Character meals are the most popular dining reservations at Disney World, but not all are created equal. Today, I have my favorites for you.
I also have a bit of news and a quick tip for people to consider when booking their Disney World resort room.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Packing list app
The WDW Prep Packing List app is available in the Apple App Store.
Character meal overview
Each park has 1-3 character meals, and several are located in resorts. The ones in the parks can be booked starting at 8 a.m. (which is usually an hour before the parks open) and Disney always provides transportation to get there. For the full list and more info, see my character meal guide.
Best character meals
- Best food – Garden Grill, Tusker House, Akershus breakfast, Cape May Cafe breakfast, Crystal Palace, and Ohana
- Best Disney Dining Plan values – Garden Grill, Akershus, Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine dinner, Chef Mickey’s, 1900 Park Fare (see this list for more info)
- Best classic character meals – Garden Grill, Tusker House, Chef Mickey’s, Ohana
- Best princess meal – Akershus
- Best overall – Garden Grill, Akershus, Ohana, Tusker House, and Cape May Cafe
- Frozen Ever After is no longer scheduled to open on May 27 at Epcot. Opening date will likely be later.
- FastPass+ for Wishes are not showing availability after April 20.
- Premium parking is being tested at the parks to guarantee a spot in a closer lot.
Quick tip of the day
People considering staying at The Polynesian should look at Polynesian Villa Studio rooms which often work out better than standard rooms for many people. Check out my comparison graphic for more information.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- More Dining Opening At Disney World, Including New Chef Mickey’s Dinner
- Polynesian Village Resort Reopens July 19 At Walt Disney World
- ‘Ohana & More Dining Locations Are Reopening At Disney World & Disneyland
- Character Sightings Are Coming To Genie+ At Walt Disney World
- Tusker House Will Reopen At Animal Kingdom In June With Modifications