I’ve just returned from our 2nd annual mom/daughter end-of-college-year trip that included a couple of days at Disney World where we got to try several new things. I have info on that today.
I also have a quick tip about how and when to cancel your dining reservations at Disney World.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
My review of The Grand Residences Riviera Cancun
New things we tried at Disney World
- Old Key West – we loved it and it has now become one of our favorites. See some of my pics from there.
- Rebel Hangar at Hollywood Studios. This option is available 7 days a week during the time period that Star Wars Weekends takes place. We gave it a 6 out of 10. Read my review and see pics.
- Saw preview of Tomorrowland at Epcot – loved the preview, and plan to see the full movie. Captain EO may be going away permanently.
- The Boathouse restaurant in Downtown Disney – loved the food and atmosphere. Reservations available at both OpenTable and through the Disney Dining system. The restaurant is 2 Table Service credits on the Disney Dining Plan.
- Be Our Guest breakfast – good food, recommend taking the pastries to go and pre-ordering online up to 30 days beforehand.
- Trader Sam’s at The Polynesian – not as much charm as the Disneyland location, much easier to get a seat outside than outside, but bring bug spray
- Snapchat geo-stickers – you can find stickers for Orlando, in each park, in sections of the parks, and at some specific rides
Did not get to try
I wanted to try the new Express Order app as we were waiting for Fantasmic to begin, but when I tried 30 minutes beforehand, they said they were no longer accepting orders. If you want to test it, I’d suggest placing your order more than 30 minutes ahead of time.
Quick tip of the day
You can cancel almost all dining reservations by midnight the night before without any penalty (though Disney officially says it’s 24 hours ahead of time). For more info about when all reservations can be made or canceled, see my post on this topic.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️