There are a lot of food and drinks to choose from at the 2022 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
To be exact, there are 144 total food and drink items. That’s — a lot.
Plus, there’s a total of 18 outdoor kitchens, with 4 additional locations serving festival-exclusive offerings. That’s quite a bit of menus to sort through.
But, which booths have the overall best menus? Which food and drinks should you spend money on? Where should you be willing to wait in line to purchase festival items?
We attended the first 2 days of Flower & Garden, where we ate and drank every food and drink on each booth menu.
During this process, we (4 of us) reviewed and rated every single food and beverage. It’s important to note that I (Allyson) am vegetarian and Heather does not eat shellfish. So, if you see reviews or ratings involving only Shannon and Felicia, that’s why.
We go over more of our personal preferences and dietary restrictions below.
While there were many dishes and beverages we enjoyed, there are 6 that we feel the festival nailed completely (even if we all didn’t try them).
Plus, the following received no less than 4.7 out of 5 stars (with 2 items earning a perfect 5), according to our personal rating system.
So, if we’re going strictly by our ratings, these are the ones we’d recommend — or we wouldn’t have rated them so high.
With that, below are the best food and drinks (our overall top 6 items) at Epcot Flower and Garden 2022, which also all happen to be from our favorite booths at the festival!
When it comes to our reviews and ratings, we thought it would be helpful if you had a better understanding of our personal preferences (what we like and don’t like), along with if there are any dietary restrictions.
Here’s a breakdown of not only who is doing the reviews, but a little more information about what each of us likes and doesn’t like food and drink-wise.
- Likes: Almost everything
- Dislikes: Beers that taste “stinky,” anything too salty
- Dietary Restrictions: None
- Likes: Strong flavors, anything made out of potatoes, white wines, all beers (especially stouts and wheat beers), doesn’t mind sweet (plain fruit is NOT a dessert. Ever.)
- Dislikes: Things that are too spicy, anything with a bone still in it, cocktails with too much whiskey or tequila (thanks to having too much fun in college), some red wines, most IPAs
- Dietary Restrictions: Shellfish allergy
Felicia (Content Manager)
- Likes: Mezcal, savory drinks, stouts/lagers/wheats/sour beers, vinegar, tart/sour items, chocolate, fresh vegetables and fruits, red meat
- Dislikes: Ciders, sweet drinks, anything milky or creamy, chili powder, cumin, weirded out by textures, mayonnaise, saucy/wet food, cream-filled pastries, artificial fruit flavors, cooked fruits, frozen items (drinks or ice cream)
- Dietary Restrictions: None
- Likes: Cheesecake (the more sweets, the better), anything mint, hazy IPAs and wheat beers (big beer fan), tofu and most Impossible dishes, mushrooms
- Dislikes: Wine (only likes a few dry ones), cream ales and stouts/porters, super sweet cocktails, floral flavors (lavender, rose), anything almond-flavored, things that are too spicy, olives, meat and seafood (see below)
- Dietary Restrictions: Vegetarian (personal choice)
Best Food and Drinks at Flower and Garden
5 Star Rating
Out of all the food we ate and beverages we drank, the following 2 food items earned a 5 out of 5 rating. It’s rare, which just goes to show you how much these stood out compared to the other menu options.
First, we have the Char-grilled Bison Ribeye from Farmers Feast’s Early Bloom Menu.
Keep in mind that the Early Bloom Menu is only available through April 9.
Following this, the menu will rotate to the Springtime Menu (April 10 through May 21) and then the Summer Solstice Menu (May 22 through July 4).
The beverages are the same throughout the entirety of Flower & Garden.
You’ll find the Farmers Feast booth near Test Track and Creations Shop.
Char-grilled Bison Ribeye
Char-grilled Bison Ribeye with Creamy Leek Fondue, Roasted Carnival Cauliflower, Romanesco, and Port Wine-Goat Cheese Butter. This is a new 2022 festival item.
Special Diets: Gluten-Friendly
Shannon: Whew! What a fantastic combo of tender meats and delicious veggies. Good portion. Fantastic tastes.
Heather: Very good. The ribeye was extremely tender and the flavors were very … homey? Made me feel like I was eating Sunday dinner at my grandmas.
Felicia: This is incredible. The bison has a great sear that is seasoned perfectly (kind of a Montreal seasoning flavor). The creamy fondue is delicious and the cauliflower complements the bison and creamy leek well. It’s a good mix of flavors and textures. Absolutely loved it. Huge portion, too.
Check out our Farmers Feast page for photos, reviews, ratings, and more.
Here we have the Harissa Chicken Grilled Kebab from Tangierine Café in the Morocco pavilion.
This is one of 2 kebabs available at the booth, but the chicken is ranks much higher than the Lamb Kefta Grilled Kebab.
This also comes with a carrot-chickpea salad and garlic aïoli, which complements the kebab well.
Harissa Chicken Grilled Kebab
Harissa Chicken Grilled Kebab with Carrot-Chickpea Salad and Garlic Aïoli.
Special Diets: Gluten-Friendly
Shannon: Incredibly tender chicken. Delicious flavors. Loved.
Heather: Yes it is “just” chicken but man is it good! Amazing flame kissed flavors of yumminess!
Felicia: Delicious chicken. It’s tender and delicious. The chickpea and carrot salad is both sweet and spiced and complements the chicken well. Nice portion.
4.8 Star Rating
These 3 menu options earned a 4.8 out of 5 rating. These are all solid choices and we enjoyed each bite and sip.
You really need to order the Mediterranean Flatbread from Tangierine Café located in the Morocco pavilion.
Not only is this a great vegetarian option, but the flatbread is light, refreshing, and cheesy in all of the right ways.
Mediterranean Flatbread with za’atar, artichokes, olives, mozzarella, and feta cheese. This is a new 2022 festival item.
Special Diets: N/A
Shannon: What an incredible deal. So many great flavors and for not much money.
Heather: Frick yeah! So good. Love the combinations of flavors. This isn’t your “typical” flatbread!
Felicia: The Za’atar sauce is strongly spiced and not my favorite but the flatbread otherwise is delicious. It’s also a good portion for the price and great option for non-meat eaters.
Allyson: So good! Loved this. Great flavor and fresh. Great bang for your buck.
Check out our Tangierine Café page for photos, reviews, ratings, and more.
This is the best dessert at the festival, as you can tell by our rating.
Guess what? It’s also plant-based.
The Coconut Tres Leches is served at La Isla Fresca (between the Morocco and France pavilions).
Coconut Tres Leches
Coconut Tres Leches is a vanilla cake soaked in oat milk, almond milk, and coconut milk with toasted coconut. This dish is also part of the Garden Graze, the food crawl where you can earn a prize.
Special Diets: Plant-Based
Shannon: Love the light coconut flavor. Manages to be soft without being soggy.
Heather: One of my favorite sweets from this festival! Loved it. Coconut without being fake and not too sweet.
Felicia: This was so good. The coconut is light, the whipped topping is light and perfectly sweet, not too much. The cake is moist and delicious but not soggy. So good and perfect on a hot day if you need (or want) a dessert.
Allyson: Give me all the coconut. Love this so much. So so good. And it’s plant-based!
Out of every drink we tried, the Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale made a good impresssion.
You’re able to purchase the Coconut Key Lime Ale at La Isla Fresca as either a 6 oz. ($5.00) or a 12 oz. ($9.00).
We definitely recommend the bigger size — it’s that delicious.
Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale
This Coconut Key Lime Ale is brewed by the Islamorada Beer Company in Islamorada, Florida.
Price: $5.00 (6 oz.) / $9.00 (12 oz.)
Made with Alcohol?: Yes
Shannon: Love love love the coconut lime combo. Refreshing. Delicious.
Heather: I absolutely love this beer. So refreshing without being too sweet.
Felicia: So good and refreshing. The coconut flavor is definitely there but not super sweet or over powering. Nice light lime taste. Easy to drink, not too heavy. Would love a full size of it.
Allyson: Really enjoyed this. The key lime really came through.
Check out our La Isla Fresca page for photos, reviews, ratings, and more.
4.7 Star Rating
Finally, there is this one item that earned a 4.7 out of 5 rating that’s not only delicious, but a great value.
Here is yet another worthwhile festival flatbread.
The Lavender Honey Mustard-marinated Chicken Flatbread is a winner at the Honey Bee-stro booth.
Not only do you get a good portion for the price, but it’s tasty too.
Lavender Honey Mustard-marinated Chicken Flatbread
Lavender Honey Mustard-marinated Chicken Flatbread with Whipped Honey-Ricotta Cheese, Marinated Vegetables, and Purple Haze Lavender Goat Cheese.
Special Diets: N/A
Shannon: The mustard taste comes through strong and the goat cheese lingers. Delicious.
Heather: Delicious – and a good size portion. Great for sharing!
Felicia: Absolutely LOVED this. The flatbread is soft with a nice little crisp that holds up well. All the toppings go together well. It’s slightly sweet and slightly savory. Yum yum yum.
Check out our Honey Bee-stro page for photos, reviews, ratings, and more.
While we do agree on the above and as often as we see eye to eye on many festival items, there are a few food and drinks that we each individually like better than others.
We thought it would be fun — and helpful — to share our individual favorites!
Broken down below are some of the food and drinks we individually rated 5 out of 5 (outside of what’s posted above).
As you’ll see, some of our favorites are the same and some are different.
The following is definitely representative of what we all like and don’t like, while also showcasing that we don’t all agree on everything (even though there is some overlap).
- Goat Cheese Creamsicle Pop — Farmers Feast (Early Bloom Menu): “Yum! Great mixtures of flavors and textures with pretty presentation.”
- Boneless Impossible Korean Short Rib — Trowel & Trellis: “Great mix of ingredients, colorful presentation, really fantastic flavors, Kimchee mayo a particular standout.”
- Seared Scallops — Northern Bloom: ” Great mix of ingredients, flavors, and nice sized portion. Loved it.”
- Beef Tenderloin Tips — Northern Bloom: “Tender beef, delicious gravy, creamy mashed potatoes.”
- Spicy Hot Dog — Pineapple Promenade: “Love the flavors and crunch. Slightly spicy.”
- Croissant au Fromage de Chevre — Fleur de Lys: “Yumyumyum. Warm and perfectly melty.”
- Arancini — Primavera Kitchen: “Crispy outside, delicious inside. Had to stop myself from eating it all so others could try it.”
- Honey-Peach Freeze (Spike the Bee Sipper) — The Honey Bee-stro: “The peach flavor is delicious and the souvenir cup is adorable.”
- Ozeki Pineapple Nigori Sake — Hanami: ” Light and refreshing especially for a sake.”
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 — Fleur de Lys: “Yum! What a delightfully light but slightly floral beer.”
- La Vie en Rose Slushy — Fleur de Lys: “Like the frozen drinks that are so popular in the France pavilion year round, this is a delicious option with a cranberry twist.”
- Blake’s Hard Cider Co. Blueberry Lemonade Hard Cider — Refreshment Outpost: “Big portion, delicious, refreshing. Yum.”
- Bayou Cocktail — Magnolia Terrace: “Hard to go wrong with rum and fruit punch. Delicious. Decent portion.”
- Parish Brewing Co. Ghost in the Machine Double IPA — Magnolia Terrace: “One of the best IPAs I’ve had. Really light and refreshing.”
- Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake — The Honey Bee-stro: ” Delicious. Loved it. Light and fresh.”
- Croissant au Fromage de Chevre — Fleur de Lys: “So very good. Warm, cheesy, and lots of flavor. LOVE!”
- Lamb Kefta Grilled Kebab — Tangierine Café: “They knock it out of the park here. Don’t sleep on these kebabs!”
- Parish Brewing Co. Bloom Hazy IPA — Trowel & Trellis: “Delicious and light and fresh. Fantastic complement to the spicy flavors in this booth.”
- Wicked Weed Brewing Orange Peel Ale — Citrus Blossom: “Another solid citrus beer option. Very light and refreshing!”
- 3 Daughters Brewing Tropical Hefe Wheat Ale — Pineapple Promenade: “Light and fresh. Love this one.”
- Lexington Brewing Tangerine Cream Ale — Refreshment Outpost: ” I really like this one – creamy while still tasting like a beer. Little bit on the sweet side. You’ve been warned.”
- Orlando Brewing Passionate Organic Blonde Ale w/ Passion Fruit — Refreshment Outpost: “Love this one, too. Honestly-I’d order any of the 3 beverage options here again.”
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Orange Coriander Wheat Ale — Magnolia Terrace: “Nom nom nom it’s good.”
- Stiegl Brewery Radler Raspberry — Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market: “Maybe it is too sweet but at this moment in my life, I really like it. Will I like it tomorrow? Maybe. But right NOW? Definitely yes.”
- Playalinda Brewing Company Ginger and Elderberry Ale — Tangierine Café: “Holy crap this is good. The aroma of this is such a delight and the flavor?! Amazing.”
- 3 Daughters Pomegranate Hard Cider — Tangierine Café: “My favorite cider of the festival. Wow.”
- B. Nektar Blackberry Mint Mead — Tangierine Café: “So freaking good. Run, don’t walk and get this one. The mint is an absolute delight.”
- Avocado Toast — Sunshine Griddle: “Beautiful dish. The portion is large, the avocado is fresh and light and the marinated tomatoes are so good. Love love loved this.”
- Taco Vampiro — Jardin de Fiestas: “Delicious. The beef has a great flavor, the shell is crispy and the sauce is a little tart and complements the taco well. The little side of corn was tasty as well. Loved it.”
- Chocolate Cake — Trowel & Trellis: “This was tasty. The cake was moist and the raspberry flavor wasn’t overwhelming. The gelato melts quickly, though.”
- Tuna Tataki Bowl — Citrus Blossom: “Love this. It had a decent amount of spice but the tuna is cooked perfectly and the mango cools down the spice. Very light and refreshing and delicious.”
- Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake — The Honey Bee-stro: “Delicious. The cheesecake is a solid cheesecake and all of the various honey components are good and add to it. Slight orange flavor.”
- Beef Tataki — Hanami: “Really enjoyed this as well. The beef is rather rare which I like. The shiso sauce was almost sweet but also vinegary. All of this paired well.”
- Chicken Yakitori — Hanami: “Surprisingly good. The chicken had great flavor and went well with the pickled onions and red pepper emulsion. Solid dish.”
- Arepas Topped with Melted Queso Fresco — La Isla Fresca: “This is very simple but I love it. The arepa is soft but sturdy so you can eat it like a mini-pizza. And it tastes kind of like a cheese pizza with no sauce.”
- Pineapple Skewer with Tajin — Refreshment Outpost: “I love Tajin and especially love it on fruit (like pineapple) so this was a nice light option. It’s a great healthy snack.”
- House-made Boudin Bite — Magnolia Terrace: “Loved this. The breading is perfectly crispy, the boudin and rice mix in the ball is flavorful and well executed. The creamy sauce has a nice zing. Good overall dish.”
- Toasted Pretzel Bread with Ham and Gruyere — Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market: “Absolutely delicious. The pretzel is soft. The ham is crispy and full of flavor and there is plenty of salty delicious cheese. Pretty filling, too.”
- Lamb Kefta Grilled Kebab — Tangierine Café: “This is also very good. Perfectly seasoned, rich flavor, and it’s tender. Chickpea and carrot salad adds a little sweetness and complements the kebab well.”
- Islamorada Beer Company Key Lime Hibiscus Ale — Citrus Blossom: “Loved this. The hibiscus and key lime flavors are mellow and the beer is so smooth. I love it.”
- Wicked Weed Brewing Fresh Pressed Mango, Pineapple, and Guava Wheat Ale — Pineapple Promenade: “Super good. Perfect amount of fruitiness. Still light and easy to drink. Great flavor.”
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Orange Coriander Wheat Ale — Magnolia Terrace: “The orange coriander flavor is good and it’s a light wheat. Loved this in the flight.”
- Wicked Weed Brewing Day Light American Light Ale — Magnolia Terrace: “Great for the heat. It’s so light and refreshing and easy to drink. Would be good for watching Garden Rocks concert.”
- Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites (without bacon) — Sunshine Griddle: “We ordered one without bacon (yes, you can ask), and these are just as good as last year. I love fried dough and cream cheese frosting. Yum! Great portion size and good for sharing.”
- Boneless Impossible Korean Short Rib — Trowel & Trellis: “A decent size portion and makes a good meal. This continues to be one of my favorite dishes at the festival.”
- House-Made Italian Sausage And Peppers Poutine — Refreshment Port: “Amazing. The best plant-based option at the festival. I will eat it over and over and over again.”
- Parish Brewing Co. Bloom Hazy IPA — Trowel & Trellis: “As a hazy IPA fan, LOVE this! I would go back and get the bigger size! But keep in mind, it’s not anything special festival-wise.”
- Blake’s Hard Cider Co. Blueberry Lemonade Hard Cider — Refreshment Outpost: “This is so good and refreshing. I want to drink this at all times on a hot day.”
- Parish Brewing Co. Ghost in the Machine Double IPA — Magnolia Terrace: “Loooove this. Definitely my favorite beer at this booth. Yum!”
- 3 Daughters Pomegranate Hard Cider — Tangierine Café: “I really love this. Such good pomegranate flavor and refreshing. Can easily drink this.”
We’d be remiss if we didn’t mention the following menu items, because they also received decent ratings.
These all earned 4 out of 5 stars and should also be on your radar, because they were very tasty.
- Chilled Potato & Leek Soup – Farmers Feast (Early Bloom Menu)
- Hibiscus Lemonade Cocktail – Farmers Feast (Early Bloom Menu)
- Grilled Baby Vegetables w/ Hummus Cream – Trowel & Trellis
- Glutenberg Blonde Ale – Northern Bloom
- Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade – Pineapple Promenade
Let us know your favorite Flower & Garden food and drink in the comments below!
Read more about this year’s Flower & Garden Festival
Be sure to check out the following links to our Epcot Flower and Garden Festival posts, where we provide information, tips, and much more.
Here’s everything we put together in 2022.
- 2022 Guide to Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival
- Where to Find Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Topiaries
- Our 7 Favorite Flower & Garden Festival Booths
- Best Food & Drinks at Epcot Flower & Garden 2022
- Best Values at Flower & Garden
- Favorite Vegetarian Options at Flower & Garden
- Best Gluten-Friendly Options at Flower & Garden
- Popular Flower & Garden Items That Really Aren’t Good
- Best Kid-Friendly Flower & Garden Menu Items
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Dates Announced
- 2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Dates Announced
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Menus Released
- 2023 Epcot International Festival of the Arts Dates Announced
- 2022 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Menus Are Here
Friday 11th of March 2022
I was surprised to see the arepas pop up on Felicia’s list. We were there the first Saturday of the festival so the lines were obviously long.
We only tried a few things, a couple of which were the queso arepas and the shrimp one. Hubby enjoyed his shrimp as there were enough good flavors for him. But my queso fresco dish was awful. It was pretty cold. Tasted like a cold disc of polenta with some sad cheese on top. I ate most of the cheese but only one of the arepas.
It was actually so bad that it ruined my appetite for the evening. At Wine Bar George I was too nauseous to eat anything! What a shame.
Speaking of polenta though, we had a beautiful breakfast at Primo Piatto earlier that day, including the mascarpone polenta which was amazing!!