(Info last updated: October 4, 2015)
It’s not a vacation if you have to wake up early, right?
Well, at Disney World, that’s often not the case. I’ve got 5 reasons why you might want to consider waking up early during your trip.
I also have recent news, a featured company that will help decorate your MagicBands, and a quick tip of the day regarding parking near one of the theme parks.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
The first-timer interviews are coming back! People who are interested should leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and a general trip overview. I’m specifically interested in a few topics but will consider others as well.
These are the topics I’d love to hear about:
- People who had a bad 1st trip, but are going back with a plan
- Three generations traveling together
- People camping at Ft. Wilderness
- Offsite resort stays
- People planning a split resort stay
You can leave a message by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
5 reasons to wake up early at Disney World
- Early breakfast reservations, especially ones that take place in the parks. Episode 102 covered everything about how those work.
- All parks have something going on before park opening. Magic Kingdom has an opening show, and the other parks are allowing people into a portion of the park 30 minutes early.
- Mornings are less crowded and make touring easier.
- Easier to take pics with fewer people in them.
- Temps are much cooler in the morning that in the mid-day heat.
- Sci-Fi has breakfast November 1-January 23 – https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/09/new-out-of-this-world-breakfast-debuts-nov-1-at-sci-fi-dine-in-theater-restaurant-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/
- Disney Parks Talent casting posted openings for “dynamic Female Dancers, Male Comedic/Improv Actors, and Male Actors Who Sing for a new Disney Villains inspired entertainment” which will take place at Hollywood Studios.
- Morimoto Asia (a new restaurant in Downtown Disney) will open September 30 and begin to accept reservations on Sept. 16 through Open Table. Or beginning Sept. 30, you can make reservations through the restaurant at 407-560-6686. Reservations through 407-WDW-DINE begin Nov. 1. Hours are daily from 11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
- People planning to stay at Caribbean Beach Resort in the near future should know that the bridge which takes people from the Jamaica/Aruba villages over to the food court and main pool area is closed. I’d suggest requesting a village on the same side as the food court to avoid this issue.
Today’s featured company is Magic Your Band, my favorite MagicBand skin company. They offer lots of great styles and the ability to upload your own designs as well.
Quick tip of the day
Valet parking at Disney resorts is $25/day (price updated on October 3, 2015, to reflect valet price increase) and can come in really handy if you have a breakfast reservation at a resort near 1 of the parks. You can park at the resort for your breakfast reservation, walk to a nearby park, and return to your car at the end of day which will allow you to avoid the bulk of the crowds at the parks.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- Walt Disney World Closing Theme Parks Due To Tropical Storm Nicole
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian
- ‘Ohana Character Dining Returning to Walt Disney World, Plus More
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Sailing Concierge on the Disney Wish– PREP 348 - March 14, 2023
- Flower and Garden Festival 2023 – PREP 347 - March 7, 2023
- Traveling on the Spectrum – PREP 346 - February 28, 2023
Saturday 12th of September 2015
I love your site! I found you on pinterest several months ago and have since been been planning a Disney trip for March 2016. It will be my husband and I and our 4 kids ages 4-11 and my inlaws. We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort for 6 nights over spring break 2016. We have a Disney travel agent. I was listening to your podcast about the interview and we fit one of the categories and I would love to do an interview! I look at your site almost daily even though my agent will be planning our trip for us! It's my second time to go but will be my family's first!! I can't wait!!
Friday 11th of September 2015
Hey Shannon, after listening to this podcast I felt immediate panic. Does the parks opening up early make breakfast reservations not worth it? I feel like I will now not be able to enjoy our early character breakfasts because we will be eating while the park will be allowing people in. I made these early reservations with the thought of having a head start, especially for things like Jedi Training sign ups. All of my plans involve early mornings, but now I wonder if I should skip character breakfasts. Thanks for all that you do.