I’ve just recently returned from a Disney World trip and have now stayed at all of the Value Resorts, so I’ve got my ranking of those for you today.
I also have lots of news to discuss and a quick tip of the day.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Value Resort overview
All Value Resorts have bright, colorful theming, are large (where available, I recommend Preferred Rooms to make your room closer to the main building and bus stop), have food courts and pizza delivery as food options (but no Table Service restaurants), use buses for transportation, and have themed pools (but no water slides).
All 3 All-Star Resorts are located next to each other, often share buses, and sometimes host big school groups for things like cheerleading competitions.
Art of Animation and Pop Century are located next to each other (you can use a bridge to walk between them), and have their own buses (they don’t share with other resorts).
My Value Resort rankings
I don’t dislike any of the Value Resorts, but there are some pros/cons of each that make some better choices than others.
#5 – All-Star Movies
With its location at the end of the All-Star Resorts, All-Star Movies is last to be picked up and dropped off when sharing buses so I’ve put it last for that reason. However, I like the theming here a lot, including the food court which I find charming.
#4 – All-Star Sports
Though it’s located first in the row of All-Star Resorts (and therefore first to be picked up and dropped off when sharing buses), it’s also the most likely to host big school groups. Sometimes other All-Star Resorts have groups as well, but All-Star Sports has more than the others.
#3 – All-Star Music
I like that All-Star Music has suites in addition to standard rooms, and this resort is located in the middle of the other 2 All-Stars which means it’s not last when sharing buses.
#2 – Art of Animation
The best theming and having direct buses make this one of my favorite Disney World resorts of all, but since most rooms are suites, the price point is much higher. The only standard rooms on property – the rooms located in the Little Mermaid section – are located really far away from the main building/bus stop, and are never part of promotions.
#1 – Pop Century
With the lowest (or nearly the lowest) prices for Disney World resort rooms, dedicated buses that don’t share w/other resorts, and the ability to walk over to Art of Animation for things like the food court or to rent surrey bikes, Pop Century is my vote for best bang for your buck.
- Purple MagicBands are now available as a color option to guests staying in Disney World resorts.
- Rivers of Light is coming to Animal Kingdom starting on April 22.
- Frozen Ever After should be opening at Epcot on May 27.
- Disney Dining Plan costs have gone up $2-3 per person per day.
- Joy and Sadness are coming to Epcot in April.
Quick tip of the day
When using online check-in for your Disney World resort, opt in to text messages to be notified when your resort room is ready. As long as you have your MagicBands, you’ll be able to go to your room without stopping by the front desk.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- New Summer 2021 Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Now Available
- Summer 2021 Disney World Hotel Offer For Passholders & Florida Residents
- 2021 Disney World Holiday Room Offers Now Available For Select Guests
- Reopening Dates Announced For Port Orleans Resorts, All-Star Music & Sports
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort Is Set To Reopen In February 2021
- Tom’s U.K. Disney Cruise to Nowhere – PREP288 - September 24, 2021
- Jessica’s surprise birthday trip for her son – PREP287 - September 17, 2021
- How to get from the Orlando airport to Disney World - September 9, 2021