And just like that more dining options will soon be available at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.
Upon reopening, Walt Disney World only opened select restaurants. Many have wondered when other locations would become available and now we know the reopening dates for four additional spots.
Here’s what to expect and when:
- Sept. 4: Gaston’s Tavern at Magic Kingdom reopens.
- Sept. 24: Cinderella’s Royal Table returns to Magic Kingdom, but WITHOUT the princesses.
- Sept. 25: Minnie’s Seasonal Dining returns to Hollywood & Vine in Hollywood Studios. This is modified character dining with Minnie, Mickey, and friends. You can wave to the characters and take physically-distanced photos. Also, no autographs.
- Oct. 8: ABC Commissary at Hollywood Studios reopens for walk-in Quick Service for lunch only.
Important: You can make reservations for both Cinderella’s Royal Table and Minnie’s Seasonal Dining starting Sept. 11 on the official WDW website or via the My Disney Experience app.
It’s unclear if Gaston’s Tavern will have Mobile Ordering to help control crowds and social distancing. It never offered the dining feature prior to closing. Some locations still don’t offer Mobile Order, but have signage to help guests keep a safe distance in line and when eating.
As for ABC Commissary, right now it only sounds like walk-ins will be accepted and Mobile Ordering should be available for lunch.
More than likely, both Hollywood & Vine and Cinderella’s Royal Table will offer Mobile Dine Check-In, like other Table Service restaurants at WDW.
Also, seeing as Minnie’s Seasonal Dining usually serves lunch and dinner (and the park doesn’t open until 10 a.m.), Hollywood & Vine will probably continue serving lunch and dinner. The buffet option will most likely be modified for health and safety reasons.
Both locations aren’t listed as offering the feature, but, if they do, here’s what that means. Using the My Disney Experience app, guests check in for their reservations via their mobile devices rather than going to the host stand. When your table is ready, you’ll be notified on your phone (make sure your notifications for MDE are turned on!) to proceed to a specific location.
- You Can Now Book Minnie’s Seasonal Dining & Cinderella’s Royal Table
- Hollywood Scoops Reopens At Hollywood Studios
- Silver Screen Dine Returns To Hollywood & Vine In Early January 2021
- Disney Junior Character Breakfast Returning To Hollywood & Vine
- Olivia’s Cafe At Disney’s Old Key West Resort Adds Mobile Order