Although I like most things at Disney World, there are a few things I don’t like very much.
Today, I tell you about those 5 things which include resorts, rides and a restaurant.
I also have a quick tip of the day about something you should look for at Hollywood Studios.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
The 5 things I don’t like at Disney World
- The All-Star Resorts (Music, Sports and Movies). If the goal is to stay at the most affordable location on-site, Pop Century is usually a better option since it has its own buses to the parks that don’t share with other resorts.
- Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom. This ride is just not fun to us and with the relatively high height requirement of 48″ and the often long lines, it is just not worth it to me.
- Animal Kingdom’s afternoon Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade. Compared to the parades at Magic Kingdom, this one is just boring, long, repetitive and usually uncomfortably hot.
- Stitch’s Great Escape at Magic Kingdom. This attraction which involves strapping you down and then burping on you is the most disliked attraction at Disney World (just read the Yelp reviews to see for yourself).
- Dinner at Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom. Although lunch at Be Our Guest is my favorite Quick Service meal, I don’t like dinner at Be Our Guest. It is the most difficult reservation to get and with inconsistent service and food plus the lack of character interaction at your table, I just don’t think it’s worth it.
Quick tip of the day
Look for the Singing in the Rain umbrella near the Lights, Motors, Action show at Hollywood Studios. If you stand on the pad underneath, it will usually make rain start to fall which makes for a fun photo op.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
So, what are you least favorite things at Disney World? Or are you heading out for your first trip and were surprised at some of the things I said?
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- TRON Opening April 4, 2023 at Magic Kingdom
- New Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Available For Disney+ Subscribers
- Things to do outside the park– PREP 349 - March 21, 2023
- Sailing Concierge on the Disney Wish– PREP 348 - March 14, 2023
- Flower and Garden Festival 2023 – PREP 347 - March 7, 2023
Thursday 7th of January 2021
Dinner at Be Our Guest was revamped 3 years ago. Completely different, you may reconsider. Steaks are among the best anywhere.
Saturday 9th of January 2021
This podcast is very old. Audio doesn't get updated as things change. Be Our Guest food has improved a lot.
Thursday 20th of July 2017
I have stayed at All Star Movies in 2015 and will be again in December. I wanted to try Pop Century, but that was more expensive. I will be trying the Be Our Guest for lunch. Hopefully, that will work out. I am not that crazy about Stitch's ride, but I do really enjoy the American Adventure. 130 days to go!!!
Wednesday 11th of May 2016
We've stayed at Pop Century twice and All Star Music once. I do agree Pop Century is better and they have their own bus. If you do stay at one of the other All Star resorts, keep in mind that All Star Sports usually houses all of the athletes for whatever is going on at ESPN Wide World of Sports, it has the last bus stop from the parks, and you're dealing with sometimes unsupervised teenagers on a bus. If you are short on patience, then that might not be the best option for you. Otherwise, the All Star resorts are perfectly adequate since you generally aren't spending that much time in your room. Request a room close to transportation if you're staying there or it could be a lonnnng walk to the buses every morning!!
We've done Disney enough that we knew not to ever do Stitch; I would also add It's Tough to Be a Bug to the list, it creeps out little (and big) kids and is not for everyone!
Monday 9th of May 2016
I agree with the disappointment with Winniw the Poo, but not for the same reason. I am still morning Me. Toad but soon I should be over that (it has only been about 30 years)! The Tiki Room isn't so bad because - nope got nothing here! Who isn't sick of hearing another verse of It's a Small World after sailing on that ride for eternity? The teacups - go to a carnival for the same attraction, plus it will cost you less. Snow White can be frightening for younger children & (lastly) bring back Alien Encounter!
Friday 30th of October 2015
Have had dinner twice at BOG and loved it both times. The steak and fries was terrific. Best fries ever! However, just had counter service there and had a terrible time trying to find a table. At least at night, you don't have to take your chances.