The new “Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure” exhibit officially opened on Feb. 1 at Epcot’s American Adventure pavilion and there’s so much to see and learn about jazz.
The exhibit, which was first announced on Jan. 12, provides guests with “a musical tour of the United States to learn more about this colorful, inspiring, and constantly evolving genre of music.”
It’s unclear how long “Soul of Jazz” will be open, but you definitely shouldn’t waste anytime and check out the displays as soon as you can.
Inspired by Pixar’s newest film, Soul, and with help from the lead character, Joe Gardner, the exhibit features information about the history of jazz across several American cities, including New Orleans, Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
There are even artifacts on display from legendary jazz musicians. They include:
- Louis Armstrong’s Selmer trumpet
- “Jazz Jubilee” sheet music, handwritten by Jelly Roll Morton, one of the music genre’s original performers and composers
- “Skin Deep” percussion sheet music of Duke Ellington drummer Louie Bellson
- Cornet belonging to Bix Beiderbecke, an early jazz soloist from the 1920s
- Drumsticks of Gene Krupa, member of jazz groups the Benny Goodman Orchestra and Tommy Dorsey’s band
Walt Disney Imagineering even worked with historians and curators from several top jazz institutions, like the Historic New Orleans Collection and the New Orleans Jazz Museum in Louisiana, as well as the Louis Armstrong House Museum in New York.
Soon, guests will even be able to use the Play Disney Parks mobile app to interact with the exhibit and test their knowledge of jazz.
On Jan. 29, Disney also announced a variety of other ways Walt Disney World is celebrating and honoring Black History Month, including quite a list of festivities at Disney Springs. There’s so much to learn and enjoy at WDW right now. If you need help planning a trip, contact Small World Vacations.
- A New Exhibit Inspired By Pixar’s ‘Soul’ Is Coming To Epcot In February
- Walt Disney World Reveals 2021 Celebrations For Black History Month
- ‘Celebrate Soulfully At Disney Springs’ Honors Black History Month
- Voices Of Liberty Will Perform At Festival Of The Arts In 2021
- Reopening Dates Announced For Port Orleans Resorts, All-Star Music & Sports
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours - July 30, 2021
- Best Vegetarian Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - July 29, 2021
- Disney World & Disneyland Guests Must Once Again Wear Masks Indoors - July 28, 2021