I’ve been making notes about several things that seem to confuse people and will help clarify those for you today.
I also have recent news and a quick tip of the day.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Notes from this episode
- The Facebook post I read for my daughter’s birthday.
- Touring plans have been updated for 2016, as well as Disney Dining Plan info.
Things that often confuse people about Disney World:
- Good times to go during the year vs. recommended parks (which are on the monthly dashboards)
- FastPass+ tiers. You can see the current tiers in the chart at the bottom of this page.
- FastPass+ return time vs. ride duration. You can arrive at any time during your FastPass+ return time (and also 5 minutes early or 15 minutes late), but rides don’t last an hour.
- Resort Airline Check-in Desk vs. Magical Express. You don’t have to be using Magical Express to use the airline check-in desk at your Disney resort. More info in my Magical Express post.
- Free Dining availability. Free Dining is almost always a fall promotion and has limited availability when it is offered. More info in my Disney Dining Plan post.
- UberFAMILY is coming to Orlando. No date has been announced. Here’s how that works.
- Star Wars Land announcements will be made by Harrison Ford on the Wonderful World of Disney special airing February 21 from 8-10 p.m. EST on ABC.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed April 4-July 15, likely to install a new ending similar to the Disneyland version of the ride.
- Joy and Sadness are rumored to begin meeting at Character Spot in Epcot in February.
Quick tip of the day
Refillable mugs can be purchased at Disney resorts. They come in 4 colors, but if you have more than 4 people, it might be handy to mix and match lid colors to create new color combos that will help you tell them apart.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)