Alert! Alert! We have an opening date for Epcot’s next highly-anticipated attraction.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is set to open Memorial Day weekend, according to Disney. Specifically, May 27!
Previously, Disney announced that Cosmic Rewind was slated to open sometime in summer 2022.
If you don’t know, the ride is an indoor roller coaster themed after Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and will be located in World Discovery (formerly part of Future World) and where Ellen’s Energy Adventure used to be. The height requirement is 42 inches.
Disney first announced in July 2017 at the D23 Expo that Epcot would be receiving a new Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.
Then, at the D23 Expo in August of 2019, Disney revealed the name of the new coaster would be Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and that it would feature a first-ever reverse launch for a Disney coaster.
This is considered a “family-friendly attraction” that’s also one of the longest enclosed coasters in the world. It even rotates 360 degrees!
Disney also previously noted that this is “a first-of-its-kind programmable Omnicoaster ride system, where guests can be rotated along the ride track towards the action.”
The indoor queue also includes a Galaxarium, a planetarium-like exhibition (below) showcasing the connections between Xandar and Terra (Earth).
The Galaxarium’s full viewing experience is over 30 minutes long and shows Xandar, Earth, the Andromeda, Milky Way Galaxies, and Star-Lord’s iconic Awesome Mix Vol. 1!
There’s no word yet on whether or not there will be Annual Passholder, Disney Vacation Club, and Club 33 previews. We also still don’t know if a virtual queue will be used upon opening, but we’ll keep you updated on all accounts!
Want to know what else is in store for the future of Epcot? Check out our post on all of the updates coming to the park.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue Will Have 3 Drop Times
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure At Epcot Dropping Virtual Queue In January
- The Epcot Experience Is Permanently Closing In March 2022
- The Reimagined Splash Mountain ‘Princess & The Frog’ Attraction Opening In Late 2024
- Disney H20 Glow After Hours Returns To Typhoon Lagoon Memorial Day Weekend
- Discovery Island at Animal Kingdom (Nomad Lounge, Trails, Mickey & Minnie) - October 7, 2022
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Opens January 2023 at Disneyland, Plus More Disney100 Celebration Details - October 6, 2022
- Walt’s Main Street Story & Holiday Guided Tour Returning to Disneyland Resort - October 5, 2022