There are lots of things that everybody seems to do at Disney World, but if you’re looking for something unique to do, I have 5 ideas for you today.
I also have lot of recent news, a company to help you with dining reservations, and a quick tip of the day.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
5 unique things to do at Disney World
- Mail a coconut (available in the gift shops at Pirates of the Caribbean, Polynesian, Caribbean Beach Resort)
- Pick-a-pearl at the Japan store in Epcot
- Decorate a Christmas tree at Ye Old Christmas Shoppe at Magic Kingdom
- Have a campfire with Chip and Dale at Ft. Wilderness
- Get a Haunted portrait at the Memento Mori gift shop at Magic Kingdom
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party map came out. You can find it and my touring advice in my Halloween party post.
- Chief Operating Officer Tom Staggs announced that Star Wars Land would break ground in 2016.
- The Merry & Bright Dessert Party (Nov. 6-Dec. 30) and the Merry & Bright Dinner Reception (Jan. 1- 3) are available this holiday season, both overlooking The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With the dessert party, guests will enjoy holiday-themed desserts while surrounded by the amazing light display. New for 2015 is a dinner reception Jan. 1 – 3, featuring a selection of small bites including beef, shrimp and turkey, plus wine, beer and specialty beverages. You’ll be able to book these experiences beginning Sept. 16.
- Osborne Lights are going away after this year. Episode 67 features music from this show.
- Beginning October 5, 2015, on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, “Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise” will be offered and cost $99 for adults, and $69 for ages 3-9 (including tax and gratuity). Capacity will be limited to 150 guests per cruise. You can make reservations now on the Disney website or via 407-WDW-DINE.
- Mulch Sweat and Shears at Hollywood Studios is going away after October 10.
- Beginning September 15 through November 1 (or while supplies last), the Halloween Minnie Mouse transformation package at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will be available and includes your choice of boutique hairstyling, shimmering makeup, face gems, nail polish, a Princess sash and cinch sack, plus the Halloween Minnie Mouse costume and matching headband. Call 407-WDW-STYLE (407-939-7895) for reservations.
Today’s featured company is WDW Table Finder, a service for alerting you when dining reservations open up for your dates.
Quick tip of the day
You may want to watch Disney movies to prepare for your Disney World trip. Consider using Roku or apps like FlixFindr to search all of the services you subscribe to for movies.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️