Today I have info on how to do Disney World with teens in a discussion that includes my assistant, Heather. We share our thoughts on when to go, how to plan your days, and suggested places to eat.
I also have a quick tip of the day for people hoping to book a princess meal and makeover together.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Disney World with teen suggestions
- When to go – plan around school schedules which often means going during spring breaks and summers. Might also consider a long weekend for teen-friendly events like Star Wars Weekends.
- Where to stay – on-site options could give older teens more freedom to navigate on their own. Off-site options gives you more space and privacy.
- Making a daily plan – get teens involved in planning. Consider adding Universal to a Disney World trip.
- Choosing dining – narrow down a list and have teens pick. Consider options like Sci-Fi Diner, restaurants that non-picky teens might like (such as many in the World Showcase), character meals are still fun for many teens, and then there are fun/ornery restaurants like Whispering Canyon Cafe or 50s Prime Time Cafe.
- Park touring – have them prioritize what they must do, keep in mind that teens can still be tired and need breaks, and consider adjusting plans as necessary (which might include rescheduling FastPass+ reservations for later).
- Adding extra magic – consider ordering in-room celebrations from the Disney Florist if staying on-site, many teens are old enough to go on backstage tours that have age requirements, provide gift and arcade cards, and get teens involved in pin trading or collecting.
- The schedule for the 24 hour event has been announced
- A Frozen themed in-room celebration is now available
- There’s a new Indiana Jones-themed restaurant coming to Disney Springs in fall 2015
Quick tip of the day
If you’re staying on-site and hoping to book a Cinderella Royal’s Table/Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique combo, consider booking it toward the end of your trip since both are available 180 days before your trip begins. Doing it this way will make it easier to get the times you want.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- New Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Available For Disney+ Subscribers
- New Disney World Resort Offer Available For Disney Visa Cardmembers
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholder 2022 Holiday Room Discount Now Available
- 2022 Disney+ Subscriber Holiday Offer Announced For Walt Disney World Resort
- New Early 2023 Disney World Resort Hotel Discount Available For Passholders