A Disney World vacation offers you nearly unlimited ways to customize and enhance your experience. While it isn’t necessarily ever an inexpensive trip, you can definitely do Disney on a budget.
But in the pursuit of savings, it is easy to miss the fact that sometimes spending a little more upfront might actually help you have a better trip in the end.
Disney Club Level is one of those things that many people don’t know about, or they may never consider it as an option, thinking the price is out of their budget. But depending on your family and style of vacationing, staying Club Level at Disney World just might be the perfect fit — and in some ways, it may actually end up helping you save money.
Let’s talk about why…
What is Disney Club Level?
Staying in a Club Level room isn’t something you can only do at Disney. Hotels around the world offer room categories that anyone can book that provide additional perks or amenities and concierge-level services to their guests.
At Disney World, this extra-special room category is called Club Level.
Not all Walt Disney World resort hotels offer it as an option, though. Club Level is only available at the Deluxe Resorts at Walt Disney World with one exception: the Gran Destino Tower, at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort (a Moderate-level resort).
What resorts offer Club Level accommodations?
Club Level accommodations are available at all Deluxe Resorts at Walt Disney World and at the Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, which is a Moderate Resort, as well.
Most resorts offering Club Level have one Club Level lounge, however some resorts (as you can see below) offer two.
- Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kilimanjaro Club Lounge
- Beach Club Resort – Stone Harbor Club
- Boardwalk Inn – Innkeepers Club
- Contemporary Resort – Atrium Club on the 12th floor and Tower Club on the 14th floor
- Grand Floridian Resort – Royal Palm Club and Sugar Loaf Key Club
- Polynesian Resort – King Kamehameha Club
- Wilderness Lodge Resort – Old Faithful Club
- Yacht Club Resort – Regatta Club
- Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – Chronos Club
What perks do you get when you stay Club Level?
Booking a room that is in the Club Level category will give you access to additional amenities that are only available to Club Level guests. The benefits for each resort may vary slightly, but in general you can expect:
Assistance with planning your itinerary
In years past, Disney Club Level guests had access to what was called the Disney Itinerary Planning Office (IPO). These Cast Members were resort-specific and would help guests book their FastPasses and Advanced Dining Reservations.
Now, Disney has centralized this perk into what they call Signature Services.
Signature Services can do everything that the old Itinerary Planning Offices could; however, they don’t have any sort of magical special access for dining reservations or Genie+ selections that you can’t see for yourself in My Disney Experience (except that they can see all available reservations at once instead of just a few at at time like what you see in the app or online).
Pre-pandemic, Club Level guests using Signature Services were able to book three extra FastPasses per day for a $50 fee per person, per day, but not anymore. No similar perk has been instituted for Genie+, though the Cast Members here can provide assistance in booking Lightning Lanes.
In addition, it’s also important to note that Signature Services can’t book your Advanced Dining Reservations any earlier than what you or your travel agent could book. And, since their office doesn’t open until 9 a.m. EST, if you wait for them to book for you, you’ll be 2 hours behind everybody else that started booking right when the window opened at 7 a.m. EST.
That delay could actually mean the difference between getting some of those hard-to-get reservations or not.
Because of these reasons, using Signature Services may not be the best option for guests wanting any of the hard-to-get dining reservations.
Your best bet (if you want somebody else to help you with those) is to book your reservation with a travel agent so that you’ll have access to their free services and expertise.
Once you have booked your reservation, you can access Signature Services via email or phone:
- Phone number: (407) 939-7777
- Email: [email protected]
Disney Club Level rooms are generally grouped onto separate floors or in some cases, separate buildings.
In order to access the Club Level buildings or floors, guests staying Club Level must use their MagicBands, MagicBand+, or room key card..
While this is clearly not 100% secure, it does help to limit traffic flow.
Evening turndown service
Club Level guests receive both the traditional room servicing, plus an additional evening turndown service.
This is where your room is given a light once over and your bed linens are literally “turned down” (and chocolate is left on your pillow!) in preparation for sleeping.
Robes and slippers in the room and upgraded toiletries
Disney has been transitioning to wall-mounted dispensers for toiletries in many of their resorts, but that isn’t the case in the Club Level rooms.
Club Level guests get upgraded H20 brand toiletries and, in addition to the standard shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, may also include things like bottles of sunblock, food lotion, mouthwash, aloe gel, etc.
Club Level rooms also have plush robes and slippers for guests.
Complimentary newspapers and fax assistance
While not delivered to your door, Club Level guests will find plenty of complimentary newspapers available down near the lounge, plus complimentary fax assistance.
Club Level Check-in
If you are staying Club Level and arrive between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m., you’ll be escorted to the Club Level floor or building to be checked in there, bypassing the line at the front desk.
Club Level Concierge Desk
If you find yourself needing assistance during your stay, there is a concierge desk available between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
The Cast Members working there can assist with things like tickets or dining reservations, transportation questions, help with your MagicBands, etc.
In case you have forgotten what you have planned for the day, or if you are just looking for a scrapbook-quality reminder from your trip, some resorts offer their Club Level guests full-color daily itineraries delivered to their room each evening.
Club Level Lounge
Probably the most well-known aspect of staying Club Level is the Club Level Lounge.
The lounges offer guests staying Club Level a place to relax and unwind away from the hustle and bustle of a Disney vacation.
Inside the lounges you’ll find tables and chairs, televisions, and usually an area for kids with their own sized stuff.
Some Club Lounges even offer fantastic views of the nighttime shows or the natural surroundings of the resort.
But, probably the main feature of the Club Lounge is the food and beverages.
Throughout the day, guests can drop into the lounge to pick up breakfast, a snack, or even heavy hors d’oeuvres and desserts.
Schedules can differ from resort to resort, but typically you can expect it took something similar to this:
- Coffee: 6:30 a.m to 7:00 a.m.
- Continental breakfast: 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Light snacks: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Hors d’oeuvres and select beverages (wine and beer): 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Desserts and cordials: 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
All food offerings generally include both adult and kid-friendly choices.
And if you have an allergy or food sensitivity, the staff will work with you to ensure that you’ll have safe options available.
In addition to canned sodas, tea, lemonade, punch, etc., in the evenings the lounges also offer a decent selection of complimentary alcohol including wines, beers, and cordials.
Finally, aside from the food and drinks offered, one of the best things about the Club Level Lounge is that it gives you a “home” on your travel dates.
This is especially useful if you:
- Have a late flight out or an early flight in, as your access to the lounge begins as soon as you check in (regardless of if your room is ready) and lasts through midnight of the day you check out
- If you’re traveling with a group and want a place you can all gather
Final thoughts on staying Club Level
- Lots of people will claim that by using the food offerings in the Club Level Lounge they actually save money. We’re not sure that the cost of the food offsets the increased cost of the room, but there are savings that can be had, so be sure you check for discounts. Sometimes Club Level rooms can be booked at a discount for roughly the same price as a non-discounted standard room at the same resort.
- While the planning services once offered provided an advantage for booking reservations, that really isn’t the case now. For the most concierge-level service, we recommend booking your room with a trusted travel agent that will help you plan and make your reservations for you.
- If your plan is to save money on food by using the Club Level Lounge for some meals, schedule any dining reservations for lunch, since they typically only have snacks available during that time of the day.
- Club Level is great for guests who aren’t planning to spend their entire day in the parks, so if you are a half-day kind of park touring family, Club Level might make sense since you’ll be around more to take advantage of its benefits.
- If you are staying at a resort where the Club Level lounge has a nice view of fireworks (like the lounge at the Boardwalk Inn), make sure you try to catch the show from there at least once.
Have you ever stayed Club Level before? Tell us about how it went in the comments.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️