend you wait until any later than about 11:00 p.m. to do that. Expect your wait around that time to be about 1 to 2 hours.
Because the line for these characters can be so long (which eats up valuable party time), we don’t recommend you line up outside the recommend times above.
Do Jack and Sally sign autographs
Jack and Sally are too busy entertaining guests to sign autographs BUT they do hand out pre-signed cards to guests after you meet them.
Tips for meeting Jack and Sally
- Do you consider yourself a huge fan? Don’t be afraid to dress up! Here are some costume tips to help you with that.
- The interactions here are especially fun, so consider asking the Cast Member stationed there to capture video of it on your phone while the PhotoPass photographer takes the still photos.
- If you don’t have Memory Maker you can purchase Memory Maker One Day which will let you download and save all of your party pics.
- Get nervous meeting characters? Here are some things you can talk about:
- ask Jack if he’s got any plans for Halloween or Christmas this year
- ask Sally if she has any advice for growing Nightshade
- ask Sally for her Worm Wort Soup recipe
- ask Jack about Zero
- 2023 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Dates Announced
- Disneyland Announces 2022 Holiday Events, Including World of Color – Season of Light
- Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Tickets Go On Sale In June, Plus More Disneyland Halloween Details
- Disney Raises Price for Genie+ at Disneyland
- Ariel Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales With Belle Returning to Magic Kingdom
- Touring Animal Kingdom (without Genie+) - May 20, 2023
- Magic Kingdom Early Entry & Rope Drop (tips & strategy) - May 16, 2023
- When can I book a Disney World package for 2024? - May 8, 2023
Monday 5th of September 2022
If you do not attend the party but want to see and say hello to Jack and Sally where can you go and what time of the day? Will they be there when I enter at 9:00 a.m.?
Tuesday 6th of September 2022
You won't be able to meet them without a party ticket. That's 1 of the selling points of the party - exclusive character meets you won't find anywhere else.