Just like any other public venue there are definitely things you can (and cannot) bring into Disney World.
Some of the items in the list below probably seem self-explanatory but there are a few items that you may find a bit surprising.
So if you find yourself asking “What can I bring into Disney World” you’ll definitely want to keep reading.
NEW rules for Disney World beginning May 1, 2019
Disney has updated their policies on a few key items. Beginning May 1, 2019 all of these items will be prohibited at both Walt Disney World (and Disneyland):
- Strollers larger than 31″ (79 cm) wide and 52″ (132 cm) long
- Stroller wagons (like the popular Keenz variety shown below)
- Smoking inside of all parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom), water parks (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon), ESPN Wide World of Sports, and Disney Springs
- Smoking areas will be provided outside the entrances, however, at this time the exact locations aren’t known
- Loose ice and dry ice inside of coolers
- Disney has said that “…you may continue to bring ice inside water bottles or resealable bags. The new rule applies to ice that is loose within a container such as a cooler.”
- If you have a freezer available to you (however, most of the small fridges in the rooms do NOT) you can also use re-usable ice packs, or, you can also get cups of ice from counter service/quick locations for free.
Read more about all of these updates on the Disney Parks Blog.
Items prohibited at Disney World:
- Anything that you can pull behind you. This includes wagons and coolers.
- Alcohol, marijuana, and illegal drugs.
- Folding chairs. Rollators are allowed but you can’t bring folding chairs with you to use while you wait in line or for shows, etc.
- Selfie Sticks. These were banned a few years ago after they became a hazard on some of the attractions.
- Weapons of any kind as well as any toy weapons that could easily be mistaken for the real thing.
- Extra-large strollers. Strollers must be smaller than 36″ by 52″ (NEW: Beginning May 1, strollers must be than 31″ (79 cm) wide and 52″ (132 cm) long or smaller)
- Segways or any sort of mobility device that doesn’t have at least 3 wheels.
- Drones, skateboards, scooters, skates, and Heelys (or any shoes with built in wheels).
- Tripods larger than what can fit inside of your backpack.
- Any clothes with objectionable or obscene language or graphics.
- Any clothes that reveal more skin than what is considered appropriate for a “family environment”.
Animal Kingdom has a couple of park-specific prohibited items that are dangerous for the animals:
- Straws (paper straws are allowed)
What about costumes? Disney has some special rules for those:
- Costumes and masks should only be worn by guests younger than 14 EXCEPT during special events like Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Disney After Hours Boo Bash, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and Star Wars themed events like Star Wars: Galactic Nights.
- Toy weapons that could easily be mistaken for the “real thing” aren’t allowed.
Surprising items allowed at Disney World
- Food. You can bring any food items you’d like except for alcohol and items in glass containers.
- Coolers. Small coolers are allowed – they just can’t be larger than 24″ by 15″ by 18″ and you can’t pull them behind you.
- NEW BEGINNING MAY 19, 2019: No loose ice in coolers allowed. However, ice in baggies as well as freezer gel packs are allowed.
- Umbrellas (you can’t use them everywhere, but they are allowed in).
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Disney World Removing 50th Decor, Mickey & Friends Get New Costumes, & More Updates
- Disney World Introducing Park-Specific Ticket Pricing, Annual Pass Prices Increasing
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- Touring Animal Kingdom (without Genie+) - May 20, 2023
- Magic Kingdom Early Entry & Rope Drop (tips & strategy) - May 16, 2023
- When can I book a Disney World package for 2024? - May 8, 2023
Saturday 2nd of October 2021
I know you can’t Vape in the park, but will security allow you to have it in a backpack?
Wednesday 15th of September 2021
We have small fans that go around our neck. Can we bring them in the park?
Thursday 16th of September 2021
Yep! You can definitely do that.
Sunday 4th of July 2021
Can you bring hand held battery operated fan in Disney world magic kingdom.
Wednesday 30th of June 2021
can i bring a mini flat iron to retouch my hair for pictures?
Tuesday 29th of June 2021
Can I bring sandwiches into the park. I have a large family and wanted to pack lunch for everyone
Tuesday 29th of June 2021
Yes! You can. You just can't bring alcohol or glass containers. Also, keep in mind you can't pull anything behind you (like a wagon or cooler) but there are lockers at the front of all the parks where you can store a small cooler, if needed.