You’ve got most everything paid for on your Disney World trip, but who will you need to tip? And what things will you need to pay with cash?
I’ve got info on that today, plus lots of news and a quick tip of the day.
Want even more information on tipping? You can find that in our When to Tip at Disney World blog post.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Call in your quick tip of the day
To prepare for the 100th episode, I’d love to have you call in your own quick tip of the day at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Things that require tipping or cash
Almost anytime somebody handles your luggage, you should tip $1-2/bag for their help. That includes curbside check-in at the airport, Magical Express Cast Members who load your bags on and off the bus, and when bell services helps you at your resort.
If you do not pick up your own bags at the airport and allow Disney to deliver them to your resort, tipping isn’t required because you likely won’t see the people delivering your bags.
It’s customary to tip 18-20% at all Table Service restaurants (if you’re on the Disney Dining Plan, be sure to tip based on the amount you would’ve paid). For parties of 6 or more, an 18% gratuity will automatically be included. Gratuity is also included with the price at Cinderella’s Royal Table, Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, Spirit of Aloha Luau, and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ.
Tipping can be paid with cash, credit card, or by charging to your MagicBand. That includes people on the Disney Dining Plan who can pay for their food with credits but use another payment method for handling tips.
You can also expect to tip for salon services, $1/person per day for Mousekeeping (use my cute envelopes if you’d like), valet ($2-5), and boat drivers. Most other Cast Members can’t accept tips, but you can feel free to give them thank-you notes and stop by guest relations to leave a compliment there.
I didn’t mention this in the podcast, but you can choose to tip at places that provide salon-style services such as Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop, and Pirate’s League as well if you’d like.
- 2016 packages were released and some changes were made to the offers. Check out this overview for a complete list of the changes. For people traveling in 2015, check out this list of everything that’s included.
- 2016 Disney Dining Plan prices have changed. See the list of prices here.
- Many restaurants aren’t shown as being on the list for 2016 Disney Dining Plan, but they should be added by the end of the year.
- Mears has an app for calling taxis at Disney World (available for iOS and Android).
- Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach refurbishments have been announced and are on the monthly dashboards.
- Selfie sticks have been completely banned at both Disney World and Disneyland.
- Military discounts have been extended through December.
- Captain EO will return to Epcot on July 19.
Quick tip of the day
Disney now has a GIF app to allow you to include Disney GIFs in your messages.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)