Although I like most things at Disney World, there are a few things I don’t like very much.
Today, I tell you about those 5 things which include resorts, rides and a restaurant.
I also have a quick tip of the day about something you should look for at Hollywood Studios.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
The 5 things I don’t like at Disney World
- The All-Star Resorts (Music, Sports and Movies). If the goal is to stay at the most affordable location on-site, Pop Century is usually a better option since it has its own buses to the parks that don’t share with other resorts.
- Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom. This ride is just not fun to us and with the relatively high height requirement of 48″ and the often long lines, it is just not worth it to me.
- Animal Kingdom’s afternoon Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade. Compared to the parades at Magic Kingdom, this one is just boring, long, repetitive and usually uncomfortably hot.
- Stitch’s Great Escape at Magic Kingdom. This attraction which involves strapping you down and then burping on you is the most disliked attraction at Disney World (just read the Yelp reviews to see for yourself).
- Dinner at Be Our Guest in Magic Kingdom. Although lunch at Be Our Guest is my favorite Quick Service meal, I don’t like dinner at Be Our Guest. It is the most difficult reservation to get and with inconsistent service and food plus the lack of character interaction at your table, I just don’t think it’s worth it.
Quick tip of the day
Look for the Singing in the Rain umbrella near the Lights, Motors, Action show at Hollywood Studios. If you stand on the pad underneath, it will usually make rain start to fall which makes for a fun photo op.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
So, what are you least favorite things at Disney World? Or are you heading out for your first trip and were surprised at some of the things I said?
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon: Comparing the Disney World Water Parks - September 29, 2023
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023