The holidays just expanded at Disneyland!
Disney Parks Blog announced a brand new holiday-themed After Hours event with limited capacity is coming to Disneyland Park for a short time in November and December of this year.
As detailed by Disney, “Since Mickey Mouse adores the holidays and celebrating with friends, he’s invited some of them to help host six themed parties in one throughout Disneyland park.”
There’s a lot to know about the After Hours event, so let’s get to it!
Dates, Times, & Prices
The event will take place on Nov. 11, Nov. 16, Nov, 30, Dec. 7, and Dec. 9.
You can purchase tickets starting Sept. 14, 2021 no earlier than 9 a.m. on Disneyland.com or via the Disneyland app.
The event allows you admission to the park starting at 5 p.m. (no theme park reservation is required) and the party will take place from 8 p.m. to midnight.
Here’s a full breakdown of pricing. General admission starts at $165 per person (ages 3+). Parking is not included.
Keep in mind that tickets are not available for purchase on the day of the event and they are also non-refundable. They may not be resold or transferred. There is a limit of 8 tickets per person per event.
At this time, you can only pay with a credit cart (no Disney Gift Cards).
Disney Merriest Nites Festivities
There’s quite a bit to expect at the event, including, of course, the chance to ride select attractions with low wait times, including “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
Important: Access to Mickey’s Toontown, Critter Country and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will not be available during event hours.
Here’s what else to expect:
- Unlimited digital Photopass downloads (for 45 days after initial capture)
- Character appearances, including rare and classic Disney characters dressed in their holiday best and even Santa Claus, himself
- Snow on Main Street, U.S.A
- Themed-photo backdrops
- Specialty food and beverages
- Disney Merriest Nites-themed merchandise available during the event
- Guests can dress as their favorite character during the event (more costume guidelines here)
Character-Themed Holiday Parties
That’s right, there are six different parties hosted by select characters across the park. They sound like so much fun!
Victorian-Themed Party on Main Street, U.S.A.
Mickey welcomes you to the party on Main Street with Victorian flair, along with Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and their friends traveling in a special coach with Christmas carol sing-alongs, Muppet antics, and a few chickens.
Feliz Navidad Party in Frontierland
A dance-filled fiesta featuring Coco’s Miguel.
New Orleans Holiday in New Orleans Square
Princess Tiana rings in Noel with guests at her bayou-inspired celebration (beignets and beads, included).
Frozen-Themed Party in Fantasyland
A wintertime celebration with Elsa.
Tropical Party in Adventureland
A tropical party hosted by none other than Lilo & Stitch.
Tomorrowland Party in Tomorrowland
Buzz Lightyear takes the holidays to new heights with help from a DJ and more.
If you don’t want to attend the After Hours event, thankfully there are still plenty of holiday events to enjoy during regular park hours at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, including the parade and fireworks at Disneyland.
Read more about Disneyland Resort’s holiday festivities, which officially kick off Nov. 12, 2021 and run through Jan. 9, 2022.
If you’re interested in visiting Disneyland during the holidays and want help planning, a travel agent at Small World Vacations can help!
- Walt’s Main Street Story & Holiday Guided Tour Returning to Disneyland Resort
- Disneyland Announces 2022 Holiday Events, Including World of Color – Season of Light
- Disneyland After Dark Events Return in 2023 With a New Princess Theme
- New 2022 Disneyland Summer Ticket Offer Now Available For California Residents
- After Hours Coming to Epcot, H20 Glow Returning to Typhoon Lagoon