One of the highlights at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is definitely all the fun and unique characters you can see.
But, Disney doesn’t always make it easy to know who you can find where.
But we can help with that!
Here’s which characters you can see, and where you can find them at the 2023 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
MNSSHP Character Tips
Here are some of our favorite tips for meeting the fun characters at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party:
- Keep in mind that you can’t meet every character, so be sure to prioritize which ones are important to you.
- When it comes to prioritizing, make sure you focus on characters or character combos that are exclusive to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (and skip the ones you can catch during the regular park day).
- Some characters start meeting before the party begins. This is something we definitely recommend you do if your goal is to meet some of the most popular characters. Just make sure you get your party wristband before you hop in line:
- Jack and Sally: Characters begin meeting at 4:30 (we suggest you line up at 4:00; keep in mind, this line moves very, very slow)
- Seven Dwarfs (back for 2023): Characters begin meeting around 6:15 p.m. (can line up as early as 4:00, but we recommend jumping in line closer to 5:00)
- Pooh & Friends: begin meeting around 6:30 (we suggest you line up by 5:30)
- Elvis/Rock ‘n’ Roll Stitch: begins meeting around 6:30 (we suggest you line up by 6:00)
- If you didn’t meet Jack and Sally or the Seven Dwarfs before the party begins, keep in mind that it isn’t unusual for them to close the lines around 11 p.m., so don’t wait too long to visit them.
- For most other characters, the later the time, the shorter the lines.
- Most characters will sign autographs, but a few (like Jack & Sally, the Seven Dwarfs, Pooh & Friends, and Stitch) do not. For them, you’re handed pre-signed cards, instead. We’ve indicated which characters sign autographs down below.
- During the 2nd parade is a great time to meet the characters.
- Some character meetings are close enough together that it is easily possible for 1 member of your party to wait in 1 line, while the remaining members of your party wait in the other.
Important: This only works if you have at least 1 person who isn’t interested in meeting/taking pictures with the characters AND if you are respectful of the people behind you and keep it to 1 meet and greet. Don’t have your group of 6 join you in line and then split up into 6 different meet and greets. That’s really frustrating to the people behind you.
So, for example, the Tweedles meet right next to where Alice and the Mad Hatter meet – but it is 2 separate lines. Have the placeholder person jump in the longest of the 2 lines, and the other group can join them after they finish meeting the character with the shorter line.
- PhotoPass photographers are available at all the meet and greets. They will take a picture with your camera, but a 1-day Memory Maker purchase (if you don’t already have the full, multi-day one) will give you double the chances to snag the perfect picture.
- Make sure you capture candid moments, too. While posed photos are great, some of the best pics we have are candid shots that show the interactions and reactions between us and the characters.
MNSSHP Character Map
The map Disney hands out at the party marks character locations, but it doesn’t tell you who is located where.
So, to make it easier for you, we’ve added character names to the party map.
Important Note on Wait Times:
The wait times noted below are just averages and are more typical for the beginning of the party. Wait times will drop during the parades, fireworks, and at the end of the evening. You can find some wait times for characters inside the My Disney Experience app.
Main Street U.S.A.
Jack Skellington and Sally
Jasmine and Genie
Aladdin with Abu
Captain Jack Sparrow
Madame Carlotta, Madame Renatta, Broome the Butler (Haunted Mansion)
Anastasia and Drizella
Alice and Mad Hatter
Queen of Hearts
Ariel and Eric
Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet
Donald and Daisy
Characters at Dance Parties
In addition to being able to meet lots of characters, there are others that you’ll be able to catch at one of several dance parties throughout the park.
You won’t be able to get autographs or take pics with these characters, but you will be able to dance and boogie to your favorite tunes.
All the dance parties happen throughout the event (there aren’t any set times) so they are perfect to pop into when visiting nearby characters.
Disney Junior Jam
Max Goof’s Powerline “Stand Out” Pop-Up Party
Characters in Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade
One last place you can spot characters is in the extremely popular Boo-to-You Parade.
Shown twice nightly at 9:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m., the parade is loaded with all your favorites.
The parade is divided into separate sections or “units”.
Here’s who you can see:
- Headless Horseman
- Max Goof (Main Street U.S.A and Town Square areas only)
- Pooh & Tigger
- Snow White & Dopey
- Aladdin & Jasmine
- Alice & the Mad Hatter
- Rapunzel & Flynn Rider
- Sanderson Sisters (Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, and Clarabelle Cow)
- Mickey Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Chip ‘n Dale
- Captain Hook
- Mr. Smee
- Peter Pan
- Lost Boys
- Misc. pirates
Treasure Chest Float
- Tinker Bell
Pirate Ship Float
- Captain Barbosa
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Misc. pirates
- Spectral Bride (aka Constance Hatchaway)
- Misc. waltzing ghosts
- Grave diggers
Haunted Mansion float
- Hitchhiking ghosts (Phineas, Ezra, and Gus)
- Misc. scarecrow dancers
- Horace Horsecollar
- Country Bears
Halloween Hoedown float
- Clara Cluck
Trick or Treat / Sugar Rush
Sugar Rush delivery truck
- Fun Cast Member driving (Wreck-it Ralph used to drive, but not in 2023)
- Sugar Rush dancers
Candy making machine float
- Vanellope von Schweetz
- Ursula with Flotsam and Jetsam puppets
- Cruella de Vil
- Jasper and Horace (drivers)
- Queen of Hearts with card hearts
Skeleton Band float
- Skeleton band
- Pain and Panic
- Bowler Hat Guy
- Oogie Boogie
- Dr. Facilier
- Anastasia & Drizella
- Lady Tremaine
- Honest John (Foulfellow)
- Evil Queen
Are the Seven Dwarfs meeting at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
While they didn’t appear in 2022, we are very happy to report that the Seven Dwarfs are meeting during the 2023 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
There are a few characters, however, who we’ve seen in the past that haven’t returned:
- Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear
- Tarzan, Jane, and Terk
Can you meet the Sanderson Sisters?
The Sanderson Sisters (Winifred, Mary and Sarah) are part of the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular stage show, but they are not available to meet.
Speaking of the Sanderson Sister, Daisy, Clarabelle, and Minnie appear at the beginning of the Boo to You Parade as the Sanderson Sisters! This is new for 2023.