When people put together trip plans, they often don’t consider some details that can really affect their trip plans.
Today, I have 6 tips for making your trip plans even better.
I also have a quick tip for you about maximizing your FastPass+ reservations.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
6 tips for making your trip plans better
- Don’t let breakfast reservations interfere with morning touring time. Make Advanced Dining Reservations at 8 a.m. or earlier to finish eating before the parks open.
- Generally avoid Extra Magic Hours. Parks that have Extra Magic Hours are usually the busiest of the day. If you want to visit during Extra Magic Hours, be sure to take full advantage and consider changing parks if/when it gets too busy.
- Pick restaurants based on where you’ll be that day to avoid excess time in transit.
- If you plan to do things late at night, don’t follow that with an early morning the next day (especially if you have young children).
- Don’t be afraid to remove things from your plans to make the pace more leisurely and less frantic.
- Eat lunch and dinner at off-peak times. Peak times are generally 12-1 p.m. for lunch and 6-7 p.m. for dinner.
Quick tip of the day
If you arrive to an attraction to use your FastPass+ reservation and the standby line his short, get into the standby line and open your phone to try to change your FastPass+ reservation to something else.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
Any other tips that you’d add to make a trip plan better?
Please share them in the comments.
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Returning in June at Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World Closing Theme Parks Due To Tropical Storm Nicole
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Things to do outside the park– PREP 349 - March 21, 2023
- Sailing Concierge on the Disney Wish– PREP 348 - March 14, 2023
- Flower and Garden Festival 2023 – PREP 347 - March 7, 2023
Monday 3rd of August 2015
Hi! Im listening to this podcast as we speak and am having trouble finding the worksheet you referred to. Is it still available?
Wednesday 26th of August 2015
Wondering the same thing...just listened to the podcast today.
Tuesday 26th of May 2015
Shannon, thank you for all of the helpful tips! I have been following you for about a year & my family had a wonderful Disney vacation earlier this month. You were also right about the post trip let down! I guess I better start planning the next one.
Friday 17th of January 2014
Hi Shannon, I love your site!! I will be visiting WDW later on this year. I have a question for you. Do you think it's a good idea to purchase the magic maker? Help please.......
Monday 20th of January 2014
She has a post comparing Memory Maker and PhotoPass+. My family used PhotoPass+ last time we went, and based on her chart Memory Maker IS worth it. You can capture memories of you and the rest of your family without someone being left out. My group is going to get it for out next trip and hopefully will be able to tell about our experience with it!
Monday 6th of January 2014
You always have such practical and common-sense advice and great tips - I love the one you mention in this podcast about trying to change the fastpass+ if you get to the line and it doesn't make sense to use it. Thanks!