There are lots of things that everybody seems to do at Disney World, but if you’re looking for something unique to do, I have 5 ideas for you today.
I also have lot of recent news, a company to help you with dining reservations, and a quick tip of the day.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
5 unique things to do at Disney World
- Mail a coconut (available in the gift shops at Pirates of the Caribbean, Polynesian, Caribbean Beach Resort)
- Pick-a-pearl at the Japan store in Epcot
- Decorate a Christmas tree at Ye Old Christmas Shoppe at Magic Kingdom
- Have a campfire with Chip and Dale at Ft. Wilderness
- Get a Haunted portrait at the Memento Mori gift shop at Magic Kingdom
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party map came out. You can find it and my touring advice in my Halloween party post.
- Chief Operating Officer Tom Staggs announced that Star Wars Land would break ground in 2016.
- The Merry & Bright Dessert Party (Nov. 6-Dec. 30) and the Merry & Bright Dinner Reception (Jan. 1- 3) are available this holiday season, both overlooking The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With the dessert party, guests will enjoy holiday-themed desserts while surrounded by the amazing light display. New for 2015 is a dinner reception Jan. 1 – 3, featuring a selection of small bites including beef, shrimp and turkey, plus wine, beer and specialty beverages. You’ll be able to book these experiences beginning Sept. 16.
- Osborne Lights are going away after this year. Episode 67 features music from this show.
- Beginning October 5, 2015, on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, “Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise” will be offered and cost $99 for adults, and $69 for ages 3-9 (including tax and gratuity). Capacity will be limited to 150 guests per cruise. You can make reservations now on the Disney website or via 407-WDW-DINE.
- Mulch Sweat and Shears at Hollywood Studios is going away after October 10.
- Beginning September 15 through November 1 (or while supplies last), the Halloween Minnie Mouse transformation package at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will be available and includes your choice of boutique hairstyling, shimmering makeup, face gems, nail polish, a Princess sash and cinch sack, plus the Halloween Minnie Mouse costume and matching headband. Call 407-WDW-STYLE (407-939-7895) for reservations.
Today’s featured company is WDW Table Finder, a service for alerting you when dining reservations open up for your dates.
Quick tip of the day
You may want to watch Disney movies to prepare for your Disney World trip. Consider using Roku or apps like FlixFindr to search all of the services you subscribe to for movies.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- 2023 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Dates Announced
- ‘Ohana Character Dining Returning to Walt Disney World, Plus More
- Disney KiteTails at Animal Kingdom Is Ending For Good
- Walt Disney World Closing Theme Parks Due To Tropical Storm Nicole
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Erin C.’s trip with two little ones to Disney World– PREP 358 - May 23, 2023
- What is the best way to get from MCO to WDW? - May 16, 2023
- Competing at The Summit and a Disney World vacation with Misty O – PREP 357 - May 16, 2023
Saturday 24th of December 2016
Love seeing your info but is there a way for you to take it off Pinterest when it becomes obsolete? Osborne lights no longer appear at Disney but this article makes people think it does. Not sure how it all works with people reposting things. Your site is one I refer people to and I don't want to give false info
Friday 30th of December 2016
No way to take it off of Pinterest which is a bummer. Was really missing Osborne Lights this year.
Monday 28th of September 2015
To add to your quick tip, I found renting dvd's of Disney movies from our local library very helpful and free! I would even request movies online and they would get the movies from other local libraries for me.
Wednesday 16th of September 2015
Great ideas! I love hearing about things to do that aren't part of a normal itinerary. Thank you!