Today I have some random info to share with you including a bit about the anniversary of the site and meeting with some readers over the weekend. I also have 5 tech tips that could help you with your Disney World trip.
And, finally, I have a quick tip of the day about something you should be sure to pack in your luggage.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
3rd anniversary of the site
It’s the 3rd anniversary of the site! Listen to episode 38 (2nd anniversary episode) to hear the story behind how/why I started the site on Mother’s Day 2012.
Five tips that might come in handy for your Disney World trip:
- If you want to use digital boarding passes for flights and have an iPhone, I recommend texting the pass to yourself, clicking the mobile link and then adding to Passbook.
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with burst mode on your iPhone camera which will help you take pics of things that move during your trip (such as parades, the monorail, and children who are always in motion).
- To get wide shots, be sure to take advantage of the panoramic mode on your phone camera.
- When recording video, always remember to turn your phone to landscape since videos outside of your phone are almost always wide instead of tall.
- If you use Gmail for email, you can add a + sign to the end which can make it easier to filter things as they arrive in your inbox. For example, [email protected] is something you could use for all Disney-related emails, and then you can set a filter to put all messages sent to that email address into a separate folder.
- The Express Order app (which allows you to pre-order food at Hollywood Studios) test has been extended through May 18.
- Free Dining availability has popped up recently so be sure to check it if you struggled to find it for your dates previously.
- An early fall promotion is also now available.
- Starting May 14, you can order “Park Packs” mystery boxes from Disney which will cost $39.95 and be shipped on the 1st Thursday of each month.
Quick tip of the day
Take a spare bag in your luggage to use for several different things such as going to the pool/water park, to leave things with luggage services on your departure day, carrying souvenirs home, or using to do laundry.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- New Car Locator Feature Coming to My Disney Experience & Disneyland Apps
- Disney KiteTails at Animal Kingdom Is Ending For Good
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Opens January 2023 at Disneyland, Plus More Disney100 Celebration Details
- More Than 350 New Disney Vacation Club Cabins Will Replace Existing Cabins at Fort Wilderness
- Erin C.’s trip with two little ones to Disney World– PREP 358 - May 23, 2023
- What is the best way to get from MCO to WDW? - May 16, 2023
- Competing at The Summit and a Disney World vacation with Misty O – PREP 357 - May 16, 2023
Thursday 28th of May 2015
Hi! I'm excited about the Park packs, too! But, I would love to see what you may offer, as well! Do you think you will still go ahead with your own version?
Wednesday 13th of May 2015
Do you have any advice for taking night time and fireworks pictures with the I Phone? Thanks for the great info!
Tuesday 12th of May 2015
Hey! I was really excited when I heard in your news about the park packs. I was wondering where I would order them from? I know they don't start orders until the 14th but just wanted more info on them. When you search park packs it just brings up packages for vacations, HELP! lol Thanks for all you do and I hope you had a great Mother's Day and thank you for all you do!
Tuesday 12th of May 2015
Hi, Beck - The Park Packs will be available in the Disney Parks online store - http://www.disneystore.com/disney-parks-product/mn/1001081/