There are several special things you can be chosen for at Disney World like parades, shows and park openings.
Today, I’ve got an interview with somebody whose family has been chosen for all of those things. She shares her experiences and tips on getting picked for these special things that can bring a little extra magic to your trip.
I also have a quick tip that will let you know a shortcut to exiting one of the nighttime shows.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Interview with Jody Williams
Jody has a blog at https://toddjodybrent.blogspot.com where she details the various experiences they’ve been chosen for.
In this episode, she discussed being part of the Animal Kingdom parade, opening 3 of the parks and being part of the Indiana Jones show at Hollywood Studios.
Jody also shared some of her tips for increasing your odds of being chosen which include wearing matching shirts, being willing to say yes to what Cast Member’s ask (and without hesitation), arriving early and sometimes just a stroke of luck.
Here’s a video showing the Cast Member named Barbara who Jody mentioned. She makes me happy to watch.
Quick tip of the day
When you enter the theater for the Fantasmic! show at Hollywood Studios, you come in from the top left part of the theater. When you exit, go out the top right of the theater which will take you right to the front of the park.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Have you been picked for something special at Disney World? Or are you hoping to be chosen? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
- Character Sightings Are Coming To Genie+ At Walt Disney World
- Minnie Vans Returning To Disney World In Summer 2022
- Parking Trams Returning To Disney World, Starting With Magic Kingdom
- Don’t Miss Small World Vacations’ New Year’s 2022 Walt Disney World Offer
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- Disney College Program with Brooke Rogers – PREP 325 - October 4, 2022
- Recapping D23 Expo announcements with Allyson and Shannon – PREP 323 - September 20, 2022
- Planning Special Events at Disney World with Allison Mertzman – PREP 322 - September 13, 2022