It was first announced in October that the Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts would begin on Jan. 8 and run through Feb. 22, 2021.
On Friday, Dec. 11, more details were announced for the modified festival, including the addition of new live performers and a brand new food studio.
Here’s what’s new to the upcoming Festival of the Arts.
As previously announced, Voices of Liberty will perform their new The Disney Songbook showcase at the America Gardens Theatre. They’ll celebrate the artistry of Disney composer and lyricists with songs like “When You Wish Upon a Star” and “Let It Go.”
In the World Showplace, there will be live performances by “Art Defying Gravity” described as “a spectacle of thrilling strength acts and the “Visual Art in Performance,” a high-energy, onstage visual artist who will paint Disney characters in the matter of minutes.
There will even be a brand new food studio located between France and Morocco called “Vibrante & Vívido Food Studio.” It will service dishes like chilled seafood cocktail with octopus, scallops, shrimp, black garlic aïoli, tomato coconut sauce and serrano lime oil and Blue Corn Pupusa stuffed with cheese and topped with shredded pork, guajillo and árbol chile sauce, cabbage slaw and aji amarillo crema.
Not new, but returning is the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine, in which guests will use the Festival Passport as a guide to purchase five vibrant food items. They’ll receive a complimentary treat as a prize.
Figment’s Brush with the Masters scavenger hunt is also coming back, which gives guests the chance to search for Figment around the World Showcase. A map and stickers will be available for purchase at several retail locations.
A festival Foodie Guide is coming soon, but until then you can browse which food studios will be at the festival on the official Walt Disney World website. They are as follows:
- The Artist’s Table (The American Adventure): Beef Wellington, pan-seared scallops, artist palette jumbo chocolate-chip cookie, assorted beer and wine.
- Citrus Blossom (Showcase Plaza): Beverages from Florida Orange Groves Winery or an orange cream shake served in a souvenir Orange Bird sipper cup.
- Cuisine Classique (Germany): Red wine-braised short rib, coq au vin, opera cake, wine, and beer.
- Decadent Delights (Promenade Refreshments): Raspberry or lemon soft-serve ice cream and beer.
- The Deconstructed Dish (Showcase Plaza): Deconstructed takes on the Reuben, BLT, and strawberry cheesecake. Chai tea shake that showcases favorite breakfast flavors.
- El Artista Hambriento (Mexico): Pork belly pastor, chile rellenos, and chocolate tacos.
- Goshiki (Japan): Sushi donuts, vegetable gyoza, and pink snow (sake, peach schnapps, cranberry juice and Calpico).
- Festival Favorites (World Showplace): Charcuterie, Remy’s ratatouille, the lemon blood-orange tart, jumbo chocolate-chip cookie, coffee cocktail, and microbrews.
- Painter’s Palate (World Showplace): Prime steak tartare, salt-roasted beet tartare, and pistachio cake with cherry mousse and Morello cherries.
- L’Art de la Cuisine Francaise (France): Warm brie in a bread bowl, a black winter truffle croissant, a trio of house-made macarons, French wine, and frozen martini.
- L’Arte di Mangiare (Italy): Arancini, lobster ravioli, cream-filled Italian donuts, Italian beer, wine, and cocktails.
- Masterpiece Kitchen (Canada): Mushroom risotto, the salmon and cream gâteau, a luscious panna cotta, and wines.
- Mosaic Canteen (Morocco): Harissa-roasted rack of lamb and a Mediterranean flatbread with Za’atar pesto.
- The Painted Panda (China): Pork and water chestnut meatballs, the Sichuan red hot mala shrimp, bubble tea, draft beer, and Chinese-inspired cocktails.
- Pop Eats (Showcase Plaza): Almond frangipane cake, Pop’t Art (a modern-designed sugar cookie with strawberry filling), shrimp ceviche, and tomato soup with grilled cheese.
- Vibrante & Vívido – NEW! (Between Morocco & France): Passion fruit mousse, chilled seafood cocktail, an island-inspired smoothie, piña colada, and daiquiri.
- Refreshment Port: Lobster poutine, traditional poutine, chicken breast nuggets, refreshing beverages, and more.
- Refreshment Outpost: Plant-based bratwurst, warm brown-sugar-stuffed pretzels, frozen slushies, beers, and more.
- Funnel Cake: Red velvet funnel cake topped with cream cheese icing and pixie dust.
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company (all in-park locations): Art-inspired latte paired with a doughnut at each location.
There’s certainly a lot to look forward to at Festival of the Arts, even with the festival being modified. We’ll be sure to let you know when the official festival Foodie Guide is released.
- 2022 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Booths & Eat to the Beat Schedule Announced
- 2022 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Dates Announced
- Candlelight Processional Narrators & More 2021 Festival Of The Holidays Details Announced
- Epcot’s Festival of the Arts Returns In 2022 With Disney On Broadway Concert Series
- 2022 Epcot International Festival of the Arts Menus Are Here