Although Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party officially begins at 7:00 p.m., guests who have tickets can enter the park and even start doing a few party things as soon as at 4:00 p.m.
Here are 5 things you can do before Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party starts.
Important note: This list is only for people who have purchased party tickets, not day guests at Magic Kingdom who just happen to be in the park at this time. Cast members will require you to show your party wristband, so make sure you get that first.
1.) Get your party wristband
If you show up at 4:00 or later, you can get your Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) wristband as you enter the park.
But, if you’re already at Magic Kingdom before 4:00 p.m., stop by 1 of these locations in the park to pick up your band:
- Market Street welcome (4 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- near Tortuga Tavern
- by Fantasy Faire
- at Tomorrowland entrance across from Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Liberty Square Ticket Office
2.) Line up for popular characters
Some of the most popular characters not only have lines that begin before the parties do, but they also start meeting early as well.
For any of these popular characters, you can also try meeting them toward the end of the night when lines get shorter again. But if you are looking for something party-related to do before MNSSHP kicks off, this is a great use of your time.
You’ll likely want to pick just 1 or 2 of these to do, since you won’t have time to do them all.
- Jack and Sally are the most popular by far, and you can get in line for them at 4:00. They usually start meeting guests at 4:30.
- We suggest getting in line for Pooh and friends by 5:30 where they’ll likely begin meeting around 6:30.
- Minnie, Donald, and Daisy meet at Dumbo, and they’re another one that we suggest getting in line by 5:30, and they start meeting around 6:30.
- The line for Elvis Stitch also starts early. We suggest being in that line by 6:00 where he’ll start meeting close to 6:30.
3.) Start trick or treating
As you walk under the train station into Magic Kingdom, head to the right to walk the bypass path behind Main Street. Although the trick-or-treat stations in the park won’t open up until 7 p.m., along this path you can pick up a bag and visit the first couple of trick-or-treat stations early.
Allergy options are also available.
Plus some fun Halloween photo ops:
4.) Purchase party-exclusive merchandise
As long as you have your party wristband on, you’ll be able to head to The Emporium for party merch. Because lines during the party can be long, you might also consider shopping toward the end of the night.
5.) Ride Space Mountain
This is 1 of 4 ride overlays available during the party, and it starts a little early, with the party version of the ride usually starting around 6:00.
This version of the attraction is pitch black with no lights on, and Halloween music is played while you ride.
The other 3 attractions with overlays (Monsters Inc., Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Mad Tea Party) will all have their party overlays started closer to 7:00.
Read more about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (including info on entertainment, tickets, and party dates).
VIDEO: 5 Things to Do Before MNSSHP
- 2023 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Dates Announced
- Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Tickets Go On Sale In June, Plus More Disneyland Halloween Details
- Disney World Removing 50th Decor, Mickey & Friends Get New Costumes, & More Updates
- The Reimagined Splash Mountain ‘Princess & The Frog’ Attraction Opening In Late 2024
- Splash Mountain Reportedly Closing in May 2023 at Disneyland Park
- Erin C.’s trip with two little ones to Disney World– PREP 358 - May 23, 2023
- What is the best way to get from MCO to WDW? - May 16, 2023
- Competing at The Summit and a Disney World vacation with Misty O – PREP 357 - May 16, 2023