There are lots of activities to do at Disney World resorts, and some of them are not only great, but won’t cost you a thing.
It’s also the one-year anniversary of the podcast and I have a quick tip of the day about when to buy some types of Disney World tickets.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
My post with 50 quick tips from all podcast episodes can be found at 100 tips
Best free things to do at Disney World resorts
All of these things are mentioned in my post about things to do at Disney World resorts, but these are the best free things from that list:
- Campfire with Chip and Dale at Ft. Wilderness – bring your own marshmallows or buy them at Chuck Wagon there. Held at 7 p.m. in the fall/winter and 8 p.m. in the spring/summer.
- View Magic Kingdom fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant from Magic Kingdom-area resorts – Wilderness Lodge doesn’t have a great view of the fireworks due to the height of the trees, the music from the fireworks is piped in to some of the resorts
- Boardwalk entertainment – see jugglers, magicians, midway games, etc., on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights
- Animal activities at Animal Kingdom Lodge – participate in various things such as flamingo feeds, viewing animals with night vision binoculars and animal tracking
- Decorate cookies at Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge, daily at 1 p.m.
- Take a guided tour of Wilderness Lodge – held Wednesday-Saturday at 9 a.m.
Quick tip of the day
Consider buying party tickets or water park tickets at Disney World and not before you go if you’re concerned about the weather. Some party dates will sell out so you’d want to buy ahead of time for popular parties but most will not.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon: Comparing the Disney World Water Parks - September 29, 2023
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023