Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) is a specially ticketed event at Magic Kingdom where people get dressed up in costume and attend special Halloween-themed activities that are only offered at the party.
But, in order to see the party you’ll need to purchase tickets, and just when (and how) to buy those tickets can be a bit confusing.
Here’s everything you need to know about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets in 2023.
First, some basics
New to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
Before you dive too far into the ticket information you’ll definitely want to check out our Complete Guide to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party first.
There you’ll find everything you need to know about the party including tips on what to expect and advice on how to tour.
When should you buy a ticket?
This decision of when you should buy your ticket is based on a few different factors.
One of the first things to consider is what date you plan to attend.
In the past, many of the Halloween parties did not sell out. However, since this is the return of the party after it has been absent for a few years, we believe there will be more parties than usual selling out.
Definitely purchase your MNSSHP ticket early if you want to attend:
- the first or second party of the year
- parties in mid to late October
- Halloween night
As for which day of the week is best, Friday night dates tend to be the most popular (because lots of locals will attend those parties) while Tuesdays typically are the least crowded.
Want a good idea which parties Disney thinks will be popular? Look at the price of the ticket.
The higher the ticket price, the more demand Disney thinks there will be for that party.
How much do Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Party Tickets cost?
In 2022, ticket prices for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party ranged in price from $109-$199 for adults and $99-$189 for children ages 3-9. Stay tuned for 2023 pricing.
The closer to Halloween you get, the more expensive the tickets, with Halloween being the most expensive out of all of the parties.
|MNSSHP Date||Ticket Price - Ages 10 and Up (Excludes Tax)||Ticket Price - Ages 3-9 (Excludes Tax)|
|Friday, August 12, 2022||$139||$129|
|Tuesday, August 16, 2022||$109||$99|
|Friday, August 19, 2022||$109||$99|
|Tuesday, August 23, 2022||$109||$99|
|Friday, August 26, 2022||$109||$99|
|Tuesday, August 30, 2022||$109||$99|
|Friday, September 2, 2022||$109||$99|
|Monday, September 5, 2022||$109||$99|
|Friday, September 9, 2022||$119||$109|
|Sunday, September 11, 2022||$119||$109|
|Tuesday, September 13, 2022||$119||$109|
|Friday, September 16, 2022||$119||$109|
|Sunday, September 18, 2022||$119||$109|
|Tuesday, September 20, 2022||$119||$109|
|Friday, September 23, 2022||$139||$129|
|Sunday, September 25, 2022||$139||$129|
|Tuesday, September 27, 2022||$139||$129|
|Thursday, September 29, 2022||$139||$129|
|Friday, September 30, 2022||$139||$129|
|Sunday, October 2, 2022||$139||$129|
|Tuesday, October 4, 2022||$159||$149|
|Thursday, October 6, 2022||$159||$149|
|Friday, October 7, 2022||$179||$169|
|Monday, October 10, 2022||$159||$149|
|Tuesday, October 11, 2022||$159||$149|
|Thursday, October 13, 2022||$159||$149|
|Friday, October 14, 2022||$179||$169|
|Sunday, October 16, 2022||$159||$149|
|Tuesday, October 18, 2022||$159||$149|
|Thursday, October 20, 2022||$159||$149|
|Friday, October 21, 2022||$179||$169|
|Sunday, October 23, 2022||$159||$149|
|Tuesday, October 25, 2022||$159||$149|
|Thursday, October 27, 2022||$159||$149|
|Friday, October 28, 2022||$179||$169|
|Sunday, October 30, 2022||$179||$169|
|Monday, October 31, 2022||$199||$189|
When do Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Tickets go on sale?
- A sale date for 2023 tickets hasn’t been announced, but keep in mind that sales usually open early for onsite guests (including all onsite Disney Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, and Shades of Green). Make sure you are logged into My Disney Experience before heading to the Special Events Tickets page on the Disney World website.
- 2023 date TBD – everyone else
Tickets are limited and may not be available for purchase on the day of the event (or earlier).
In 2022, tickets for onsite guests opened up at Midnight Eastern Standard Time for online purchases. We aren’t sure if this will be the same for 2023.
Tickets are also available by calling 407-WDISNEY (at beginning at 7 am).
Keep in mind that Disney is not known for having the best technology, and purchasing tickets can be a bit of a nightmare.
In fact, whenever anything big opens up (like ticket purchases for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party), the system is known for crashing.
Long waits (both in online queues or on the phone) are to be expected.
We don’t tell you that to scare you, but rather to warn you so that you are prepared.
Which MNSSHP dates have sold out?
Typically, the first 2 parties to sell out are the opening night and Halloween.
After that, we expect for the 2nd and possibly 3rd parties of the year and the dates close to Halloween to sell out.
Keep in mind that MNSSHP saw all of its dates sell out in 2022.
We wouldn’t be surprised to see more parties than usual sell out in 2023. But, beyond that, we really can’t say which parties or how many of them will sell out.
2023 MNSSHP dates that have sold out:
- Stay tuned!
Here’s which 2022 MNSSHP dates that sold out and when:
- August 12 (sold out on Aug. 7)
- August 16 (sold out on July 28)
- August 19 (sold out on Aug. 8)
- August 23 (sold out on Aug. 8)
- August 26 (sold out on Aug. 11)
- August 30 (sold out on Aug. 17)
- September 2 (sold out on Aug. 6)
- September 5 (sold out on Aug. 17)
- September 9 (sold out on Aug. 30)
- September 11 (sold out on Aug. 26)
- September 13 (sold out on Aug. 30)
- September 16 (sold out on Aug. 17)
- September 18 (sold out on Aug. 23)
- September 20 (sold out on Aug. 17)
- September 23 (sold out on Aug. 26)
- September 25 (sold out on Aug. 30)
- September 27 (sold out on Aug. 30)
- September 29 (sold out on Sept. 2) — canceled due to Disney World’s temporarily closure on Sept. 28 and 29 impacted by Hurricane Ian
- September 30 (sold out on Aug. 23)
- October 2 (sold out on Aug. 30)
- October 4 (sold out on Sept. 2)
- October 6 (sold out on Sept. 2)
- October 7 (sold out on Sept. 2)
- October 10 (sold out on Sept. 2)
- October 11 (sold out on Aug. 30)
- October 13 (sold out on Sept. 2)
- October 14 (sold out on Sept. 10)
- October 16 (sold out on Sept. 9)
- October 18 (sold out on Aug. 30)
- October 20 (sold out on Sept. 9)
- October 21 (sold out on Sept. 11)
- October 23 (sold out on Sept. 9)
- October 25 (sold out on Sept. 9)
- October 27 (sold out on Sept. 9)
- October 28 (sold out on Sept. 9)
- October 30 (sold out on Aug. 15)
- October 31 (sold out on July 1)
If you plan to attend a party that is not expected to sell out, there are two main things to consider:
- Tickets to MNSSHP are non-refundable
- MNSSHP is held regardless of weather
Since tickets to the party are non-refundable, unless you plan to go no matter what, it may be a better option to wait until you are at Disney World to buy tickets to ensure that you still want to attend the party.
This is especially true for weather-related issues. The Halloween parties occur during hurricane season so there is a chance that it could be pouring on the night of the party you plan to attend.
If you haven’t purchased tickets before you go, you may decide that it is better to just spend some time at the resorts instead of paying to attend a party in the rain.
And, while the party itself will not be cancelled due to rain or inclement weather, there is a chance that certain activities will.
Ultimately, if you want to guarantee you have tickets to the party you want to attend, you should purchase them as soon as possible.
If, however, you don’t have your heart set on a party, or you’d rather wait to see what the weather looks like, we recommend holding off buying them until the date gets closer.
Which day of the week is best?
People attending Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party often want to know the best day to buy tickets so they can experience the least amount of crowds.
Here are some guidelines to help you plan:
- Tuesdays are usually the least crowded party days
- The early parties are way less crowded than the later parties (so August and September Halloween parties will be much less crowded than October dates)
- The only exception to that is that sometimes the very first party is busy as locals and media types attend to get the scoop on party events
Where can you buy Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets?
When it comes time to purchase your tickets, you have several options:
Through your Travel Professional
If you are working with a travel agent, they will be able to purchase your tickets for you.
MNSSHP tickets can also be purchased online on the official Walt Disney World website.
Prefer to call in? You can order tickets by phone by calling 1-407-WDISNEY. If you must call in, keep in mind that wait times may be long.
Discounts for MNSSHP tickets
While large discounts aren’t available, there are a couple ways to save a few bucks:
Pick an earlier party
Earlier parties and parties on weekdays tend to be less busy, and consequently Disney prices the tickets for those parties at a lower price than ones later in the season.
Check for Annual Passholder and Disney Vacation Club discounts
If you have an Annual Pass or if you own Disney Vacation Club (DVC) you may be eligible for a $10 per ticket discount.
My Disney Experience
After you purchase your ticket you’ll need to make sure it is linked in My Disney Experience and assigned to the correct person.
If you purchased your ticket online from Disney and you were logged into your My Disney Experience account it may already be linked, but it always a good idea to double check.
Here’s how that works:
From the homepage of the My Disney Experience app, select the menu button down in the lower right-hand corner:
Then, select “Tickets and Passes”:
That will bring up all the tickets you have linked. If you don’t see your MNSSHP ticket linked there, you just need to press the + button in the top right:
From there, you just follow the steps to link your ticket. After a ticket is linked, as long as you haven’t used it you can reassign it, but tickets themselves are non-refundable.
Trying to decide between Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? Here’s how you can do both parties in one trip.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returning In August 2022
- Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Tickets Go On Sale In June, Plus More Disneyland Halloween Details
- 2023 Florida Resident Disney Weekday Magic Ticket Available January 10
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- Disney World Water Park Ticket Offer Available For Florida Residents
- Mirabel and Moana meet & greets coming soon (plus lots more updates) - March 15, 2023
- Disney World height requirements (& what to do if kids can’t ride) - February 22, 2023
- Complete Guide to Disney PhotoPass (Is It Worth It?) - February 9, 2023
Saturday 30th of April 2022
What time of day do ticket sales open? The page lists 7am for the phone line but typically dining reservations are earlier at 6am.