Though Disneyland is obviously a family park, some attractions have height requirements to keep guests safe.
Here's an overview of the attractions with Disneyland height requirements and how taller people in your group can still enjoy the attractions even if you have too-short-to-ride members in your party.
Let's dive in...
Are Disneyland height requirements enforced?
In short (so to speak), yes.
Cast Members will measure guests who appear to be close to the requirement for that attraction and will not allow kids who fall under that height to board. This is for safety reasons.
Children will be measured at every single ride where they appear to be close to the height requirement.
No hand stamps are given after being measured to allow entry on every ride. They'll be measured every time.
The measurement is done with shoes on, unless high heel shoes are being worn (in which case, Cast Members may ask that shoes be removed).
Adults and older kids can still ride
If you do have somebody in your group who doesn't meet the Disneyland height requirements, you can still ride using the Rider Switch pass.
This allows your group to split into 2 as the first part of the group rides, then you can swap and let the other part of the group ride.
Rider Switch allows an adult to always be waiting with the child as the other part of the group rides.
So which attractions have height requirements?
Check out this list of Disneyland height requirements so you can plan ahead.
Disneyland Park height requirements
- Autopia (32" to ride, 54" to ride alone)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (40")
- Gadget's Go Coaster (35")
- Indiana Jones Adventure (46")
- Matterhorn Bobsleds (42")
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (38")
- Space Mountain (40")
- Splash Mountain (40")
- Star Tours (40")
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (40")
California Adventure height requirements
- Goofy's Sky School (42")
- Grizzly River Run (42")
- Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! (40")
- Incredicoaster (48")
- Jumpin' Jellyfish (40")
- Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters (32")
- Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (32")
- Radiator Springs Racers (40")
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail (42" - rock wall and zip line only)
- Silly Symphony Swings (40" for tandem swings, 48" to ride in single swing)
- Soarin' Around The World (40")
Height requirement chart
Here's a handy chart of Disneyland height requirements as a reference. Pin it, save it, bookmark it.
The handpicked team of agents at Perfect Story Travel can help you out. Fill out the info below to get started.