One of the most unique elements of Epcot is the World Showcase, which is home to a total of 11 countries.
Exploring each of the pavilions is one of the best parts of the park, in addition to, of course, riding attractions, eating, and drinking around the world.
The countries have so much to offer. Plus, they each have their own unique elements, including special entertainment, attractions, character meet and greets, and more.
If you want to know more about the Italy pavilion at Epcot, we have you covered!
Here we take a deep dive into one of the more popular pavilions thanks to the Italian food (pastas, pizzas, gelati, and more!). The architecture here is also quite stunning, along with the views of Spaceship Earth.
Also keep in mind that while Italy is beautiful, it is one of the hottest pavilions! It’s like a giant pizza oven with all the hard surfaces.
- Location: World Showcase (between Germany and American Adventure)
- Restaurants: 3 Quick Service (Gelateria Toscana, Pizza al Taglio, Beer and Wine Cart); 3 Table Service (Tutto Italia Ristorante, Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar, Via Napoli e Pizzeria)
- Shops: La Bottega Italiana, Il Bel Cristallo, La Gemma Elegante
- Entertainment: Sergio
- Attractions: None
- Characters: None
- Popular snacks and drinks: Pizza slice (Pizza al Taglio), Gelati (Gelateria Toscana), Italian Margarita (Gelateria Toscana)
- Not-to-miss: Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria, Fountain of Neptune, Sergio
Italy Pavilion Map
The Italy pavilion has several dining options that include both Quick Service and Table Service, with the latter almost always requiring reservations. Obviously, you’ll be able to find Italian cuisine here, including pizzas, pastas, and a range of desserts.
Location type: Quick Service
Type of food: Italian
Meals Served: Snacks
Seating Available: None
- On the Disney Dining Plan? No
- Is Mobile Order available? No
- Pros: Authentic Tuscan gelato with a variety of flavors, plus gelato floats, and sundaes
- Cons: No indoor seating, pricey, and sometimes long lines
Gelateria Toscana is a Quick Service stand located at the front of the pavilion, closer to the American Adventure pavilion.
The menu consists of a variety of snacks, including (and most importantly) gelato! From chocolate, to vanilla, to pistachio, to cherry, they aren’t short on flavors.
You can also order other Italian desserts, like tiramisù. Plus, there are both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Try an espresso, or a Lemon Italian Sparkling Soda, or a Frozen Sangria, or an Italian Margarita.
Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
Location type: Casual Dining
Type of food: American, Italian
Meals Served: Lunch and dinner
- On the Disney Dining Plan? Yes, 1 table service credit
- Pros: Excellent pizza, often regarded as the best in the southeast U.S., with authentic ingredients and flavors that consistently impress diners
- Cons: Can be very noisy, which may detract from the dining experience for some guests, reservations can be competitive
Via Napoli e Pizzeria is the most popular place to dine in the Italy pavilion. Reservations are definitely recommended (and go fast) here.
While the lunch and dinner menu has other choices besides pizza, you definitely want to get the pizza.
As you can see here, the pizzas are huge and perfect for sharing!
If you’re in the mood for pizza, this is the place you want to visit. Trust us.
The drinks are also pretty tasty here too, like this sangria. You can either order a glass or a carafe for the table.
FYI: You can take your drinks with you here. Just ask your server for a to-go cup!
Tutto Italia Ristorante
Location type: Table Service
Type of food: Italian
Meals Served: Lunch and dinner
- On the Disney Dining Plan? Yes, 1 table service credit
- Pros: Authentic Italian cuisine with a pleasant ambiance and attentive service
- Cons: Some guests find the menu limited and the food quality to be average, not exceptional
Tutto Italia Ristorante is a really nice sit-down restaurant, where reservations are highly recommended.
The menu (which is created by award-winning chef and California restaurateur Joachim Splichal) includes many favorites, like a selection of different pastas, fish, and steak. There are also some great vegetarian options and of course a kids’ menu.
And, we can’t forget the most important meal of the day: dessert. If you love Italian sweets, cannoli, anyone?), there are plenty of menu items to order for either lunch or dinner.
Beer and Wine Cart
Once you enter the Italy pavilion, you’ll find a beer and wine cart on the right-hand side near the Fountain of Neptune.
There usually isn’t a long line here and makes a great spot to grab a drink while you explore the country.
The cart also offers select Italian treats, like gelato and sorbet.
Pizza al Taglio
Pizza al Taglio is the popular pizza window located right next to Via Napoli Pizzeria e Ristorante.
But, know that this isn’t the same pizza that is served at the Table Service restaurant. The pizza is much better at Via Napoli.
However, this pizza window still has tasty slices, including cheese and pepperoni. Plus, they’re huge!
It’s the perfect place to have a quick bite to eat and to appease any picky eaters in your party.
There is a negative to Pizza al Taglio — it doesn’t have a consistent schedule. Times aren’t listed online or in the My Disney Experience app, either.
You basically just have to hope it’s open when you’re visiting.
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar is a lounge attached to Tutto Italia Ristorante.
Reservations are not needed or accepted here, but you simply walk up and see if anything is available.
You can order from a large selection of both small and big plates. Plus, there are desserts and drinks available for purchase.
If you want Italian at the last minute or can’t get into Tutto Italia Ristorante, this is another great option, but keep in mind that it may not open until later in the day.
The Italy pavilion has a few places to sit.
There are tables and chairs (some with umbrellas) scattered around, especially near Pizza al Taglio.
You’ll also find benches or walls that you can sit on to rest, eat, or drink.
There are 3 different shops in this pavilion offering a range of Italian merchandise. Let’s check them out!
La Bottega Italiana
La Bottega Italiana is where you can find Venetian masks, cookware, Italian food items, and other decor.
Il Bel Cristallo
Il Bel Cristallo houses exquisite Italian wares, including Murano glass, porcelain, crystal, chic handbags, clothing, and accessories.
La Gemma Elegante
La Gemma Elegante has perfume, leather goods, Venetian masks, and more.
As you can see below, there is a fun option available here that allows guests to paint their own masks.
But, you cannot do this inside the store. You’ll purchase all your items and then are given a bag of paints and brushes to take with you.
Prices start at $30, but will increase if you choose a different mask than the one included.
The main form of entertainment in the Italy pavilion is a solo act — Sergio!
Sergio is described a “master juggler and mime.” In addition to juggling, his performance includes audience participation, different antics, and other skills.
He performs his 20-minute act near the front of the pavilion. You can find daily showtimes in the My Disney Experience app or on a sign in Italy.
There are only a couple activities in this pavilion that may be of interest.
Kidcot Fun Stop
Like the 10 other country pavilions in the World Showcase, Italy also has a Kidcot Fun Stop location.
This makes for a fun family-friendly activity that not only keeps little ones interested as you walk around to each country, but is educational.
All you have to do is visit each station. Then, you can collect an activity card detailing facts and activities featuring the culture and traditions of that particular country. These make for a fun souvenir.
These stops are also completely free!
You can find Italy’s Kidcot stop outside, near La Bottega Italiana.
Coin Press Machine
For $1.00, you can use this coin press machine to create an Italian and Disney-themed pressed penny. Many of them feature Mickey!
You can also get 3 pennies for $3. This coin press inside La Bottega Italiana.
Best Fireworks Views
The Italy pavilion offers some great views of the nightly spectacular, as you can see below.
You may even find a spot with a table or a bench that is great while you’re waiting for the show to begin.
As for the open space by the gondolas. While this does make a decent fireworks viewing section (minus some pole blockage), sometimes this area is closed for private events.
You definitely want to keep that in mind when choosing a post to watch the nighttime spectacular.
Other reasons Italy makes a great spot to watch fireworks:
- You can find restrooms in either the American Adventure or Germany pavilions, which are located one either side of Italy
- If you’re hungry or thirsty, you can visit not only locations in Italy, but Germany and America both have plenty of options
- There are several activities in the pavilion and also nearby providing entertainment, like Sergio, concerts at the America Gardens Theatre, Kidcot Fun Stops, and more
What to look out for:
- Italy has some fantastic views, but the BEST ones are typically reserved for private events.
Here’s what the view looks like from the Italy pavilion:
Be sure to grab your viewing spot no less than 60 minutes before showtime. Space can fill up quickly.
You can find that night’s showtime in the My Disney Experience app.
Fireworks Viewing Map
Like every other country in the World Showcase, different festival exclusives can be found in the American Adventure pavilion.
These include (to name a few):
- Festival food booths, like the Italy booth at Food and Wine and the Primavera Kitchen booth at Flower and Garden
- Holiday decor for Festival of the Holidays
- The chance to listen to the tale of La Befana, a kind-hearted witch who visits sleeping children on the eve of the Epiphany at Festival of the Holidays
- Beautiful topiaries for Flower and Garden, like Lady and the Tramp
- Art stands during Festival of the Arts
While there might not be a ton to do in the Italy pavilion, there’s no denying that the Table Service food usually hits the spots. Plus, the views are pretty nice, too.
Italy Pavilion Checklist
What’s your favorite thing about the Italy pavilion at Epcot? Tell us in the comments!
Check out our deep dives into each country pavilion at Epcot:
We also have deep dives into each Neighborhood and their respective pavilions at Epcot:
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Kellen’s coast-to-coast runDisney trip – PREP 393 - January 23, 2024
- 2024 Disney World Refurbishment Calendar (& opening dates) - December 12, 2023
- Ultimate Guide to Thanksgiving at Disney World 2024: Tips, Park Hours, Dining & More - November 1, 2023