Not all personality types love Disney World trips as much as others, so I have advice today on tailoring your plans for various personalities.
I also have news and a quick tip of the day regarding refillable mugs.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Myers-Briggs type indicators and Disney World trips
Planning by types:
- EJ types (ESTJ, ENFJ, ENTJ and ESFJ) are the most likely to enjoy the typical Disney World trips that include being around lots of people and having a structure in place.
- IJ types (INFJ, ISFJ, INTJ, and ISTJ) are likely to enjoy the structure of Disney World trips but not the crowds, so good touring plans to avoid crowds plus afternoon breaks will be helpful for allowing these types to recharge and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- IP types (INFP, INTP, ISTP, and ISFP) are the least likely to enjoy a typical Disney World trip because they will often feel boxed in by all of the plans. A trip with more spontaneity and freedom will be more appealing to IPs. See podcast episode 87 on doing Disney World without a lot of advanced planning for help with that.
- EP types (ENFP, ESFP, ENTP, and ESFP) are more about the journey than the destination and will likely enjoy learning about things as they plan and taking their time getting to Orlando (perhaps on a road trip or by train).
- The Great Movie Ride has had a few updates including signage and the pre-show
- Food and Wine Festival has had some details announced recently, including the Eat to the Beat concert lineup. See my Food and Wine Festival overview for 2015 for more info.
- Harambe Market in the Africa section of Animal Kingdom has opened. See the complete list of Animal Kingdom dining options for more info.
- Rapid Fill refillable mugs have had the pricing change recently. The 1, 2 and 3 day options have gone away and the length-of-stay pricing is now $16.49 instead of $17.99.
Quick tip of the day
A listener named Lisa emailed me with this tip: take your refillable mugs to the food court to fill them up, and then return to your room and pour them into the disposable cups in your room and take the disposable cups to the parks with you. This will keep you from having to carry around your refillable mugs all day.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you're used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)