There are a lot of exciting changes coming to Disney World in 2016, including a new nighttime show, all new attractions, completely redone popular attractions, and lots of construction.
I have details on all of that, plus a quick tip of the day.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Changes coming to Disney World in 2016
- Magic Kingdom - Skipper Canteen now open (Table Service location, reservations not open yet but can walk up)
- Epcot - Flower and Garden Festival much longer this year, Soarin’ Around the World opening (long closure, new one will be digital with new movie, new theater), Anna/Elsa meet and greet and new Frozen Ever After ride opening by summer
- Hollywood Studios - Star Wars Weekends going away, Star Wars Launch Bay now open (character meets, exhibits, short film, merchandise), Jedi Training and Star Tours updated, Symphony in the Stars fireworks scheduled nightly, Osborne Lights going away to make way for Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land construction beginning, third track for Toy Story Mania opening
- Animal Kingdom - Rivers of Light opening spring 2016, Sunset Kilimanjaro Safaris (African wild dogs and hyenas) coming in spring, new Table Service restaurant called Tiffins (indoor/outdoor seating, serving lunch and dinner), Pandora construction continues
- Disney Springs - construction finally wrapping up in 2016, DisneyQuest is closing (NBA Experience is coming), Pleasure Island area now called The Landing, Town Center area completely new
- Resorts: Wilderness Lodge having extensive construction until 2017, Poly refurb finally wrapping up, several resort pool refurbishments listed on the monthly dashboards
Quick tip of the day
Not sure which park you'll be in each day of your trip? When your FastPass+ window opens up, snag Magic Kingdom FastPass+ reservations for each day of your trip since they are the most difficult to get. When you figure out where you'll be, you can cancel the FP+ you don't need.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you're used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)