How do you solve a problem like Hollywood Studios? While the changes taking place there will be exciting in a few years, it’s hard to know what to do in the meantime.
I have advice on how you might want to handle it. I also have news, a featured company that will help you save money on Deluxe Resorts, and a quick tip on which Deluxe Resorts you might pick.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Planning for Hollywood Studios
- Recent closures (or closure announcements) include: Backlot Tour, American Idol, Magic of Disney Animation Building, Mulch Sweat & Shears, Osborne Lights, and Frozen Summer Fun has ended
- Rumored upcoming closures: Voyage of the Little Mermaid, One Man’s Dream, Fantasmic (could just be temporary as none are scheduled after January), Lights Motors Action, and Star Wars Weekends
- New things coming: Great Movie Ride updates, 3rd track coming soon to Toy Story Mania, Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Wars show, Season of the Force
- People that will be most happy with Hollywood Studios are those who are fans of Star Wars, Frozen (especially if Frozen Fun returns in some form), Disney Jr characters, and the main attractions at Hollywood Studios
- FastPass+ is very important since there are so few attractions to hold everybody
- Since so many of the filler attractions have closed (or are rumored to be closing), I really think Hollywood Studios is a half-day park. Might make sense to rope drop another park without any FP+ and then hop to Hollywood Studios later in the day.
- The Food and Wine Festival map is available. You can find that (plus overview info) in my F&W guide.
- April 2016 park hours are still not available.
- The 3rd track for Toy Story Mania was thought to be opening in 2016, but it might actually be opening in late 2015.
- Narcoossee’s (located at The Grand Floridian) is now offering a waterfront brunch.
- Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar is opening in Downtown Disney/Disney Springs on September 22.
Quick tip of the day
If you want to stay in a Deluxe Resort that is completely enclosed (lobby, restaurants, rooms, etc.), there are 3 great resorts for that – Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, and The Beach Club.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023
- Disney cruise from England to Norwegian Fjords – PREP 374 - September 12, 2023