Even though it’s not as big of as a celebration in the parks, there are special ways Disney World celebrates Easter.
This year, Easter Sunday falls on April 17 and the following events will only run for a limited time.
Let’s take a look at the different Easter options that are and aren’t happening at Disney World in 2022.
Confirmed Easter Events at Disney World
The Grand Cottage
New this year at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is The Grand Cottage, a cute stand for guests to purchase Easter treats (just like they can at Grand Floridian’s gingerbread house during the holidays).
A range of treats are sold here, including, but not limited to: fudge, chocolate bunnies, hot cross buns, cupcakes, whoopie pies, and more.
The treat stand is open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. through April 18, 2022.
You can find The Grand Cottage in the main lobby area.
Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt
The Egg-stravangaza Scavenger Hunt (say that 5 times fast) is an Easter-themed activity that’s available for a limited-time at Epcot during the Flower & Garden Festival.
This year, the scavenger hunt that allow guests to hunt for Disney characters on oversized eggs around World Showcase began on March 31.
You can purchase a map and stickers for $9.99 (plus tax) at Creations Shop, Port of Entry, and World Traveler (available while supplies last).
Once you’re finished, you can bring your completed map to Creations Shop, Port of Entry, Disney Traders, or World Traveler, where can choose one tumbler featuring either Orange Bird, Spike the Bee, or Figment.
This is similar to other festival-exclusive scavenger hunts, like Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration scavenger hunt that occurs every year throughout the entirety of Flower & Garden.
Special Easter Treats
Every year the parks and resorts have Easter goodies available to purchase for a limited time. Check out this year’s available treats below. We gathered the following information from the official 2022 Disney Easter Foodie Guide, which was released on April 7.
You can find a Coconut Sugar Bunny Cupcake at the following resorts from April 10 through April 23. You can also Mobile Order it. It’s a carrot cake cupcake filled with pineapple topped with cream cheese buttercream and a coconut sugar bunny.
- Landscape of Flavors at Art of Animation Resort
- Centertown Market at Caribbean Beach Resort
- Sassagoula Floatworks at Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Riverside Mill at Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Everything Pop at Pop Century Resort
All-Star Movies, All-Star Music, and All-Star Sports
- Spring Into Easter: Strawberry mousse with blueberry compote and lemon curd on vanilla cake (New)
Location: World Premiere Food Court (Movies), Intermission Food Court (Music), and End Zone Food Court (Sports). Available on Mobile Order from April 10 through 23.
Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Raspberry Fields: Pistachio financier, raspberry gelée, lemon curd, and a white chocolate glaçage (New)
Location: The Mara (available on Mobile Order from April 10 through 17)
- Cotton Tails Daiquiri: Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Chambord liqueur, pure cane syrup, lime juice, and raspberry garnished with an orange peel (New)
Location: Belle Vue Lounge (available through April 30)
- Chocolate-covered Strawberry ‘Carrots’: Strawberries dipped in orange-colored white chocolate and striped to resemble carrots (New)
- Easter Moon Pie: Sugar cookies with marshmallow filling, dipped in semisweet chocolate and decorated with holiday décor (New)
- Coconut Macaroon Nest: Traditional giant coconut macaroon with pastel chocolate and sprinkles and caramel chocolate Easter eggs (New)
- Cannoli: Traditional cannoli with pastel holiday décor
- Mickey Brownie: Ganache brownies with holiday sprinkles
Location: BoardWalk Bakery (available on Mobile Order from April 10 through 17)
- Easter Basket: Empress Gin, Bols Crème de Banana liqueur, grenadine, and pineapple smoothie garnished with a candied marshmallow (New)
Location: BoardWalk Joe’s (available through April 30)
- The Easter Hunt: Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Midori Liqueur, and piña colada garnished with maraschino cherries and a candied marshmallow (New)
Location: Leaping Horse (available through April 30)
Caribbean Beach Resort
- Coconut Sugar Bunny Cupcake: Carrot cake cupcake filled with pineapple and topped with cream cheese buttercream and a coconut sugar bunny
Location: Spyglass Grill (reopening April 14; easter treat available through April 23)
- Three-course Dinner: Three-course tasting menu for the 50th Anniversary Celebration with an Easter-themed dessert enhancement (New)
Location: California Grill (available on April 17)
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes: Mini carrot cake cupcake topped with cream cheese icing, coconut, and a sugar carrot (New)
Location: Chef Mickey’s (available on April 17)
- Easter Bunny Cupcake: Carrot cake filled with cream cheese icing topped with buttercream and white chocolate bunny ears (New)
- Easter Chocolate Bark: Dark chocolate bark topped with Jelly Beans and sprinkles (New)
- Easter Macarons: Assorted macarons filled with raspberry marshmallow, lemon buttercream, and dark chocolate ganache (New)
- Easter Sugar Cookie Sandwich: Sugar cookies with strawberry marshmallow buttercream and sprinkles (New)
Location: Contempo Cafe (available on Mobile Order through April 20)
Coronado Springs Resort
- Bird of Paradise Refresher: Strawberry, lemonade, passionfruit juice and passionfruit boba on ice (non-alcoholic) (New)
- Cinnamon Twist Cold Brew: Cold brew coffee, sweet cream, and cinnamon syrup topped with cinnamon whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon dust (non-alcoholic) (New)
Location: Barcelona Lounge
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Peanut Butter Bunny Cookie: Peanut butter cookie cup with buttercream, sugar bunny, and spring sprinkles (New)
- Bunny Blondie Pop: Brown butter blondie with mini chocolate chips, and dried cherries enrobed in white chocolate to resemble a bunny (New)
- Spring Birds Nest Donut: Chocolate sponge cake donut glazed and garnished with a crunchy chocolate nest and sugar eggs (New)
Location: Gasparilla Island Grill (available on Mobile Order through April 18)
- Easter Overlay on Existing Desserts
Location: Narcoossee’s (available on April 17)
Old Key West Resort
- Spring Time Cupcake: Yellow cupcake filled with lemon curd topped with strawberry buttercream and a butterfly white chocolate garnish and springtime quins (available April 12 through June 10) (New)
- Carrot Cake: Carrot cake with cream cheese icing and white chocolate carrot garnish (available April 12 through 17) (New)
- Easter Chick Brownie: Fudge brownie with dark and white chocolate garnish to look like a hatching chick (available April 12 through 17) (New)
Location: Good’s Food to Go
- Easter Dessert Trio: A trio of mini desserts including fruit tart, chocolate cupcake with Easter quins, and a strawberry lemon bar (New)
Location: Olivia’s Cafe (available April 16 through 17)
Polynesian Village Resort
- Hoppy Easter Cupcake: Vanilla cupcake with raspberry fluff filling, buttercream, chocolate easter bunny, and Jelly Beans (New)
- Easter Bunny Dome Cake: Carrot dome cake, cream cheese filling, white chocolate glaçage, buttercream, and rice paper butterfly
Location: Capt. Cook’s (available on Mobile Order from April 10 through 17)
- Easter Soft-serve: Pink vanilla soft-serve with toasted marshmallow flavors topped with Easter sprinkles
Location: Pineapple Lanai (available April 16 through 18)
- Strawberry Milk Chocolate Bunny: Milk chocolate mousse filled with strawberry cheesecake (New)
Location: Le Petit Cafe (available April 16 through 17)
- Caramel Cream Easter Egg: Vanilla mousse, caramel center, dark chocolate shell, pistachio crumble, and chocolate sorbet (New)
Location: Topolino’s Terrace (available April 16 through 17)
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Easter Chick Brownie: Fudge brownie with dark and white chocolate garnish to look like a hatching chick (New)
- Carrot Cake Cupcake: Carrot cake cupcake with roasted pineapple filling topped with cream cheese icing and pastel-colored white chocolate bunny (New)
- Easter Bundt Cake: Confetti bundt cake filled with a white chocolate mousse and green grass buttercream topped with colorful jellybeans (New)
Location: The Artist’s Palette (available on Mobile Order from April 12 through 17)
- Chocolate Bunny: Dark chocolate bunny with Easter quins and jellybeans (available April 16 through 17) (New)
- Bunny Cupcake: Carrot cupcake with cream cheese icing topped with a white chocolate confetti cake pop bunny (available April 16 through 18) (New)
Location: Roaring Fork (available on Mobile Order)
Yacht & Beach Club Resort
- Easter Cupcake: Mickey vanilla cupcake filled with vanilla mousse and decorated like a bouquet of flowers
- Mickey & Minnie Easter Eggs: Chocolate Easter egg decorated to look like Mickey and Minnie with a Happy Easter tag
- Trio of Fudge: Strawberry fudge, orange white chocolate fudge, and a rich dark chocolate fudge (New)
- Easter Chocolate Cookie Lollipop: An Easter chocolate cookie sandwich lollipop (New)
- Cookies & Cream Cheesecake: Cookies and cream flavored cheesecake with a dark chocolate cookie crumble base, ganache, cookie crumbles, and modeling chocolate bunny décor (New)
- Robin’s Egg Blueberry Macaroons: Three large robin-colored macaroons filled with a ring of blueberry ganache, and a blueberry jam center on a crispy chocolate nest (New)
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies: A pack of three brightly colored lemon-flavored crinkle cookies
Location: The Beach Club Marketplace and The Market at Ale and Compass (available on Mobile Order through April 17)
- Easter Trifle: Carrot cake, cream cheese mousse, carrot cake croutons, and malted Easter eggs (New)
Location: Amorette’s Patisserie (available April 14 through 17)
- Bourbon Boozy Bunnies: Chocolate bunnies filled with sipping chocolate and bourbon (non-alcohol version available)
- Minnie Easter Piñata: Chocolate sphere filled with candied Easter eggs
Location: The Ganachery (available April 1 through 17)
- Easter Fancy Sprinkle: Birthday cake topped with vanilla buttercream and finished with exclusive Easter sprinkles
- Chocolate Bunny: Dark chocolate cake, chocolate ganache core, chocolate cream cheese frosting topped with a ladle of chocolate ganache (New)
Location: Sprinkles (available April 11 through 17)
On Easter Sunday, you can usually make reservations at select Table Service restaurants for Easter Brunch.
The menu items offered are usually served for breakfast or lunch at the restaurant, but you can’t normally order these at the same time. You may even want to try the lemon-blueberry ricotta pancakes, which are new and only seasonal.
Here’s what’s featured on Steakhouse 71’s Easter Brunch menu:
- Walt’s Prime Rib Hash ($18): Seared Prime Rib, Fried Potatoes, Caramelized Onions & Peppers topped with a Fried Egg
- Floridian Eggs Benedict ($19): Two-poached Eggs and Crab Cake with Hollandaise atop Toasted English Muffins served with Breakfast Potatoes
- Bacon & Eggs ($15): Maple-lacquered Pork Belly, Smoked Cheese Grits, Perfect Egg
- French Onion Soup ($10): Rich Beef Broth, Crouton, Gratinée Cheese
Note: This menu will also be offered for Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 8 from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Here’s where guests could make reservations fro Easter brunch in 2021:
- Olivia’s Café at Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Ale & Compass Restaurant at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- Whispering Canyon Café at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Elaborate Chocolate Easter Egg Displays
One of the most impressive Easter celebrations to happen at Disney World are the giant chocolate Easter egg displays.
Pastry chefs create these massive pieces of edible art in the shape of Easter eggs that also feature favorite Disney elements, like characters and park icons.
You can usually find these eggs at a range of Disney Resort hotels. This year, they’ve been spotted at Grand Floridian (through April 18). There are 27, to be exact.
From an impressive Cinderella Coach display celebrating the 50th anniversary, to Spaceship Earth, to Baby Yoda, to Frozen, there’s an egg for most everyone.
You can also find smaller, yet still very impressive, egg displays at Contemporary (through April 20 on the fourth floor), Yacht Club, and Beach Club (through April 17).
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort: Lobby area (March 26-April 4)
- Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort & Spa: Lobby area, concierge level, and Grand Floridian Café lobby (March 15-April 4)
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort: Carriage House (April 1-11)
- Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort: Beach Club lobby, Yacht Club lobby, Ale & Compass Restaurant, The Market at Ale & Compass (March 18-April 4)
Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny Meet and Greet
Meeting the Easter Bunny has been a tradition for many of us since we were little kids and sometimes Disney World continues with that tradition.
Over the past years, guests visiting Magic Kingdom have had the chance to meet Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny between the Chamber of Commerce and City Hall.
Typically, this meet and greet runs for about a couple weeks leading up to Easter Sunday, which is April 17 this year. A Disney PhotoPass photographer is also usually available to take photos.
In 2021, Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny made a socially-distanced appearance at Magic Kingdom — and that continues this year.
This year, you can spot Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny in the Magic Kingdom hub closest to Crystal Palace for socially-distanced fun.
Since traditional character meet and greets don’t return to Disney World until as early as April 18 (after Easter), you can only take distanced photos with them.
Build Your Own Easter Basket
At the resorts, you can build your own Easter basket or even pre-made totes or trays.
There is an initial charge of $7.00 for pre-made baskets and $4.00 for pre-made totes or trays.
For baskets, Cast Members will build it, which includes a traditional Easter basket, grass, wrap, gift tag, and bow.
Whatever you choose to put in the basket is an additional charge for the going price of that item. But, you don’t have to use items purchased at Disney. You can fill the basket with items you’ve purchased elsewhere.
Depending, some resorts may even offer the option of having these Easter baskets delivered by Easter “bunnies” to rooms early Easter Sunday between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m.
This delivery option is complimentary.
As you can see above, there are also pre-made baskets, but they can be customized.
Some aren’t cheap and range in price. We’ve seen them priced at around $99, $103, $104, and $123. It just depends what you purchase.
You can usually attend a religious service on Easter Sunday at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, but that won’t be the case in 2022.
This year, the Contemporary has a sign detailing a list of local churches offering in-person services or live-stream offerings. The churches are St. Luke’s United Methodist Church and Mary Queen of the Universe Basilica.
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
Address: 4851 S. Apopka Vineland Road Orlando, Florida 32819
In-Person (contemporary and traditional services are available)
- Holy Thursday Service: Thursday, April 14 at 7 p.m.
- Good Friday Service: Friday, April 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- Easter Service: Sunday, April 17 at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Live Stream (traditional service)
- Holy Thursday Service: Thursday, April 14 at 7 p.m.
- Good Friday Service: Friday, April 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- Easter Service: Sunday, April 17 at 11 a.m.
Mary Queen of the Universe Basilica
Address: 8300 Vineland Road Orlando, Florida 32821
- Easter Service: Sunday, April 17 at 8 a.m., 10 a.m., and 12 p.m.
- Holy Thursday Service: Thursday, April 14 at 6 p.m.
- Easter Service: Sunday, April 17 at 10 a.m.
In the past, the services have taken place in the Fantasia Ballroom at different times, usually at 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. for Catholic Mass and at 9:15 a.m. for Protestant Service. Reservations and/or registration were never required to attend.
Disney World always has merchandise on sale for most holidays and Easter is no different.
There are a range of items available for purchase, including on shopDisney, like this Winnie the Pooh Easter Series Collectible Keys (above). Each bind box contains a key featuring one of five different characters or a mystery chaser key.
Check out more via this Easter gift guide on Disney Parks Blog.
If more special Easter items for this year are released, we’ll be sure to share!
While not a full-fledged parade, Disney World is known for having an Easter-themed cavalcade of sorts that runs about 15 minutes before each showing of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom.
You can usually see it closer to Easter, like a day before the actual holiday and then on Easter.
This year, the pre-parade features Cast Members in Easter attire, Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny, characters from Fantasia, and operatic chicken Clara Cluck. The song “Easter Parade” and “Spring, Spring, Spring” also plays.
However, the Azalea Trail Minds are not part of the parade in 2022.
The Azaela Trail Maids consist of a group of 50 young women chosen every year to serve as “Official Ambassadors” for Mobile, Alabama.
The Azalea Trail Maids wear ruffled pastel dresses and hoop skirts. This has been a 40-year-long-plus tradition at Disney World for the group to march on Easter.
Obviously, the Easter pre-parade didn’t run in 2020 due to the pandemic, along with it being absent in 2021.
Is Easter Busy at Walt Disney World?
Easter is usually one of the busiest times of year to visit Disney World due to it being a holiday and many guests having time off work and school.
Here’s what we predict for Easter crowds in 2022:
- April 4 -8 – light to moderate crowds before things pick up for Easter
- April 9-18 – Peak Easter crowds, with the heaviest days on Easter Weekend
- April 19-20 – moderate crowds as the Easter crowds leave and guests arrive for the ICU World Championships
Of course, it’s important to remember that you can’t compare this year’s crowds to previous years. When we predict that crowds will be “heavy,” we mean that on those dates the crowds will be heavier when compared to the rest of the year.
If you’re worried about navigating Easter crowds, check out our Crowd Calendar for more tips. Be sure to also take a look at how Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Theme Park Hours — and to see if you’re eligible to take advantage of either or both!
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders
- Don’t Miss Small World Vacations’ New Year’s 2022 Walt Disney World Offer
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Early 2023 Disney World Offers For Florida Residents & Disney Visa Cardmembers, Plus Chance to Save Up to $400
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- 2023 Lunar New Year & Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Dates Announced - November 21, 2022
- Oasis at Animal Kingdom (DiVine, Rainforest Cafe, animals) - November 21, 2022
- Mickey’s Toontown Reopens March 2023 at Disneyland - November 18, 2022