There are lots of activities to do at Disney World resorts, and some of them are not only great, but won’t cost you a thing.
It’s also the one-year anniversary of the podcast and I have a quick tip of the day about when to buy some types of Disney World tickets.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
My post with 50 quick tips from all podcast episodes can be found at https://wdwprepschool.com/50-disney-world-tips/
Best free things to do at Disney World resorts
All of these things are mentioned in my post about things to do at Disney World resorts, but these are the best free things from that list:
- Campfire with Chip and Dale at Ft. Wilderness – bring your own marshmallows or buy them at Chuck Wagon there. Held at 7 p.m. in the fall/winter and 8 p.m. in the spring/summer.
- View Magic Kingdom fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant from Magic Kingdom-area resorts – Wilderness Lodge doesn’t have a great view of the fireworks due to the height of the trees, the music from the fireworks is piped in to some of the resorts
- Boardwalk entertainment – see jugglers, magicians, midway games, etc., on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights
- Animal activities at Animal Kingdom Lodge – participate in various things such as flamingo feeds, viewing animals with night vision binoculars and animal tracking
- Decorate cookies at Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge, daily at 1 p.m.
- Take a guided tour of Wilderness Lodge – held Wednesday-Saturday at 9 a.m.
Quick tip of the day
Consider buying party tickets or water park tickets at Disney World and not before you go if you’re concerned about the weather. Some party dates will sell out so you’d want to buy ahead of time for popular parties but most will not.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)