People traveling to Disney World in November and December often wonder which party date to attend for the lowest crowds. Here’s some advice to help you plan…
When is the party held?
In November, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is held a few nights a week, often on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. However, in 2022 there is no party the Friday after Thanksgiving.
In December, the party is typically held 4 nights a week – on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. The last party of the year is generally during the week of Christmas, typically a couple of days before the 25th.
Dates that sell out
Though we used to advise people to wait until they arrived at Disney World to buy tickets (because tickets are non-refundable and determining the weather after arrival made sense), that is much more difficult now with so many dates selling out and with Disney offering discounts for purchasing ahead of time.
As of November 19, the 2022 MVMCP is completely sold out.
- November 8 (sold out on Sept. 26)
- November 10 (sold out on Sept. 19)
- November 11 (sold out on Oct. 3)
- November 14 (sold out on Nov. 4)
- November 15 (sold out on Oct. 31)
- November 17 (sold out on Oct. 27)
- November 18 (sold out on Nov. 4)
- November 20 (sold out on Oct. 27)
- November 22 (sold out on Oct. 9)
- November 27 (sold out on Nov. 4)
- November 29 (sold out on Nov. 4)
- December 1 (sold out on Nov. 10)
- December 2 (sold out on Nov. 4)
- December 4 (sold out on Nov. 4)
- December 6 (sold out on Oct. 27)
- December 8 (sold out on Nov. 4)
- December 9 (sold out on Nov. 10)
- December 11 (sold out on Nov. 18)
- December 13 (sold out on Nov. 18)
- December 15 (sold out on Nov. 19)
- December 16 (sold out on October 28)
- December 18 (sold out on Oct. 20)
- December 20 (sold out on Nov. 4)
- December 22 (sold out on October 27)
You can almost always count on the first party and the last few parties to sell out. The party right after Thanksgiving is likely to sell out as well.
Which day of the week is best?
If you have a few parties scheduled during your trip and are trying to decide which to book, we advise looking at Tuesday party dates.
If you’re traveling in November, the day of the week will matter a bit less as those dates aren’t usually as busy as December dates.
How to plan your party time
Now that you’ve had some help deciding a date, how about planning out your party time? Check out our complete guide to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for info on where to find all of the characters, a suggested touring plan, and a comparison of dessert party options.
- Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Tickets Go On Sale In June, Plus More Disneyland Halloween Details
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returning In August 2022
- Tickets On Sale For 2022 Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic
- 2022 Candlelight Processional Celebrity Narrators & Dining Packages Announced
- Special 2023 Disney World Rates & Tickets Available For U.S. Military Members
- 2022 Complete Guide to the Candlelight Processional (Dining Packages & Standby Tips) - December 1, 2022
- Is the 2022 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party worth it? (Review & Strategy) - November 7, 2022
- 9 tips for making your visit to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party magical - November 3, 2022