All 4 Disney World parks have restaurants that open at 8 a.m., giving you a fantastic opportunity to eat before the park opens and maybe even position yourself in a prime spot to visit an attraction as soon as the park opens.
I'll get into the details of how that works, and also discuss news and a quick tip regarding Disney gift cards.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I'll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Pre-park opening breakfast info
First, some basic things that are true for all pre-park opening breakfast reservations:
- The earliest breakfast reservation time is almost always 8:00, regardless of when the park opens.
- Disney will provide transportation to get you there, even though they often tell people that buses begin an hour before park opening. Magic Kingdom buses usually begin at 6:30, and buses for the other parks usually begin at 7 or 7:15. The resort monorail usually begins operating at 7 a.m.
- At every park, there will be a special line for people with early reservations to enter. They'll check your name on the reservation list and then you'll be allowed into the park.
Some things to know about Magic Kingdom pre-park opening reservations:
- Park hours often change from 9 to 8 a.m. so you may want to make 2 reservations and then cancel later when you know which one you want to keep.
- There will be PhotoPass photographers in the park to take pics.
- The three restaurant options are Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Be Our Guest. Be Our Guest will be the fastest and give you the best opportunity to position yourself for an attraction.
A couple of things to know about Epcot breakfast reservations:
- Akershus and Garden Grill are your two options (Garden Grill begins on November 8).
- People entering through the International Gateway won't have any issues getting in early.
- Hollywood Studios often has park hours changes so I'd recommend making 2 reservations and then canceling the one you don't want.
- The only restaurant option is Hollywood and Vine, which has Disney Jr. characters.
- People interested in Jedi Training Academy might want to finish up eating just before the park opens to go jump in line.
Just 1 option at Animal Kingdom (Tusker House), but it is good food and puts you in a great spot to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris after you're finished eating.
- Be Our Guest breakfast is now a permanent option that opens up 180 days beforehand, just like all other restaurants.
- Minnie's Holiday Dine is a dinner option at Hollywood & Vine at Hollywood Studios from November 7-January 3. The Fantasmic dinner package option is available online, and the non-Fantasmic option is available by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
- Pizzafari (Quick Service restaurant at Animal Kingdom) is scheduled to be closed August 24-October 19, 2015.
Quick tip of the day
DisneyGiftCard.com can be used to not only purchase Disney gift cards, but it can be used to combine your cards into 1 card worth up to $1000.
Today's featured company is Garden Grocer which is my favorite way to get groceries on Disney World trips. Check out my article on 8 ways to get groceries for Disney World trips for other options as well.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you're used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)