Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) has over a dozen opportunities for unique photographs and fun Magic Shots. You don’t have to do them all, but if you’re headed to the party, we do think you should check out at least a couple.
Here’s where to find the PhotoPass photographers, Magic Shots, and the special Step In Photo Frames (3D Photo-Ops) during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Magic Shots
“Magic Shot” is the cute name that Disney gives to any photo where they digitally enhance it to add something extra or magical, or, in the case of MNSSHP, it could even be something spooky.
They are cute and can make a fun souvenir. And since there are so many, it is usually relatively easy to hop in a line, grab a picture, and then get back to the other party fun.
Important: If you’re unsure just what the “other” fun is, make sure you check out our Complete Guide to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party first, and then come back and finish reading up on MNSSHP Magic Shots.
Magic Shots for the 2022 party are available at these locations:
On Main Street, U.S.A. – spooky pic with bats and a moon
Town Square Flag Pole – Mickey pumpkin lantern
Along Main Street, U.S.A. – Dance with skeletons
On Main Street, U.S.A. – Mickey pumpkin head
Main Street, U.S.A. facing Cinderella Castle – Oogie Boogie in the moon
Near gardens in front of Casey’s Corner and Plaza Restaurant – witches cauldron
Cinderella Castle Hub – spooky jack-o-lantern
Cinderella Castle Walls by Pinocchio Village Haus – Dr. Facilier cards and shadow men
Near Carousel of Progress – light bar prop
Near Carousel of Progress – bokeh Mickey Mouse
Near Hall of Presidents (separate photographer from Headless Horseman) – Hitchhiking Ghosts
Near Hall of Presidents (separate photographer from Hitchhiking Ghosts) – Headless Horseman
Haunted Mansion entrance – Lantern. Full disclaimer. This is the lantern pic from 2019 because all of our 2022 pics looked … bad. We couldn’t put you through having to look at them.
In front of Beast’s castle near Be Our Guest – Looking really frightened? Don’t really know what this is supposed to be.
Step In Photo Frames (3D Photo-Ops)
There are also 3D photo-ops around the park during the party, including:
Monsters, Inc. backdrop inside the former Stitch’s Great Escape attraction (Tomorrowland)
Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride backdrop inside the former Stitch’s Great Escape attraction (Tomorrowland)
Hocus Pocus 2 backdrop behind Ye Old Christmas Shoppe (Liberty Square)
Sleepy Hollow backdrop near Tomorrowland Terrace and Plaza Garden Restaurant (The Hub)
10,000 Leagues Under the Sea backdrop near Magic Carpets of Aladdin (Adventureland)
Other PhotoPass opportunities at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
In addition to all the fun Magic Shots, you’ll also find PhotoPass photographers at all the character meet and greet opportunities.
There are too many to list here, but check out our Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Character Guide for a complete list of all the characters and their locations.
Although we don’t recommend you spend a lot of time riding rides, there are a couple that we think are worth it during the party. And, since all the ride photos are included with Memory Maker, you can get fantastic pics like this one of us braiding hair while riding Space Mountain:
Or this one of a Jungle Cruise skipper on Haunted Mansion:
How does PhotoPass work at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
We need to start with some definitions, since this is the root of a lot of confusion.
First, PhotoPass is the overall system that Disney uses to take your pics in the parks, on rides, and at some character meals.
Anybody can use the PhotoPass system whether staying off-site or at one of the Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Memory Maker is one of the PhotoPass products that you can purchase. When you purchase Memory Maker, you are purchasing the right to download, print, and share all your photos from either your entire trip OR, in the case of a One-Day Memory Maker, a single day.
During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, PhotoPass works exactly the same as it does during the regular park day:
- When you locate a PhotoPass photographer, you’ll likely see a short line nearby. Jump in that and wait for your turn.
- When it is your turn, the PhotoPass photographer will either need to scan your MagicBand, your ticket, or the QR code in your My Disney Experience App (under Photos).
- Take your picture.
- Regular (non-Magic Shot) photos should show up shortly after you take them. Magic Shots can take up to a day or so to appear since they have to go through and add the “magic” to them.
- You’ll be able to see all of your pics inside of the My Disney Experience App or online on the PhotoPass website.
Is Memory Maker worth it for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
With over a dozen different PhotoPass photo ops plus all the opportunities for pics with characters at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, we definitely think it is easy to get your money’s worth if you have Memory Maker.
And, if you don’t already have the full Memory Maker, we think you should definitely think about purchasing the $69 Memory Maker One Day for the party for both the memories and the laughs the pics are sure to bring.
- Capture Your Moment Sees Price Increase As It Comes To Epcot & Hollywood Studios
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returning In August 2022
- Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Tickets Go On Sale In June, Plus More Disneyland Halloween Details
- Disneyland Announces 2022 Holiday Events, Including World of Color – Season of Light
- Disney+ Day Grants Subscribers Early Entry To Disney World & Disneyland, Plus More Perks
- Best Disney World Character Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner) - October 7, 2022
- Disney World Christmas 2022 Complete Guide - October 6, 2022
- 2022 Candlelight Processional Dining Packages Complete Guide - September 27, 2022