Disney World park tickets are expensive and can be confusing to figure out. Today, I have info on which options are available and who should choose each one.
I also have a quick tip about your techie setup when making hard-to-get dining and FastPass+ reservations.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
I was recently a guest on the Disney Dose podcast. You can listen to that episode at https://disneydose.com/magicband/#axzz39wFlI2q6
These are the types of tickets that you can get for your Disney World trip:
- Base tickets – allows you entry into 1 park for each day of your trip
- Base tickets with the Park Hopper option – flat rate fee on top of the price of base tickets that allows you to enter more than 1 park per day. Read my article on who should make use of Park Hoppers for more info.
- Base tickets with Water Parks Fun and More – flat rate fee that allows you to enter 1 park per day plus entries into extra things like the water parks, DisneyQuest, the 2 miniature golf courses and Oak Tree golf course (anybody planning to go to a water park should probably get this option since the cost is basically the same)
- Base tickets with both Park Hoppers and Water Parks Fun and More – allows you to park hop and entry into the extra places (buying both gives you a reduced flat fee compared to buying them each separately)
- No expiration tickets –
most tickets expire within 14 days of first being used but adding the No Expiration option allows you to use them anytime. These make sense for people who know they’ll be back to Disney World but won’t be spending more than 10 days in 1 year.(No expiration tickets were discontinued in February 2015)
- Annual passes – unlimited entry into the theme parks for 1 year which makes sense for people who will spend more than 10 days per year there and sometimes makes sense for people only making 1 trip.
People buying a package will pay full price through Disney since packages require you to book a hotel and park tickets (and you can add a Disney Dining Plan optionally).
For current full-price ticket prices, see https://www.mousesavers.com/regular-walt-disney-world-ticket-prices/
See my comparison of ticket prices (which is now outdated since Disney increased their ticket prices) at https://wdwprepschool.com/where-to-find-the-best-disney-world-ticket-deals-cheapest-discounts/
Quick tip of the day
You can use multiple devices (computers, tablets, smartphones) when trying to get dining or FastPass+ reservations. This might make it easier to get difficult reservations, especially if you have multiple people logging on at once. You will not be logged out of My Disney Experience by doing it this way.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon: Comparing the Disney World Water Parks - September 29, 2023
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023