After months of planning your Disney World trip, what should you be doing in the final days before you leave?
I get asked that question a lot so I have some tips on doing that which will allow you to kick off your trip as relaxed as possible.
I also have a quick tip about an easy way to make sure you always have cold water while you’re at Disney World.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
What to do before your trip
I think your goal should be to start your trip off as relaxed and unanxious as possible. Try to move into vacation mode so you’re ready to have a fun trip.
Here are some suggestions for doing that:
- Pack a week ahead of time, using the Ultimate Disney World Packing List to help you remember everything you want to take with you
- Although most info is available digitally, print off all hotel, dining and FastPass+ reservation info
- Figure out if you want to buy snacks to take along or have them delivered through a service like GardenGrocer.com
- Finalize your touring plans so you’re not worried about that during your trip
- Make a final To Do List of little things that still need to be done and don’t wait until the last minute to do them
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport. You never know if there will be busy traffic or long airport security lines. Consider using vacation travel bags for kids which can keep them busy once you arrive at the airport gate.
Quick tip of the day
Just about anywhere at Disney World (including small kiosks) will give you cups of ice for free. I like doing this as an alternative to carrying water bottles which can be heavy, especially if you need several bottles of water for your family.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Do you have a pre-trip ritual or tips? I’d love to hear them in the comments.
- Don’t Miss Small World Vacations’ New Year’s 2022 Walt Disney World Offer
- What You Need To Know About Typhoon Lagoon’s January 2022 Reopening
- Disney H20 Glow After Hours Returns To Typhoon Lagoon Memorial Day Weekend
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Is No Longer Reopening In December 2021
- Parking Trams Returning To Disney World, Starting With Magic Kingdom