In this episode, I chat with Casey from DLR Prep School about our experiences at D23, including the big parks announcements.
We also discuss news and a quick tip that involves making "Casey" into a verb.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
FYI - I say that this is episode 102 in the audio, but it's actually episode 103. I blame D23 fatigue for the error.
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I'll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
All about D23
At D23, we learned that:
- A Jungle Cruise-themed restaurant is coming to Magic Kingdom in late 2015.
- Star Wars lands are coming to both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios and includes Star Tours and Jedi Training getting updated, and a new Season of the Force seasonal event is coming to both parks in early 2016. Disneyland is also getting a new overlay for Space Mountain (Hyperspace Mountain), while Hollywood Studios is getting new fireworks.
- Toy Story Land is also coming to Hollywood Studios and it'll include an attraction based on the green aliens, a family coaster with the slinky dog as the ride vehicle, and an expansion of Toy Story Mania.
- Epcot updates regarding Frozen Ever After (the animatronics look fantastic) and Soarin' Around the World, both coming in 2016.
- Animal Kingdom will be getting a Kilimanjaro Safaris expansion (including adding 2 new animal species) and there were updates on Rivers of Light and the new Avatar-themed land which will officially be called Pandora - World of Avatar.
- There is now a Shop Disney Parks app for Android and iOS which will allow you to buy most parks merchandise from home.
- No Fantasmics are scheduled after January, but Fantasmic packages have finally opened up for the month of January.
- More resorts now have bus monitors to allow you to see when the next bus will be coming to each park.
Quick tip of the day
Don't believe the lines. Be sure to ask to make sure you get the right info. Casey is really good at this and it's become a verb, as in "go Casey it!"
Today's featured company is Bitbelt which is a product that allows you to secure your MagicBand and/or fitness band. You can order online and use code "wdwprepschool" to save 15%.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you're used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)