Magic Kingdom will have yet another spook-tacular celebration, but the 2020 season will be modified and, as previously announced, without Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
On Thursday, Aug. 27, Disney first announced that fall decorations and Halloween festivities will return to the Magic Kingdom beginning Sept. 15 through Oct. 31.
Even though there won’t be a big party this year, Disney is implementing several new ways for guests to enjoy the holiday.
First, there will be themed-cavalcades! Guests can expect the following:
- Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and pals wearing their Halloween costumes
- Chip ‘n’ Dale in costume in Frontierland
- Other Disney characters dressed up and riding the horse-drawn trolley down Main Street, U.S.A.
- Disney Villains, including Gaston, Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, and Jafar (only on select days)
- Jack Skellington (only on select days)
And in more exciting news, the Dapper Dans are returning to Magic Kingdom starting Sept. 20 as the Cadaver Dans!
It’s unclear right now if they will perform along Main Street as usual or not. But, most likely, health and safety protocols will come into play to keep not only the Dapper Dans safe, but also prevent guests from crowding.
Secondly, and for the first time, guests of all ages can wear costumes during regular park operating hours. This only pertains to Magic Kingdom from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31.
Important: Costume masks are not permitted for adults. Only children younger than 14 years old are permitted to wear costume masks. Also, all guests are still required to wear face coverings. The official Walt Disney World website also has more information about costume guidelines.
Of course, there will be a plethora of treats, themed-photo opportunities, popcorn buckets, sippers, and other merchandise for guests to purchase. The Disney Parks Blog has a full treat guide for you to browse — and there are a lot!
And, finally, Minnie’s Halloween Dine is returning to Hollywood & Vine in Hollywood Studios beginning Sept. 25 (you can make reservations starting Sept. 11).
The modified character dining experience will include Minnie as a happy witch, Mickey as a funny vampire, Goofy as a spooky cowboy, and Pluto in a festive collar. You’ll only be able to wave to characters and take physically-distanced photos. Also, no autographs.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, MNSSHP was canceled this year, along with Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. We have a post all about what’s happening holiday-wise at the parks that you can check out as well.
We will, of course, update you when we learn more details! If you’re interested in visiting the parks during Halloween, fill out the form below.
- Parking Trams Returning To Disney World, Starting With Magic Kingdom
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returning In August 2022
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Returns In December 2021
- New Magic Kingdom Cavalcade & More Disney World Entertainment Announced
- Select Rooms at Caribbean Beach Receiving “Under the Sea” Theme - October 3, 2022
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian - September 27, 2022
- 2022 Holiday Offer Available For Disneyland Resort Hotels - September 27, 2022