Awhile ago the Trader Sam animatronic that’s been part of the Jungle Cruise final scene for years was removed as part of the reimagining of the classic attraction at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
Well, Disney announced on April 26 that Trader Sam will still continue to be part of the ride — in a unique way. Basically, he’ll be there in spirit, but we won’t actually see him.
As shared on the Disney Parks Blog, “Word on the stream is that Alberta Falls, proprietor of the Jungle Navigation Company Ltd., has entrusted her longtime friend, Trader Sam, to manage the new Lost & Found location.”
As you can see in concept art above, Trader Sam has turned the Lost & Found into a gift shop “to make some extra money.”
Disney also made it clear that Trader Sam won’t be seen by noting, “But, while he’s out lost and finding some new inventory, it’s the animals that get the last laugh!”
It was first announced in January that Jungle Cruise would be receiving some necessary updates on both coasts.
At the time, Disney said that the changes “include new adventures that stay true to the experience we know and love – more humor, wildlife and skipper heart – and also reflect and value the diversity of the world around us.“
In an interview with Disney Imagineers Susana Tubert and Kevin Livel that was published on March 19 by Attractions Magazine, they briefly discussed Trader Sam and said about the themed-bars, “As far as Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at Disneyland Resort and Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Walt Disney World Resort, no plans are on the way to update them currently.”
Obviously, Trader Sam has since been removed from Jungle Cruise. These are only just a few of the new additions coming to the ride. There will be new characters, a bigger focus on the skippers, and more of a spotlight on Alberta Falls.
The attraction will remain open while the changes are being made. The updates are expected to be completed sometime later in 2021.
- Disney Shares More Jungle Cruise Updates & The Addition Of Alberta Falls
- Jungle Cruise Will Be Revamped At Both Walt Disney World & Disneyland
- Festival Of The Lion King’s Modified Show Set To Debut In Mid-May
- Wolfgang Puck Express At Disney Springs Has Permanently Closed
- The Disneyland Hotel Is Reopening In Early July 2021
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours - July 30, 2021
- Best Vegetarian Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - July 29, 2021
- Disney World & Disneyland Guests Must Once Again Wear Masks Indoors - July 28, 2021