Today I have my ideal Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom days to help you figure out how to plan your days (and to even combine the 2 parks into 1 day).
I also have a quick tip of the day and recent Disney World news.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Ideal Hollywood Studios day
- Arrive 30-40 minutes before the park opens
- Go to Toy Story Mania, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, and Great Movie Ride first. During busier times of the year FP+ reservations for Tower of Terror, Star Tours and Great Movie Ride may be needed.
- Spend the rest of the day seeing shows. Use wdwent.com for show times and consider taking food into outdoor shows to maximize your time (those shows include Beauty and the Beast, Lights Motors Action, Indiana Jones, and Fantasmic).
Ideal Animal Kingdom day
For the shortest wait times at attractions, follow this plan:
- Arrive 30-40 minutes before park opening
- Go to Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, ride Expedition Everest with FP+ (re-ride in the single rider line if desired), Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safaris with FP+, Festival of the Lion King with FP+, lunch, and remaining attractions
For maximum animal activity, follow this plan:
- Arrive 30-40 minutes before park opening
- Go to Kilimanjaro Safaris, other animal trails and attractions, Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest with FP+ (re-ride in single rider line if desired), Dinosaur with FP+, Primeval Whirl with FP+, lunch, then remaining attractions
Combining HS and AK
My touring plans have a suggestion for combining the 2 parks into 1 day.
Quick tip of the day
Use Facebook to research your trip by searching for any Disney World resort, attraction, or restaurant. They will often have reviews and recent info to help you plan your trip.
- Garden Grill at Epcot is now serving breakfast and lunch for dates beginning on November 8 and reservations are now open.
- Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom is scheduled to be closed August 17-November 12.
- The credit limit at Value and Moderate Resorts is now $1500, and the limit at Deluxe Resorts is $2000.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon: Comparing the Disney World Water Parks - September 29, 2023
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023